It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why your lefties seem unhinged

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Border security. You can say wall if it makes you feel happy, but it's border security. it's what the people who work on the border say they need to be able to do their jobs.

This is the entire thing. We (those who aren't for open borders) are in favor of LEGAL immigration, but against ILLEGAL immigration. We would like for the borders of our country to be better protected, and thereby better control the flow of new people coming into this country. If we knew we could control the numbers, we could plan things better, have better care for the sick ones, and do a better job making sure the few bad ones don't get in.

Before we go any farther, what's wrong with that? I know I'll get crickets on that one, and I'll hear more deflection about what Trump did to make you angry, or at least what CNN told you he did. But on that topic, yea, the alternative is open borders. Something that no country on the planet Earth has.

It's been shown that previous administrations who are said to be superior and great, also wanted border security to be at the forefront of our agenda. And it was applauded by the masses. But since Trump wants it, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And the worst part, you can't even explain with any realistic ability what you think the fix might be, or that there is a problem. Just that whatever Trump wants, is bad. So at this point, you need to embrace your TDS. You MUST recognize it and wear it proudly. If you don't, then the next tiny step is a mental breakdown. Now please, explain why Illegal immigration is the way to go.
edit on 2-1-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Illegal immigration is not that way to go, but I don't think a wall is either. There is middle ground. I'm not even against $5 billion in the budget FOR the border security. This wall in just a toddler talking point to me though. I don't think it is in our best interest. And please don't drag me down with this "The wall is a metaphor" bull#.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Border security. ..
I reply because this is a topic worldwide

If we knew we could control the numbers
down to.. zero?

, we could plan things better
Like those immigration camps in Germany? Complete waste of money, they are simultanously (!) too small and too large

, have better care for the sick ones,
With free healthcare? Like you care!

and do a better job making sure the few bad ones don't get in...
That one makes me wonder how that should work.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Like the cluster that is the EU, many wanted a NAU. (North American Union)

They still do.

Globalists suck.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

Illegal immigration is not that way to go, but I don't think a wall is either. There is middle ground. I'm not even against $5 billion in the budget FOR the border security. This wall in just a toddler talking point to me though. I don't think it is in our best interest. And please don't drag me down with this "The wall is a metaphor" bull#.

I'm curious, do you understand what Trump is asking for? Are you under the impression it's a thousand mile cement wall?

+42 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Anyone that spends their days continuously pointing out the faults of those with polar opposite social values (yet incredibly similar behavioral patterns) is an extremist and unhinged.

edit on 2-1-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am on the left.

Guess what I am against illegal immigration, just about everyone is, you're not going to find many who say "ohhh yeah illegal immigration, go for it!"

This is turning into the biggest Strawman of recent times, claiming that the left support illegal immigration when nothing could be further from the truth. The issue is not if illegal immigration is right or wrong but simply how best to tackle the situation. The wall was always a bit of a daft idea in the first place, and it was a wall not the metaphorical mess its turned into now he's realised he can't built a literal wall at the boarder but nobody is really advocating open boarders.

Now what really gets me when it comes to Trump supporters over this is that Trump has essentially shutdown the government so he can break a campaign promise. His line all along was that Mexico is going to pay for the boarder wall (his promise was a literal wall), so why then is he shutting down government to get $5 Billion for said wall....?

edit on 2-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

If you look super closely, we have these things called Border Control Interior Checkpoints.. They are places where you can legally cross into the United States and conversely, Mexico. We (again, those who aren't nuts) would prefer that those entering our nation, do so through those already provided areas. Sneaking over under the cover of darkness, and killing cops, is frowned upon.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am on the left.

Guess what I am against illegal immigration, just about everyone is, you're not going to find many who say "ohhh yeah illegal immigration, go for it!"

This is turning into the biggest Strawman of recent times, claiming that the left support illegal immigration when nothing could be further from the truth. The issue is not if illegal immigration is right or wrong but simply how best to tackle the situation. The wall was always a bit of a daft idea in the first place. Nobody is really advocating open boarders.

Now what really gets me when it comes to Trump supporters over this is that Trump has essentially shutdown the government so he can break a campaign promise. His line all along was that Mexico is going to pay for the boarder wall (his promise was a literal wall), so why then is he shutting down government to get $5 Billion for said wall....?

Again, the "wall", isn't a thousand miles of concrete barrier. It's some "wall", some fence, and more security and technology. I think before you tell me what won't work, you should at the very least, understand what it is you think wont' work.

fortune.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Anyone that spends their days continuously pointing out the faults of those with polar opposite social values (yet incredibly similar behavioral patterns) is an extremist and unhinged.

