It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
a reply to: dug88

If they can’t get here in the first place, these companies wouldn’t be able to hire them, no?

Yeah in an ideal world that'd be nice. Too bad that hasn't been working has it? Oh yeah how are you going to stop people from sneaking into a country with two gigantic coast lines? Both of which are shared by the country from which you are trying to keep people from coming from.

There's endless ways to enter America apart from the southern border.

You can line the southern border with turrets and land mines but as long as there's incentive for illegal immigrants to enter and stay in America they'll find a way.

I mean people manage to cross the Korean demilitarized zone for # sake. That's like 4km of death with heavily armed fortifications on both sides.

present some numbers of how many successfully cross the DMZ and we can have a nice discussion on that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: network dude

you thinking locking your doors is going to stop someone from getting in if they really want to? really?

No, I don't. But it will stop a good portion of the ones that aren't as determined. Hell, it might make them think about finding a way to enter the legal way.

Is that much straw itchy?

ETA: and of course I have to ask, why do you lock your door? You know if someone really wanted in, they would get in.
edit on 2-1-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No, but it is much safer than living with the door wide open and all the lights on, with a sign out front that says "Free Stuff, come on in."

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

you're the one who brought up locking your doors, sweetness. lol

pretty sure those pushing drugs are VERY determined. lets spend a zillion dollars - so # stupid.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

you thinking locking your doors is going to stop someone from getting in if they really want to? really?

Well I lock my doors, then I have an alarm, then I have guns, and a Dog, and cops, and neighbors with guns... At the end of the day it keeps out the 99.9%, so I'll live with the chance the .001% wants in that badly. As to the wall, if it kept out 50% we would see 10s of billions per year savings....

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I know you won't believe me but we don't. I grew up in a huge family and we never locked our door.. I still don't. lol

I do have a pit bull, tho. he's old and cranky and prefers being under a blanket.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

LOL, you are correct, I don't.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

present some numbers of how many successfully cross the DMZ and we can have a nice discussion on that.

About 1 per year at best, many times none...I can live with those numbers...
edit on 2-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

instead of a wall, i'd rather see the southern border lined with solar panels or wind turbines. we could build roads and maintenance buildings and offices all along the border. we'd have 24 hour surveillance and a boost to our electricity supply. it would create jobs. not just boarder patrol but electricians, welders, machinists, office personnel, building maintenance, road maintenance, technicians would be hired to maintain the equipment.

most of the money to support the effort could come from the sale of electricity.

just my 2 pesos

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

instead of a wall, i'd rather see the southern border lined with solar panels or wind turbines. we could build roads and maintenance buildings and offices all along the border. we'd have 24 hour surveillance and a boost to our electricity supply. it would create jobs. not just boarder patrol but electricians, welders, machinists, office personnel, building maintenance, road maintenance, technicians would be hired to maintain the equipment.

most of the money to support the effort could come from the sale of electricity.

just my 2 pesos

That would be my wish as well, But we need a symbol to show white dominance.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well I lock my doors, then I have an alarm, then I have guns, and a Dog, and cops, and neighbors with guns... At the end of the day it keeps out the 99.9%, so I'll live with the chance the .001% wants in that badly. As to the wall, if it kept out 50% we would see 10s of billions per year savings....

The mindset of some of these people is that if we can't knock it down to zero, then it isn't worth the effort. Of course, this type of thinking is nonsense. We have hundred of thousands coming across annually. If we can reduce it even by half it would make a wall worth it in cost savings alone.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well, prisons shouldn't have walls since they aren't effective.

Just use drones.

amirite?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

just my 2 pesos

I don't hate that idea at all. It has merit. But amazingly, it's not the same as, "do nothing". because that hasn't been working.

You should send Trump an e-mail with your proposal. Serious.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If they can’t get here in the first place, these companies wouldn’t be able to hire them, no?

Yeah in an ideal world that'd be nice. Too bad that hasn't been working has it? Oh yeah how are you going to stop people from sneaking into a country with two gigantic coast lines? Both of which are shared by the country from which you are trying to keep people from coming from.

You can line the southern border with turrets and land mines but as long as there's incentive for illegal immigrants to enter and stay in America they'll find a way.

I mean people manage to cross the Korean demilitarized zone for # sake. That's like 4km of death with heavily armed fortifications on both sides.

globalnews.ca...

www.bbc.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.quora.com...

theconversation.com...

This should probably be enough references to get you started.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

just my 2 pesos

wait, so the wall is racist?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

globalnews.ca...

www.bbc.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.quora.com...

theconversation.com...

This should probably be enough references to get you started.

Cool, thanks for bringing something of substance to make your point.

Here:
50,000 a month

And I believe the numbers in your link was 1000 a year. Are you sure this is the stance you want to take here?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trump is discussing the wall right now on the networks.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Fences make good neighbors

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

the only issue I could see with that is how long till folks across the border realize the sheer amount of precious metals that could be looted with some coordinated distractions.

Other than that I love the idea.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

just my 2 pesos

wait, so the wall is racist?

I firmly believe that if it were white people illegals...It would be "come on in, how can we help"

edit on 2-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join