It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Amen.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

First off - end the war on drugs. Specifically, decriminalize Marijuana.
I think this would reduced violence in CA, save the US billions, make the US drug market less appealing, and shrink government control.

All drugs..never going to happen...maybe pot.

More modernized and intelligent surveillance of the border.
I personally think more dogs, radar, ground sensors, and drones, but I am not even opposed to intelligent fences necessarily. Equipment that provides tracking data we can use as intelligence.

This is all part along with the wall... need some physical barrier first don't you think. We need that stop here effect and not just have open borders and then try to stop them inland... You think the wall is expensive? We spend well over 100 billion per YEAR in trying to control them. If the wall deterred a fraction of them it would pay for itself in a year.

Restructure the Visa system.
Stricter punishments for those who overstay. More follow up on those with expiring Visas. Allow work visas to be easier, but track them better.

Restructure immigration application process.
The paperwork and turn around time in obscene. Make the system more welcoming and user friendly. Still vet people, but don't force people into thinking their only option is the dessert in the middle of the night. The will help the "good ones" get through. It will also make it harder for drugs and human trafficking victims to slip through the cracks.

We need a work visa program while applying heavy fines to companies that use illegals over work visas.

edit on 2-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The media certainly blows it out of proportion. On the other hand, from my own experience it does appear to be an actual problem in the real world, at least in some areas.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those women made me ashamed to be a woman.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Blame Trump all anyone wants doesn't change the fact that congress is full of #ty people.

agreed

not just congress

the entire government

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Just like Obamacare. Republicans were all about repealing it until push came to shove. The truth is both issues were just something to posture about and keep people riled up over as long as there was no chance of them happening. Sad.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

so, screw it all and build a wall?

lol the republicans have owned everything the last two years.. too bad they didn't get something done besides seperating kids.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: ClovenSky

The wall is simply symbolic. But maybe it is the first hurdle we need to get over before we take this matter seriously.

spend gazillions on something you think is only symbolic?

huh?

The Wall is symbolic for Border Security as a whole.

pretty expensive symbol

so it is more important to have a giant expensive symbol even if it does not work?

how about getting # done that is actually going to work and secure the border?

i mean wouldnt a secure border be a pretty good symbol for a secure border?

and the entire point of all this is......rather than them trying to get # done, they say "no deal". Trump is asking for a deal. You are against him for wanting what you want. All because he's Trump. See it yet?

trump is to blame
we have been through this

he took the blame on himself

wall is not and should not be the only option

LOL, you are right there......like two steps, max.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I used to live just south of portland and would go there often. Still never saw an antifa person in his natural environment.

Look for the man buns and floppy hats in the men and women dressed like men for the women.

I'll give you that those are super trendy, millenial or Gen X hipster lefties, but...not antifa. LOL

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: dug88

The root cause isn't our problem, however. It is the Citizens of those nations, who are responsible for forming and operating a functional government.

No the conditions in those countries aren't America's problem(though....arguably in many cases america is directly responsible for the conditions in those countries....) but your own government continuing to turn a blind eye on companies that facilitate this, that provide services to these people while neglecting their own citizens, that continue to allow these people to stay after being caught so them and their corporate buddies can save some money at the expense of the american people is your problem.
edit on 2/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I used to live just south of portland and would go there often. Still never saw an antifa person in his natural environment.

Look for the man buns and floppy hats in the men and women dressed like men for the women.

do they scare you? lol

sounds like jealousy to me..

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: network dude

I'm not superior to you or anyone else.

I am pointing out that when you spend all day everyday on a site screaming at nothing, that is infact what appears to 'regular folk' as ' unhinged '.

It doesn't matter what politics is coming out of the megaphone. it's the BEHAVIOR.

You are the one claiming superiority over many people by blanket calling a large portion of the population unhinged, when in fact most are normal family folk and hard working . You have tricked a narrative into your brain about "the other side" that simply doesn't exist.

You are shouting at a mirror.
The wall is irrelevant.
Trump and Hillary are irrelevant.

To be honest I wish could take some of you out for a pint and a hug, then maybe give a hot coffee to a homeless person, anything to give you perspective or get you away from this extreme excessive obsession for minute.

Now run along and stop calling strangers unhinged, it's uncouth and I'm sure your parents raised y'all better .

