It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Did I say that? I don't think I did. I said what else--as in what other things--can we do.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Although I think the wall is needed for other issues besides illegals taking jobs, I'm all for HEAVY fines for employers that employ illegals.

Like this guy....

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: ketsuko

Those women made me ashamed to be a woman.

Those women exercising their 1st Amendment rights allowed by the US constitution made me proud to be an American.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Augustus Masonicus voted for me in the last election 2016.

Yep I remember that thread where he provided photographic evidence of his write in vote for "zazzafrazz". It was cute. Whatever you do, don't tell him about how I spoke roughly to you in my last post.

A few people lost their collective minds as a result.
I was so angry I was shaking... jk

edit on 1/2/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Although I think the wall is needed for other issues besides illegals taking jobs, I'm all for HEAVY fines for employers that employ illegals.

Like this guy....

www.rollingstone.com...

hell yes. find out who is at fault, and put them in jail. Even if it's Donald. Although, I kind of doubt he does the hiring at his golf courses, but fair is fair.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Like this guy....

www.rollingstone.com...

Like anyone that's breaking the law. I couldn't care less what political affiliation they have, if their breaking the law, fine them, period.

BTW, there's sanctuary cities that were and probably still are giving away drivers license and ID cards to illegals, this is not a Trump only problem. Thanks for your bias selected news story though.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: ketsuko

Those women made me ashamed to be a woman.

Those women exercising their 1st Amendment rights allowed by the US constitution made me proud to be an American.

Yes, the largest single day protest in American history. Unfortunately they were mostly protesting a decades-old comment, the results of a democratic election, and not any injustice or wrongdoing. I'm not sure that's something to be proud of, but to each their own.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

IMO, All globalists are lefties but not all lefties are globalists.

Globalists want no border security because they believe that no-single-individual can determine where another person can dwell on this planet. Now, globalists don't want these people taking your home, no, they want them to get some other land, and house, and money to live, but in the same area as you, and globalists think that everybody should, through taxation, contribute to this exercise in humanity which is actually an exercise in wealth redistribution which is actually what the end goal is here and just like the invasion of Iraq in 03, your, my and everyone elses opinion means exactly jack-sh!t - its gonna happen, save for some revolution where everyone bands together to take down the actual enemies controlling the whole damn planet - and they ain't leftists, or righties - they're control freaks who almost have the entire deck stacked in their favour.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

Illegal immigration is not that way to go, but I don't think a wall is either. There is middle ground. I'm not even against $5 billion in the budget FOR the border security. This wall in just a toddler talking point to me though. I don't think it is in our best interest. And please don't drag me down with this "The wall is a metaphor" bull#.

What is in our best interest?

If the Wall succeeds in not only preventing line jumpers, but funnels them towards legal ports of entry, how is that a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Anyone that spends their days continuously pointing out the faults of those with polar opposite social values (yet incredibly similar behavioral patterns) is an extremist and unhinged.

Sounds like you're pointing out the faults in all peoples.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I don't think Trump knows what Trump is asking for at this point. It is all just about winning to him. At first, I think he was asking for more of a thousand mile cement wall, yes. I am aware of the many different prototypes and I do not think he is still campaigning for the same wall. He has no idea what he is talking about though. I can't handle 'we are building a wall and Mexico is paying for it' to the 'I'm proudly shutting down the government for safety" to "DEMOCRAT SHUT DOWN. ITS NOT EVEN A WALL GET OVER IT". Its pathetic.

The same group of people that advocate on gun rights: "Gun control doesn't matter. If they want a gun they will find a gun."
Boarder security: "We need $5billion for a wall. We don't even know what the wall is yet but that will definitely stop them!"

It makes no sense.

You missed the gun control bit completely. It’s actually criminals don’t follow gun laws (or they wouldn’t be criminals). The only thing gun laws affect are law abiding citizens, making those same law abiding citizens the targets for the criminals who couldn’t care less about laws”.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Trump: We are in horrible danger by allowing immigrants into the country!! This is just like Europe!!
Right: OMG you are right, like.. a random person might die to a murderous immigrant once in a blue moon, and people buy drugs!!
Left: It's stupid.. Mexico isn't going to pay for a wall. And there are bigger priorities. Stupid campaign promise. Legal immigration is important, but there are other ways to do this.
Right: It has to be a wall, build the wall! If you don't want the wall, you support murders and rape and drugs!
Left: Wait.. what? No it does'n...
Right: REEE!!
Left: Look..
Right: REEEEEE!!!!

