It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object materialised during a discussion about my deceased wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
A couple of days after Christmas, I was having a chat with my son about his deceased mum. He was cooking a meal for us and complained about a missing clove of garlic he had peeled ready to chop. I lightheartedly said it could be his mum messing around to let him know that she was still here on some level and explained that she liked to mess around like that. We had been to visit her grave earlier that day.

I myself was tasked with the mash potatoes and had been looking for the potato masher. So now with two things missing, my son joined in the search for the masher. We went through all of the places it could have been but couldn't find it anywhere. We eventually carried on cooking and I had my back to the utensil holder and my son was facing the hob (utensil holder to his left beside the hob).

As I stepped back from the hob and brought the utensil holder back into my peripheral vision, I immediately spotted the potato masher sticking out of the holder. Taken aback, I said something to my son and he jumped in surprise when he saw it. We both knew that there was absolutely no way that it was there before. It had been placed so that it was at the front of the holder with just the bottom of the masher placed in.

I don't ever recall anything like this happening before - even though other relatives of my wife had recounted stories about broken white goods mysteriously being fixed and feathers appearing seemingly out of nowhere. The closest I came to something supernatural was after a visit to a psychic medium, when the radio had switched to a Christian station, which I didn't know even existed. The medium told me that my wife would communicate with me through the radio.

I know my son wants to believe it was his mum but doesn't quite trust that it wasn't me.

I know this isn't that far out there in comparison to other's stories on this board but it's the most significant paranormal thing that's happened to me and I'd like some help in understanding it and am considering going back to a medium to see if there's a message there for me. Another important point to note is that my aunt was at the time in a coma and passed a couple of days later and it occurred to me that maybe it was her and not my late wife.

In terms of reality, I can't imagine that the thing was moving through the air right next to us, so how does something like this actually work?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Suspended

Sometimes It's called domestic blindness and it happens to the best of us.

However since you and your son experienced it also, that raises questions. And your late wife must've been cheeky as you tell your story you seem as a man not frightened and unlike other stories some folk who have had 'encounters' feel a sense of love and familiarity.

Maybe if you say Hello you might get a response.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I believe you. This stuff is real. I have had many experiences throughout my life and never really know why. I think you should take comfort in it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Sometimes It's called domestic blindness and it happens to the best of us.

However since you and your son experienced it also, that raises questions. And your late wife must've been cheeky as you tell your story you seem as a man not frightened and unlike other stories some folk who have had 'encounters' feel a sense of love and familiarity.

Maybe if you say Hello you might get a response.

Yep, would have definitely put it down to my dopiness had my son not been there.

She was certainly cheeky and full of fun but this is the first time anything like this has happened, so I'm inclined to believe it was for my son, as I've asked her on numerous occasions to let me know that she was ok. The most I've gotten in the past was her presence in my dreams.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
I believe you. This stuff is real. I have had many experiences throughout my life and never really know why. I think you should take comfort in it.

Thanks Ellie - I have taken some comfort in it but it's left me with more questions.

I see that you've posted about your encounters previously, so will have a read through your threads.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It is not easy for them but sometime's loved one's are allowed to let there family know that they are still with them, this was really a private matter for you and your son so should not be aired but I am sure she will forgive you though it may mean that she will now not be allowed to communicate in this way again - balance and all of that.
She loves you and your son very much to still be watching over you and may now be acting as a guardian spirit to her son as well.
Just take it as a gift from God to let you know she is still there.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It is not easy for them but sometime's loved one's are allowed to let there family know that they are still with them, this was really a private matter for you and your son so should not be aired but I am sure she will forgive you though it may mean that she will now not be allowed to communicate in this way again - balance and all of that.
She loves you and your son very much to still be watching over you and may now be acting as a guardian spirit to her son as well.
Just take it as a gift from God to let you know she is still there.

Thank you Labtech and that resonates with me in a big way.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Nothing against the OP, but a comment about the deceased coming back to visit/haunt the living.

In my heart of hearts I really want to believe it does happen, but the logical side of me doesn't think it does. The reason is, of all the millions upon millions of people who have passed over the centuries one has to believe many of them passed with unfinished business, some last statement or gesture they really needed to express before they passed. If it were possible to return from the afterlife it would happen all the time. In fact, it seems it would be so frequent it would be a well documented occurrence and not something of mystery, conspiracy and blurry photos.

Again, I really want to believe it happens, because I personally have some unfinished business I'd like to express with some who have passed, but alas I've never managed to get even the remotest sign it's possible.

And, this brings up another thought on the subject...what really happens to consciousness after death? In my mind, I think the energy which is consciousness just gets dispersed into the background energy. I believe it must just lose it's individual identity and becomes part of a primordial soup, a savings account of sorts, upon which future consciousness draws as a new life is created. I realize these thoughts are at odds with many religious beliefs particularly those endorsing concepts of Heaven, Purgatory and Hell. I can accept that, but it's what my thoughts are.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think love can be an extremely strong bond between this dimension and the others.
I know how you feel OP.
We lost our dog Loki a few months back. Sometimes at night it sounds as if he’s still in his dog crate.
We really miss him. An when we hear those familiar sounds it’s very comforting.

“Love is the only thing in our existence that can travel across dimensions, and not be bound by time.”- Interstellar

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I believe your story, and it is a good one. I hope it brings you some comfort.