Not just completly true, also educational and will provide a great grounding for most people, I honestly do not think anyone could have wrote something better and accurate, you may disagree with zazzafrazz as you could assume its from only one side of the political spectrum but it really does apply to all sides.

Name the pub my friend

Not sure if you based in US or UK but in the UK we are in need of a leader, fancy a run at it?

Augustus Masonicus voted for me in the last election 2016. A few people lost their collective minds as a result.They are still in a mental facility dribbling about the migrant from OZ that morphed into Hillary whilst wearing a Super Hero Pant Suit.
I did not win. I will not run again as I am apparently busy taking walks in the woods, whilst changing my gender and simultaneously screaming at a good christian Gas station clerk, trying to rip of his MAGA hat whilst Firing all the natural borns from my business and replacing them with Criminal deviant migrants like me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
just cuz it's so damn funny.

trump today - "I called those OPEC guys and told them to let the gas or oil flow"

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

do they scare you? lol

sounds like jealousy to me..

Not really, if I ever got in a fight with one I would grab the man bun... Now that you mention it the women are kind of scary though...

edit on 2-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Anyone that spends their days continuously pointing out the faults of those with polar opposite social values (yet incredibly similar behavioral patterns) is an extremist and unhinged.

Anyone who sits back judging while not actually participating in the material is extremely insecure with a desperate need to feel superior as if you are too good to participate in the commoners politics, but you WILL drop in just to assert your superior ultra enlightened presence.

Getting your hands dirty requires work, and some just dont have the stomach to do the right thing and pick a side that aligns most with your beliefs because that requires commitment, and some people want to pretend they can just "be everybody's friend" (in reality it's an attempt to "be everybodys superior") and see themselves as "the level headed mediator" or "the sane one".

But to me you just appear to lack courage and conviction.

Loved your phraseology there, btw, "spends their days", "unhinged", "extremist"... like we are obsessed, havent barely eaten or showered for days, and literally shout obscenities at the screen and throw things when we argue here...

Again, the lower you can peg us, the more superior you get to feel in comparison. If you need some kind of a boost, I'm sure plenty of us would give it to you willingly.

You are So smart, Zazz, you have So many friends here, and your accomplishments are admirable in my personal opinion. I wish I had a friend, mom, sister, girlfriend, neighbor, boss, coworker, mother in law, etc, like you. Yeah, I'm being honest. Those things I said are not so hard to believe are they?

Will you throw your weight one way or the other and make a committment right here right now on the border issue? Us bored extremists are curious if you support abolishing ICE, or doing away with borders, or catch and release?

Although I am wondering if you know what an extremist is. It doesnt really have to do with spending time pointing out retardedly obvious faults. That's just something any normal human might do.

When we see something so retarded that it stretches credulity, we tend to share that with one another, like when we see people who change their principles and their beliefs every week, based on what Trump does or doesnt say/do.

One day border security is a top priority, next day, abolish ICE and eliminate borders, JUST because that would piss off Trump and supporters. They are putting their personal vendetta over their own country's interests. Pointing out these insane things that are happening all over does Not make me an extremist or unhinged. You are wrong. I love you, but you are wrong.

Just because I have merely picked a side, and finally stopped being a fence sitter after years of doing so, just because I have convictions, just because I want to fix the government, does not make me an extremist or unhinged.

I recognize the insanity of the policies espoused by the representatives and members of the Democratic party, and while I have abhorred the Republican Party oftentimes MORE than the Democrats in the past, Trump is clearly a different animal, he has some liberal beliefs like I do. So you could call me a Republican Until Further Notice (or RUFfiaN) or a Trump Republican. I think after his second term we just need to establish the Trump Party, or something.

You wanna talk about people who while away their days criticizing the "polar opposite" political groups? I THINK you MIGHT wanna take a look at some of the work being done by the antiTrump crowd, especially that of some of the largest media empires over the last 2 years. I would love to be able to put a number to the amount of man hours and dollars spent on the ongoing Trump Smear Campaign. I think you may actually have a case for "deranged extremists" there. But Networkdude? Come on. Hes more like a Weekend Warrior like me. I don't think he makes all that many threads Or posts.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

the migrant from OZ

Made my day. Regarding your Presidency... I'd reckon Augustus was paid to do so by Soros, and Joe Bag of Donuts made sure it happened. Hence the pics. Sorry! You should know better though, the paid moron... errr... mason is literally his name already.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: dug88

If they can’t get here in the first place, these companies wouldn’t be able to hire them, no?