This conversations always end so well.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Uh, oh. You are going to have a mob of deranged left-wingers claiming "you are anti-imigration, you are a racist, you are xenophobic, blah, blah blah..." In 3...2...1...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Trump: We are in horrible danger by allowing immigrants into the country!! This is just like Europe!!
Right: OMG you are right, like.. a random person might die to a murderous immigrant once in a blue moon, and people buy drugs!!
Left: It's stupid.. Mexico isn't going to pay for a wall. And there are bigger priorities. Stupid campaign promise. Legal immigration is important, but there are other ways to do this.
Right: It has to be a wall, build the wall! If you don't want the wall, you support murders and rape and drugs!
Left: Wait.. what? No it does'n...
Right: REEE!!
Left: Look..
Right: REEEEEE!!!!

This conversations always end so well.

That's a nice little fantasy you have there. But trust me, it will serve your cause better if you were to address the real arguments instead of your made up ones. Just a suggestion.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

are you interested in discussing this like big boys might?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Liberals are none to smart. After Hurricane Harvey the Liberals of Houston stated that they don't need to make any physical adjustments to prevent flood, adding more survallince cameras and web cams and the use of technology would prevent flooding. To stop a physical element from moving into an area that is considered off limits or restricted needs a physical barrier. Imagine having all the cameras in the world and forcing personal to respond to every movement on the camera, doesn't make sense. We build walls, fences and barriers around homes, businesses, restricted areas..etc to prevent access. Imagine a bank telling its customers we don't need a vault, we just need more cameras and technology to stop theft.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The wall is actually a good idea. But first, to say. It wont stop illegals, not all and there are other ways to get into the country then going through hundreds of miles of desserts, but it would discourage a lot of shenanigans that is going on with running trades into the US. Wont even stop drugs from coming in from Mexico, most of that is flown in. But what is not, it can possibly stop it. But its just as likely that there would be under the table deals to let it go on.

It will create more border jobs, which is good in the sense that more jobs is a good thing. And even though it will end up being a dinky fence, in time it may even be a landmark worthy of taking a selfie at, and if that happens, there is upkeep, which will likely cost more and create more jobs, then you will have a wildlife issues, as a fence will stop migrations, which will need to be fixed, likely just hire people to take care of that and again cost more, and a bunch of other things both good and bad that will result from having a fence that way.

And even in the illegals it that cross that way, it may pay for itself in a few years in the taxes you all pay for them anyways. And in all its good to encourage people to stay in there country and fix there own #. All governments are corrupt by nature, its up to the people to fix it, or die off. Its how its been for ages.

You know if we spend half of what it takes to upkeep all these illegals, we could literally send them helicopters and guns, even freaking hellfire missiles, to take care of there pesky cartel problems, all for a fraction of the price it takes to upkeep illegals. And we have used tax payers dime to pay for much more in the middle east.

With the push of a few buttons all of that can be solved. But anyways, I don't think anybody actually wants to solve that or other issues, on both side of the fence, in fact they thrive on it. As for Trump? Well he used to go to all the in crowd parties, even take pics with Hillary and Bill. But as soon as he cuts into to the gravy train, all of a sudden hes a bad guy. Non stop on the News 24/7 on just how bad it all is.

The truth is if there is so much of a push to get him out. What do you think the chances for somebody to get in that can actually change things are? Somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.000 percent. Its all scripted in most cases and anything that cuts into the profits does not get cut, it does not even make it to the lime light to take the boot, like trump did. Out of sight out of mind, which is why nothing will ever get solved. Trump is just a slight deviation from the usual. But ultimately this house of cards is staked so much, that its just a matter of time before it all falls down, with Trump or without.

And so same old same ol. Everybody wants to be right, because the other team is wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Uh, oh. You are going to have a mob of deranged left-wingers claiming "you are anti-imigration, you are a racist, you are xenophobic, blah, blah blah..." In 3...2...1...

Um, what do you mean "in 3...2...1...". You know you're on page 15 right?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Well, Wales and England are practically the same country. Go back a thousand years or so and ya it would be considered two different countries.

And landmass size aside, you could fit more then a few British island just along the border were there thinking of building a fence, which is not likley to happen, even if they wanted to and everybody was up for it. I think, not sure, but even Arizona is almost twice as big as Brittan.

So ya its to much area to cover. It would be longer then the great wall of China to build some 200 years and 2,000 years of improvements and rebuilds if they actually try to build anything even on par, which wont happen, even a chain link fence will take some time if they wanted to.

And even if your on the border states your not just walking to Mexico to grab a coffee, its likely a 3 hour ride, without tragic and without stopping at border crossings.

