It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
a reply to: network dude

Illegal immigration is not that way to go, but I don't think a wall is either. There is middle ground. I'm not even against $5 billion in the budget FOR the border security. This wall in just a toddler talking point to me though. I don't think it is in our best interest. And please don't drag me down with this "The wall is a metaphor" bull#.

Can you be more specific about what the middle ground actually is? That's a serious question; I keep hearing people say they're against "the wall," whatever form it may eventually take, that it's not the answer and there are better options. But no one ever actually lays out any alternatives. What do you see as a better answer?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: ClovenSky

The wall is simply symbolic. But maybe it is the first hurdle we need to get over before we take this matter seriously.

spend gazillions on something you think is only symbolic?

huh?

The Wall is symbolic for Border Security as a whole.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

They will tell you drones, or sensors or some other crap like that. Those would be important tools to use, along with a physical barrier.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

You said the left was "unhinged" over the wall, which has, very little to do with why, the left are not pro trump. I replied with just a couple of reasons, we may seem "unhinged" to you, and it is not the wall.

In your OP, you said Democrats were for the wall in the past, and voted for it. I then said "I don't see one, do you?"

Yes, and I showed you the 700 miles Obama finished in his tenure. The Secure Fence act that had large bi-partisan support.

Thanks for helping me make my point.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
One research institute estimates the total Canadian illegal immigrants at 100,000, while a recent American government report said nearly that many Canadians outstayed their legal welcome — and failed to leave – in one year alone.

Link
< br />
Yeah, but for the most part, Canada is sending its best and whitest.

LOL, shame the US into letting free flow from the Mexican border because they are largely brown. The race card. I didn't see that one coming. Well played sir.

Police should stop arresting brown ppl too. They are racist. even if the brown folks are doing bad things, because....brown.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm not superior to you or anyone else.

I am pointing out that when you spend all day everyday on a site screaming at nothing, that is infact what appears to 'regular folk' as ' unhinged '.

It doesn't matter what politics is coming out of the megaphone. it's the BEHAVIOR.

You are the one claiming superiority over many people by blanket calling a large portion of the population unhinged, when in fact most are normal family folk and hard working . You have tricked a narrative into your brain about "the other side" that simply doesn't exist.

You are shouting at a mirror.
The wall is irrelevant.
Trump and Hillary are irrelevant.

To be honest I wish could take some of you out for a pint and a hug, then maybe give a hot coffee to a homeless person, anything to give you perspective or get you away from this extreme excessive obsession for minute.

Now run along and stop calling strangers unhinged, it's uncouth and I'm sure your parents raised y'all better .

Not just completly true, also educational and will provide a great grounding for most people, I honestly do not think anyone could have wrote something better and accurate, you may disagree with zazzafrazz as you could assume its from only one side of the political spectrum but it really does apply to all sides.

Name the pub my friend

Not sure if you based in US or UK but in the UK we are in need of a leader, fancy a run at it?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: dug88

If they can’t get here in the first place, these companies wouldn’t be able to hire them, no?

Yeah in an ideal world that'd be nice. Too bad that hasn't been working has it? Oh yeah how are you going to stop people from sneaking into a country with two gigantic coast lines? Both of which are shared by the country from which you are trying to keep people from coming from.

There's endless ways to enter America apart from the southern border.

You can line the southern border with turrets and land mines but as long as there's incentive for illegal immigrants to enter and stay in America they'll find a way.

I mean people manage to cross the Korean demilitarized zone for # sake. That's like 4km of death with heavily armed fortifications on both sides.

present some numbers of how many successfully cross the DMZ and we can have a nice discussion on that.

globalnews.ca...

www.bbc.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.quora.com...

theconversation.com...

This should probably be enough references to get you started.

Cool, thanks for bringing something of substance to make your point.

Here:
50,000 a month

And I believe the numbers in your link was 1000 a year. Are you sure this is the stance you want to take here?

Yeah....there's a pretty big difference between the US/Mexico border and the Korean DMZ. I was just pointing out that even with ya know land mines, artillery, armed soldiers and large walls people manage to cross...sure maybe only 1000/year but that's still 1000 people that manage to cross one of the most dangerous places in the world. I was just pointing out that even if America turns their border into that....people will still get through. That's not to mention again...the two massive open coastlines that'll be extremely difficult to build a wall around.