Yeah in an ideal world that'd be nice. Too bad that hasn't been working has it? Oh yeah how are you going to stop people from sneaking into a country with two gigantic coast lines? Both of which are shared by the country from which you are trying to keep people from coming from.

There's endless ways to enter America apart from the southern border.

You can line the southern border with turrets and land mines but as long as there's incentive for illegal immigrants to enter and stay in America they'll find a way.

I mean people manage to cross the Korean demilitarized zone for # sake. That's like 4km of death with heavily armed fortifications on both sides.

present some numbers of how many successfully cross the DMZ and we can have a nice discussion on that.

globalnews.ca...

www.bbc.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.quora.com...

theconversation.com...

This should probably be enough references to get you started.

Cool, thanks for bringing something of substance to make your point.

Here:
50,000 a month

And I believe the numbers in your link was 1000 a year. Are you sure this is the stance you want to take here?

Yeah....there's a pretty big difference between the US/Mexico border and the Korean DMZ. I was just pointing out that even with ya know land mines, artillery, armed soldiers and large walls people manage to cross...sure maybe only 1000/year but that's still 1000 people that manage to cross one of the most dangerous places in the world. I was just pointing out that even if America turns their border into that....people will still get through. That's not to mention again...the two massive open coastlines that'll be extremely difficult to build a wall around.

Addressing the rampant hiring of illegals and removing the incentive for people to cross the border is more effective than any wall. People are willing to go through some #ed up # for a better life. If no better life awaits they won't bother. As it is right now, the available employment and services for these people are obviously better than those available in their own country. If it weren't they'd stay there.

you are correct. I don't believe anyone here has claimed that a wall/fence would stop everyone. But, do you think that a physical barrier might stop some?

And again, thanks for debating with facts and junk, and not just attacking muh feelz.

Sure it might. But as long as the root cause of the problem still exists it won't stop the problem.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

So according to that....there are around 11.2 million illegal immigrants in America...i've seen numbers higher and lower...but anyway...the exact numbers aren't important. According to the same article around 8 million of them have jobs. This means, American companies willingly employed 8 million illegal immigrants rather than citizens or legal immigrants. That's 8 million people who would likely not be able to remain in America without those jobs and 8 million jobs willingly given to illegal immigrants by American employers.

The other 3 million or more or less or whatever the number are likely supported by the people working those jobs, government services being provided to them or crime.

Heavily punish employers that hire illegal immigrants, deport those illegal workers, stop providing welfare and other services to them and I imagine the numbers would begin to drop heavily.

This won't happen though. Both Republican and Democratic politicians own shares in or own businesses that profit by hiring illegals. Corporate lobbyists push to keep any kind of laws that would enforce punishments on companies that hire illegals and instead they spin fantasies of a wall for the voter base to keep Republican voters happy and to give Democratic voters something to argue and be mad about.

I've been saying this forever and shhhhh we don't talk about it, mums the word. I've talked and written to INS/ICE, local and state representatives and senators about the hiring of illegals in my trade and possible resolutions. I never got one single logical answer to a resolution of the problem, got a bunch of "Well I don't know" and "I'm not sure" replies though. INS said they were to understaffed to do anything. I asked them "Why I was paying their salaries if they weren't going to do the job they were hired to do?", yep, silence on the other end.

They don't want to talk about the real solutions to the problem. I eventually closed my business due to the flood of illegals in my town and the fact I couldn't run a legal and profitable business anymore. It's a very real problem to some small business owners that don't want to practice illegal immigrant hiring but yet can't compete if they don't.

Although I think the wall is needed for other issues besides illegals taking jobs, I'm all for HEAVY fines for employers that employ illegals.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: riiver

lol the republicans have owned everything the last two years.. too bad they didn't get something done besides seperating kids.

You mean something besides trying to enforce our immigration laws? Gotcha

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

that idea seems to have bi-partisan support, but doesn't go anywhere, much like term limits. Funny that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

that idea seems to have bi-partisan support, but doesn't go anywhere, much like term limits. Funny that.

That's because it doesn't have a pay raise attached to it.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join