It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many claim it's the Rothschild's who own the banks, so how did they come to this conclusion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Pr0digalKn1ght

The Bank of England doesn't buy UK treasury debt directly. It can only buy on the secondary market which means someone else has 'lent' the Government money.

Direct financing of government debt by central bank is prohibited under ESCB rules ( of which BOE is a part of).

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

i dont think he cares tbh.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Please dont confuse ownership with control....

If you own a bank, but my leverage or force affects the dicisions you make... who really owns the bank?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

IKR...
I always thought wine myself...
Château Lafite Rothschild

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
An interesting somewhat related side story.
Years ago my hubby and I were at Watkins Glen in upstate NY about halfway up the trail to the glen we came upon an old cemetary. I love exploring old cemeteries and I know I'm not the only one. Anyway we came upon a mausoleum with the name Rothschild and a plaque on the back wall that was visible from the small window in the door had a mans name and the date April 14, 1912. I said to my husband, that's the day the Titanic sank I bet he died on the Titanic. I bet there is no body in that crypt.
This was before the internet so I could not look it up but I can now!
www.encyclopedia-titanica.org...
A man named Martin Rothschild from upstate NY and Manhattan died on the titanic. His wife Elizabeth survived.
I do not know if they are related to the banking family but its known that a lot of Titanic's passengers were wealthy New Yorkers returning from europe and this man was wealthy.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

The Bank of England doesn't buy UK treasury debt directly. It can only buy on the secondary market which means someone else has 'lent' the Government money.

Direct financing of government debt by central bank is prohibited under ESCB rules ( of which BOE is a part of).

So the Government issues bonds to the public on the secondary market which are an investment when it reaches maturity i.e. 5 year t notes, 30 year bond, etc.

Hmm, to my shame this may be correct.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ok ok ok, wait.. the interest the government pays on the bond, is that the actual maturity/investment for received by the public buying the bond? once it reaches peak maturity?

These are treasury futures.

Fecking economics.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ahhh! but wait! this *public* debt issued in the form of bonds is mostly bought by banks who perform the classic loaning money into existence! but do they charge interest on these loans? and is the interest charged via the maturity investment of the bond!???? HMM.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
So essentially the banks buy government debt issued in the form of a bond, from money created out of nothing loaned into existence, and then get payed out the maturity of the bond.

So essentially the banks do loan directly to the Government which would not follow ESCB rules so I will just shutup now till someone has an explanation.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pr0digalKn1ght
Fecking economics.

Yes. But it works. Here's two explanations - the one from the BOE is a bit convoluted.

Positive Money - how central banks create money

BOE - Money creation in a modern economy opens in PDF

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Fecking economics.

Yes. But it works. Here's two explanations - the one from the BOE is a bit convoluted.

Positive Money - how central banks create money

BOE - Money creation in a modern economy opens in PDF

Banks create and destroy money through issuing and repayment of loans but what about the Government?

Pretty sure the Government just issues it's debt to the general public in the form of a bond, they then offer interest which is the investment money you receive once the bond hits peak maturity, and that premium is the reason people invest in the bonds so through people and banks choosing to capitalise on their investments the Government can fund itself through borrowed money in the return of some interest.

However the primary purchaser of these bonds is the banks who would no doubt be issuing the Government credit created out of thin air and capitalising off the interest, as those videos demonstrate.

The banks are the primary fund of the Government, the debt is not issued by the bank however, it is issued to "the public" by the Government and then the banks buy these bonds profiting from the maturity, which is essentially no different to interest, it is no different than a private loan or a mortgage with a commercial bank.

So there you have it folks, pretty much exactly what I said in the first place only not officially how I described it because they need to make it appear that the Government debt is the public's problem and isn't just funded directly by banks, they even made a silly law against that to make it appear like banks don't have the absolute monopoly and pretty much 99% alone fund the Gov.

Without the banks the Government could not issue such large bonds, no one would have the capital to buy them, the banks rule the Government because the Government is a slave to the banks funding. The illusion is that anyone can buy one of these bond futures contracts, in fact I've traded one myself on margin, but in no way would anyone except the banks have enough money to fund the public issued debt.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So there you have it folks, pretty much exactly what I said in the first place only not officially how I described it because they need to make it appear that the Government debt is the public's problem and isn't just funded directly by banks, they even made a silly law against that to make it appear like banks don't have the absolute monopoly and pretty much 99% alone fund the Gov.

No, not really. Back to basics.

Governments in the developed world get money in three ways. The UK is no different.

1. Through taxation.

2. Borrow money by asking for the cash and issuing bonds to those who give it to it. A bond is a "promise to repay" with interest. Poorly run counties (with a crap credit rating) have higher interest on borrowing due to the risk and therefore borrowing is more expensive. Bonds care held by investors, which could be foreign, or native. In the UK we have bonds, gilts and treasury bills as the mechanism for the Government to borrow money. Furthermore, as the UK has never defaulted on a debt it is seen as a good investment, so if the Government wants to borrow a few billion there are investors willing to give.

3. They can print the money.

Governments control their debt and borrowing through inflation, economic growth and currency value e.g devaluing the currency. The UK debt is managed through the UK Debt Management Office
edit on 5/1/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"3. They can print the money."
but this is how the money collected by "1.Through taxation"
and
"2. Borrow money by asking for the cash"
so do we need to be looking at the use of money that is not specie
en.wikipedia.org...
because thats what the fiat money
en.wikipedia.org...
is based off (through fractional reserve en.wikipedia.org...
but then we have decoupled from the gold standard (?) and are running 'it' through the petro dollar?
just to get our ducks in a row, i suppose
when did this begin to happen in europe?
and is it something that is provably has a control function?
because now we live in a artificial system, parallel to the natural system that stripmines the resources of the natural system to feed the artificial system, which might sound a bit off track but its important to look at how this affects human ecology.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

It seems you don’t know yourself and you broke your golden rule.
So where’s your research, It certainly appears to me your a little on the lazy side today

Nothing lazy about asking a question. Its a pertinent question too..

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

oh my

a central tennant of this thread - and others = the claim :

rothschilds OWN all the cerntral banks [ except 3 ]

now the claim has mutated to :

rothschilds CONTROL all the cerntral banks [ except 3 ]

now - got evidence for that

i never accused you of making the claim

and as i dont claim it - i have no obligation to support it

as i am bright enough to know that the burden of evidence is on the person making the claim

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A goldsmith named Amshall Moses Bower opened a counting house in Frankfurt Germany
He placed a Roman eagle on a red shield over the door prompting people to call his shop the Red Shield Firm pronounced in German as ....Rotes Schild "Rothschild".

His son later changed his name to Rothschild when he inherited the business.
Loaning money to individuals was all well and good but he soon found out it was more profitable loaning money to governments and Kings.
He set his sights on the world by training his five sons in the art of money creation, and sent them out to create and dominate the central banking systems.The Rothschild empire
Fallow the money trail....they don't own all the Banks.
edit on 5-1-2019 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join