I'm glad you agree.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So true. The only people in a civilized country that want open borders are those crazy radicals you see on tv rioting and pulling their hair out. It's unbelievable that that's what today's liberals, the entire party, have reduced themselves to.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

...But on that topic, yea, the alternative is open borders. Something that no country on the planet Earth has.

I'm not sure I understand you; one can simply walk into Wales from England, do a spot of market shopping, grab lunch and a pint, then just wonder back across the usually unmarked and always unmanned 'border' into England. It's the same between England and Scotland.

And what about free movement inside EU member states?

I'm probably missing something here, I often do, 😬

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I totally understand how the wall has morphed from being a literal wall into a metaphorical one of various security measures. The wall has transformed from a actual literal concrete wall into this mess of a shutdown so he can at least have his metaphorical wall. This is just him playing to his base of support, he is just doing this to appease his supporters who voted him on on a hardline anti-immigration ticket he has to been seen to be keeping these promises. Which when you think about it is kind of messed up because he promised that Mexico would pay for the wall...then they said no...then he realised he couldn't build an actual wall....then government shut down so he could fight to get funding to build his metaphorical wall that he promised Mexico would pay for.

I actually think part of him thought he was going to be building his own wall of Jerusalem that his supporters could flock to after he is gone and worship his presidency at its feet as they all collectively chant "MAAAAA-GAAAAA!....MAAAA-GAAAAA" while kissing photo's of big orange face (sarcasm)
edit on 2-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I'm glad you agree.

By all means carry on shouting at the mirror all day.

It appears to exhilarate most of you and provides relief to bored extremist folk.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
we know the fence doesn't work, we also know the wall wont stop 100% of crossings but could be whats needed to buy the border patrol time to reach the locations needed to stop crossings, or possibly even save people.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

...But on that topic, yea, the alternative is open borders. Something that no country on the planet Earth has.

I'm not sure I understand you; one can simply walk into Wales from England, do a spot of market shopping, grab lunch and a pint, then just wonder back across the usually unmarked and always unmanned 'border' into England. It's the same between England and Scotland.

And what about free movement inside EU member states?

I'm probably missing something here, I often do, 😬

i can take a walk to austria from my moms house in bavaria and eat a schnitzel or i drive 5 hours to italy for a expresso without showing someone my passport...(:
edit on 2-1-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He can only do so much to fulfill his promises. He's trying. If it takes tax payers to do it then I'm ok with that. It's not like he pulled all the millions of welfare and other government assistance using crowds. Most of his base is the blue collar tax paying middle class.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I don't think Trump knows what Trump is asking for at this point. It is all just about winning to him. At first, I think he was asking for more of a thousand mile cement wall, yes. I am aware of the many different prototypes and I do not think he is still campaigning for the same wall. He has no idea what he is talking about though. I can't handle 'we are building a wall and Mexico is paying for it' to the 'I'm proudly shutting down the government for safety" to "DEMOCRAT SHUT DOWN. ITS NOT EVEN A WALL GET OVER IT". Its pathetic.

The same group of people that advocate on gun rights: "Gun control doesn't matter. If they want a gun they will find a gun."
Boarder security: "We need $5billion for a wall. We don't even know what the wall is yet but that will definitely stop them!"

It makes no sense.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I'm glad you agree.

By all means carry on shouting at the mirror all day.

It appears to exhilarate most of you and provides relief to bored extremist folk.

so you feel that carrying on with the superiority complex is good, while explaining why I'm wrong for wanting border security is bad. And then you want me to fell like I did the wrong thing for posting?

I get that you are superior in many ways. I can live with that. But on a discussion board, where discussions are had, to come in and offer nothing but REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!, is disingenuous. I don't think political threads are your bag.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I don't think Trump knows what Trump is asking for at this point. It is all just about winning to him. At first, I think he was asking for more of a thousand mile cement wall, yes. I am aware of the many different prototypes and I do not think he is still campaigning for the same wall. He has no idea what he is talking about though. I can't handle 'we are building a wall and Mexico is paying for it' to the 'I'm proudly shutting down the government for safety" to "DEMOCRAT SHUT DOWN. ITS NOT EVEN A WALL GET OVER IT". Its pathetic.

The same group of people that advocate on gun rights: "Gun control doesn't matter. If they want a gun they will find a gun."
Boarder security: "We need $5billion for a wall. We don't even know what the wall is yet but that will definitely stop them!"

It makes no sense.

what makes no sense is that border security used to be a thing we all could get behind. Now, since Trump want's it, it's bad. You can ignore that aspect of it all you like, but it's still sitting there, right next to the big gorilla in the room.

Why is it wrong to want better security on our borders?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join