Addressing the rampant hiring of illegals and removing the incentive for people to cross the border is more effective than any wall. People are willing to go through some #ed up # for a better life. If no better life awaits they won't bother. As it is right now, the available employment and services for these people are obviously better than those available in their own country. If it weren't they'd stay there.
edit on 2/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Also, the UK is really a different situation in other ways, and traveling between England, Wales, and Scotland is a lot more like Americans traveling between the separate states than us traveling to Canada or Mexico. It is, after all, a united kingdom; three countries, none of which is completely autonomous, united under one rule. Correct?

If I've got this wrong please (politely) correct me, but as I understand it Scotland and Wales have their own governments but these governments are limited in what they can do, much as our states each have a congress and a governor but are limited in what they can do, and all are subservient to the UK parliament and prime minister just as our state governments are subservient to the US congress and president. And then the whole of that has to answer to the EU parliament. Have I got that right?

So, unless I really misunderstand how the UK works (and I very well may; again, please correct me if I've got it wrong!), then we're talking about something much more akin to free travel among the states here in the US than free travel among the countries of North America.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

He isn't a citizen of the United States, he's in the process of becoming one.

The rest if that drivel you wrote? Who knows? Lay off the drugs or ask the doctor for better ones.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If they can’t get here in the first place, these companies wouldn’t be able to hire them, no?

Yeah in an ideal world that'd be nice. Too bad that hasn't been working has it? Oh yeah how are you going to stop people from sneaking into a country with two gigantic coast lines? Both of which are shared by the country from which you are trying to keep people from coming from.

You can line the southern border with turrets and land mines but as long as there's incentive for illegal immigrants to enter and stay in America they'll find a way.

I mean people manage to cross the Korean demilitarized zone for # sake. That's like 4km of death with heavily armed fortifications on both sides.

present some numbers of how many successfully cross the DMZ and we can have a nice discussion on that.

globalnews.ca...

www.bbc.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.quora.com...

theconversation.com...

Here:
50,000 a month

And I believe the numbers in your link was 1000 a year. Are you sure this is the stance you want to take here?

Yeah....there's a pretty big difference between the US/Mexico border and the Korean DMZ. I was just pointing out that even with ya know land mines, artillery, armed soldiers and large walls people manage to cross...sure maybe only 1000/year but that's still 1000 people that manage to cross one of the most dangerous places in the world. I was just pointing out that even if America turns their border into that....people will still get through. That's not to mention again...the two massive open coastlines that'll be extremely difficult to build a wall around.

Addressing the rampant hiring of illegals and removing the incentive for people to cross the border is more effective than any wall. People are willing to go through some #ed up # for a better life. If no better life awaits they won't bother. As it is right now, the available employment and services for these people are obviously better than those available in their own country. If it weren't they'd stay there.

you are correct. I don't believe anyone here has claimed that a wall/fence would stop everyone. But, do you think that a physical barrier might stop some?

And again, thanks for debating with facts and junk, and not just attacking muh feelz.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I don't think anyone truly has a problem with border security (despite the Right's fearmongering of "open borders.") I just think those opposed to the Wall see it as a meaningless and expensive gesture.

There's two very easy moves the government could make that would make the border safer while bringing in more revenue for the country.

First: If we actually started going after companies that employ illegals the US would see a small bump in their coffers from the fines. At the same time if it became unfeasible for these companies to employ illegals it would remove one of the biggest incentives for people to come here illegally. It would also force these companies to hire American workers leading to more people paying taxes.

Second: Legalize weed. Granted this isn't the cartels' biggest moneymaker in the US but it still makes up a significant chunk of their income. If we make that legal on the federal level then you're going to see fewer drug mules crossing the border. Not to mention, once again, a decent influx of money through taxes.

With some of the extra money from these new revenue streams you can then provide border patrol with more bodies and better equipment. Things that will be more effective and less costly than a wall.

That's at least the way I see the situation and oppose the Wall.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

globalnews.ca...

www.bbc.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.quora.com...

theconversation.com...