So, ya. Its not a good comparison. Not many people are waking up in the morning and wanting to go to Mexico to grab a coffee or go shopping and be back by noon. Its more like a few days trip even with cars and such. Unless that is you just feel like driving for possibly 6 to 8 hours just to grab some coffee that is.

Crossing from Wales to England would be something more akin to crossing from Brooklyn to New York.

Really a fence will do likely absolutely nothing in terms of commerce or in anything else really, because there are much more doting things to cross, like the whole expanse of it all.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Border security. You can say wall if it makes you feel happy, but it's border security.

No, they are just different things.

it's what the people who work on the border say they need to be able to do their jobs.

The wall, if it works, is supposed to do the job of preventing illegal entry into the country. This is the job of border security. The wall represents a threat to the job security of border security teams.

This is the entire thing. We (those who aren't for open borders) are in favor of LEGAL immigration, but against ILLEGAL immigration.

Trump has implemented legislation that will reduce legal immigration by 50% and has legislated against schemes such as DACA that allowed legal immigration. Trump is clearly opposed to legal immigration.

We would like for the borders of our country to be better protected, and thereby better control the flow of new people coming into this country. If we knew we could control the numbers, we could plan things better, have better care for the sick ones, and do a better job making sure the few bad ones don't get in.

How about dealing with the "bad ones" within the US instead of pretending that the threat is external? You know, the ones who own banks and vast real estate, yet forclose on common working people, instead of helping them get out of trouble. The banksters are some of the real crooks.

Before we go any farther, what's wrong with that? I know I'll get crickets on that one, and I'll hear more deflection about what Trump did to make you angry, or at least what CNN told you he did. But on that topic, yea, the alternative is open borders.

No it isn't, there are many options with controlled borders which are not a wall:

- There are solutions in amending laws that favor undocumented immigrants.
- There are solutions in manned and mechanized surveillance and interception.
- There are solutions in streamlining the legal immigration processes.
- There are solutions which charge the immigrants a reasonable fee for legal entry and loan schemes to enable those who don't have the money at the border to still get in (and pay).
- There are solutions that only grant acommodation, public transport, social security and civic services to citizens and visa holders, and that give non-citizens without visa, the opportunity to redress their undocumented status.
- There are solutions that would prosecute those who take advantage of the undocumented for cheap labor.

Of course the best solution is to enact many of these options together.

Your belief that a wall is an adequate solution is only an indication of your own conceptual and creative limitations.

Something that no country on the planet Earth has.

That is untrue.

Open border From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's been shown that previous administrations who are said to be superior and great, also wanted border security to be at the forefront of our agenda. And it was applauded by the masses. But since Trump wants it, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Firstly, all this "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" crap that you keep repeating, really, how old are you? Do you think making some vapid noise substitutes for cogent argument? The fact that several Trump apologists (and they do have a lot to apologize for) keep repeating this childish nonsense does not inspire confidence in their intellectual capability.

Secondly, as explained, Trump is clearly trying to curtail LEGAL migration. That is the point of difference between him and the previous administrations.

Suggesting that the previous administrations did not want illegal migration and simultaneously did want illegal migration, requires genius level stupidity.

And the worst part, you can't even explain with any realistic ability what you think the fix might be

Read earlier in this post where I have suggested some possible fixes.

There is actually significant existing legislation and also many suggested solutions that Trump and his toadies are either trying to denigrate or repeal.

Clearly that is evidencing a level of denial close to psychosis.

or that there is a problem.

The fact that it is cause for so much debate indicates that nearly everyone with an opinion is acknowledging that there is a problem.

Just that whatever Trump wants, is bad.

Again, you fail to see the importance of the problems and think they are all about Trump.

This does not indicate the obsession of those who question some of Trump's alleged policies (cause he 'twists in the wind' and you never know which way he'll blow today), it does indicate the fawning obsession of some of Trump's supporters.

So at this point, you need to embrace your TDS. You MUST recognize it and wear it proudly.

There is no such syndrome. It is a childish label, like from a infants school playground. Obviously thought up by an imbecile unable to debate a point with clarity and rationality.

There is such a thing as a sycophant. Someone who is too weak of character to stand-up for what is right and instead kowtows simperingly to the bully.

Elected a political strong man did you?

We don't need a bully, we need a problem resolver who can compromise if the situation so demands but can stand up for what is right.

Look at the manner of the man you elected!

If you don't, then the next tiny step is a mental breakdown.

No, the next step is to remove the non-solutions and those who hold to them.

Now please, explain why Illegal immigration is the way to go.

As you have just outlined, the ones you accuse of wanting illegal immigration, don't.

Why would you ask such an obviously vapid question?

edit on 2/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join