I had a strange coincidence happen to me last Thursday. My partner and I watch KTLA, news every weekend, and have for years. On Thurday, I thought to myself, I feel like I know the weekend, team. I don't know what it would be like, if somethigng happend to one of them. KTLA, Weekend news , is like nothing I have ever, seen. They are a team, they litterally share everything, with thier viewers, about their personal lives.

Friday, morning I woke up, turned on my Tevlevision, which is always on KTLA, Here is a picture, of Chriss Burrous with the caption "Remembering Chris Burros 1974-2018". My heart dropped. He is the lead Anchor of KTLA, news. I was very upset. I instantly, thought of what I was thinking in the afternoon on Thursday, Which was also at the same time, Chris died.

I know it was just a coincidence. I am still really upset, he was only 43. Such, a master of live television. There is a reason, KTLA weekends, rules the airwaves in LA. Chris made it happen.

edit on 2-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: add

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
we have had many things like these that happened to you happen to us.

If you are Christian you may want to not deal with fortune tellers.

12. Leviticus 19:26 puts is succinctly: “Do not practice divination or seek omens.”

Acts 16, Paul meets a fortune teller, a slave, who earned her masters a lot of money by fortune-telling (verse 16). The Bible attributes her ability to having a demonic spirit, which Paul was able to cast out of her by the name of Jesus Christ (verse 18). The Bible does not mention the tools the slave girl used to tell the future, but, whether tea leaves or dice or lots or cards of some type, the items used in that context brought honor to demonic spirits.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Some call this an ''aport''.. Where teleport means the instantaneous transportation of a person from one location to another, an ''aport'' is the instantaneous transportation of an inanimate object in the same manner.

It is my understanding that aports are rare. I have been told that they are so rare because the amount of energy required for the transition is intense.

I really do not know much more about this and cannot even say for sure it it is real. However, back in my day I did have an ongoing experience that can be interpreted in this way. If you like here is a thread I posted on the topic a few years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically the lesson I took away from that experience was ''here it is, take it for what it is worth to you and do not depend upon it happening all the time.''

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Nothing against the OP, but a comment about the deceased coming back to visit/haunt the living.

In my heart of hearts I really want to believe it does happen, but the logical side of me doesn't think it does. The reason is, of all the millions upon millions of people who have passed over the centuries one has to believe many of them passed with unfinished business, some last statement or gesture they really needed to express before they passed. If it were possible to return from the afterlife it would happen all the time. In fact, it seems it would be so frequent it would be a well documented occurrence and not something of mystery, conspiracy and blurry photos.

Again, I really want to believe it happens, because I personally have some unfinished business I'd like to express with some who have passed, but alas I've never managed to get even the remotest sign it's possible.

And, this brings up another thought on the subject...what really happens to consciousness after death? In my mind, I think the energy which is consciousness just gets dispersed into the background energy. I believe it must just lose it's individual identity and becomes part of a primordial soup, a savings account of sorts, upon which future consciousness draws as a new life is created. I realize these thoughts are at odds with many religious beliefs particularly those endorsing concepts of Heaven, Purgatory and Hell. I can accept that, but it's what my thoughts are.

I had thought pretty much the same up until now and respect your position. I had also forgotten one other thing that had happened shortly after her passing but after Labtech's post, I no longer feel comfortable sharing, as Labtech's probably right, I shouldn't have shared this - it was personal to my son and I. Maybe that's the reason more people don't come forward.

Thanks for your comments.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I believe it.
I lost both my mother and my sister recently and despite looking for and asking for signs, there just aren't any. I do believe I had a couple of signs from each of them around the time of their passing but nothing crazy.

I am not taking away from your experience. I'd say if you believe it, than it's true.

But I also believe the mind is really powerful... like one time I couldn't find my glasses and was searching frantically for them. The problem is that I am totally blind without them so I couldn't see clearly to even try to find them! I was freaking out and yelling and going on and on at my husband to help me find them so I could see, when he stopped me and said "honey, go look in the mirror". I felt my face and realized I was wearing them already, and my eye sight immediately became perfect.

Hysterical blindness.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Some call this an ''aport''.. Where teleport means the instantaneous transportation of a person from one location to another, an ''aport'' is the instantaneous transportation of an inanimate object in the same manner.

It is my understanding that aports are rare. I have been told that they are so rare because the amount of energy required for the transition is intense.

I really do not know much more about this and cannot even say for sure it it is real. However, back in my day I did have an ongoing experience that can be interpreted in this way. If you like here is a thread I posted on the topic a few years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically the lesson I took away from that experience was ''here it is, take it for what it is worth to you and do not depend upon it happening all the time.''

Very interesting read - thanks for posting the link. I'm going to read through the replies too.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
I'm not sure if I believe it.
I lost both my mother and my sister recently and despite looking for and asking for signs, there just aren't any. I do believe I had a couple of signs from each of them around the time of their passing but nothing crazy.

I am not taking away from your experience. I'd say if you believe it, than it's true.

But I also believe the mind is really powerful... like one time I couldn't find my glasses and was searching frantically for them. The problem is that I am totally blind without them so I couldn't see clearly to even try to find them! I was freaking out and yelling and going on and on at my husband to help me find them so I could see, when he stopped me and said "honey, go look in the mirror". I felt my face and realized I was wearing them already, and my eye sight immediately became perfect.

Hysterical blindness.

Maybe you're right and it was just the circumstances and grief playing a part.

Sorry for your loss - there's no pain like losing a loved one.

top topics

join