Here:
50,000 a month

We should do both... secure the border AND remove any incentives for even trying to come here. However, even if we do all that we will never achieve zero illegal immigration. Saying that some people will still come across the border is not an argument or a logical response. No one has claimed that the wall would stop 100% of illegal border crossings. However, we know that a wall will stop the majority which is all we can ask for...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The wall is simply symbolic. But maybe it is the first hurdle we need to get over before we take this matter seriously.

huh?

pretty expensive symbol

so it is more important to have a giant expensive symbol even if it does not work?

how about getting # done that is actually going to work and secure the border?

i mean wouldnt a secure border be a pretty good symbol for a secure border?

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Nope, I'm against eejits like you that lose their proverbial # with everything Trump related.

I'm not keen on cults. I'll happily point out why you lot are a cult though. Plus for over 2 years I've seen nothing but circle jerks over someone I wouldn't have gave the time of day 5 years ago never mind now that he's a leader of a nation.

Ya'll are pathetic, it's a good waste of time pointing that out.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I don't think anyone truly has a problem with border security (despite the Right's fearmongering of "open borders.") I just think those opposed to the Wall see it as a meaningless and expensive gesture.

There's two very easy moves the government could make that would make the border safer while bringing in more revenue for the country.

First: If we actually started going after companies that employ illegals the US would see a small bump in their coffers from the fines. At the same time if it became unfeasible for these companies to employ illegals it would remove one of the biggest incentives for people to come here illegally. It would also force these companies to hire American workers leading to more people paying taxes.

Second: Legalize weed. Granted this isn't the cartels' biggest moneymaker in the US but it still makes up a significant chunk of their income. If we make that legal on the federal level then you're going to see fewer drug mules crossing the border. Not to mention, once again, a decent influx of money through taxes.

With some of the extra money from these new revenue streams you can then provide border patrol with more bodies and better equipment. Things that will be more effective and less costly than a wall.

I do agree that the feds need to start going after companies and their contractors who hire illegals. They need to have some exorbitant fines that would make anyone think twice about hiring illegals. Fines that would put you out of business. They also need systems in place to vet if someone is in the country illegally.

What is crazy is that we already have this system, the powers that be just don't want to use it. I work in mortgage business. We can vet if someone is here legally and do so on every mortgage. We run checks on socials, etc. This is to prevent fraud. There is no reason this is not done now when it comes to hiring except that businesses and politicians don't want to do it.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

what you are doing now is called "discussion", and with enough of it on both sides, we find what we also call "compromise". If the left in congress was to try that, or if they had tried that previously, we wouldn't have a shut down, or drama, or much of anything. Because there ins't any discussion, we have what I like to call "manufactured drama". this is what Trump is asking for at 3:12pm EST on January 2, 2019. Here is to hoping that they take tips from you.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

huh?

pretty expensive symbol

so it is more important to have a giant expensive symbol even if it does not work?

how about getting # done that is actually going to work and secure the border?

i mean wouldnt a secure border be a pretty good symbol for a secure border?

and the entire point of all this is......rather than them trying to get # done, they say "no deal". Trump is asking for a deal. You are against him for wanting what you want. All because he's Trump. See it yet?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you rmemember what Trump said he’d do if Mexico didn’t pay for the wall? If not, it just shows how misinformed some have become, because i’ve Heard this same line a million times.

What DID he say? (Serious question, not trolling; I was completely tuned out of politics during the biggest part of the '16 campaign, and I've never heard that brought up in any of the wall discussions.)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
One research institute estimates the total Canadian illegal immigrants at 100,000, while a recent American government report said nearly that many Canadians outstayed their legal welcome — and failed to leave – in one year alone.

Link
< br />
Yeah, but for the most part, Canada is sending its best and whitest.

LOL, shame the US into letting free flow from the Mexican border because they are largely brown. The race card. I didn't see that one coming. Well played sir.

Police should stop arresting brown ppl too. They are racist. even if the brown folks are doing bad things, because....brown.

I dunno man, how many dangerous migrant caravans have been assailing the US from Canada recently? Perhaps we should point our eyes north to the real threat!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Here's what I don't understand, and please don't flame me because this is an honest question. So many people advocate for letting people in willy-nilly just because they're poor, because of gangs in their home countries, etc. Every thread has dozens of posts like that. But what about our own poor? Our own people living in fear of gangs on a daily basis, etc. Shouldn't we be looking to address these issues on our own soil, for the people who are already here and already US citizens before we open our doors to the rest of the world's problems? I don't get it.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join