It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans seriously identify the wrong things as threats....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Sheesh, how can one party be so misinformed on the dangers of this world?

The democrats are just as bad in their own ways but let's talk about this a moment.

Identifying vaccines as a threat but not the diseases they cause as worse... Insisting global warming isn't a thing even though it's literally a fact... Relying on extreme tabloid articles and fox news to be able to call the LGBT community a threat...

immigrants commit less crime than our own people... yet building a wall is the first thing on their agenda - rather than solving issues at home?

Five billion could give something like 100 grand to every homeless veteran in the nation - God knows this would be a thousand times more worthy of a cause. Or even just provide 10k per homeless person in the USA - appropriately applied and paired with job training, etc, this type of program would actually reduce crime, boost economies, etc..

You can stick to your essential oils and reject vaccinations for your kids and insist your hard earned money be spent on pointless crap like a wall that's not going to do as much good as any other half-assed idea, but you can't force feed the rest of us that it's what's best for us.

It's just plain stupid.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
$10,000 for every homeless person!! Man you know how to throw a party!! Im sure that will go well!a reply to: deadlyhope

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

If applied correctly, would do a lot more than a worthless wall.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Your source is BS.

You're making broad generalizations about stuff with nothing to support them.

One of the graphs actually tries to correlate a decrease in crime with an increase in illegal immigrant population. When all violent crime throughout the US has decreased over the same time period used.

Your OP is also neglecting to mention the $135 Billion spent on illegal immigrants each year in prison, welfare and processing costs. We could use that money to fund the southern border and open and run many homeless shelters and incentivize job training.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Your source is BS.

You're making broad generalizations about stuff with nothing to support them.

One of the graphs actually tries to correlate a decrease in crime with an increase in illegal immigrant population. When all violent crime throughout the US has decreased over the same time period used.

Your OP is also neglecting to mention the $135 Billion spent on illegal immigrants each year in prison, welfare and processing costs. We could use that money to fund the southern border and open and run many homeless shelters and incentivize job training.

Shhhh...
Don't bring facts into a Liberal Wet Dream Rant
How dare you....

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Oh my....

Now ya done it.....
Good luck cause I won’t defend ya and I’m sure others won’t also.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

A horribly biased story.

Bad.

Real bad.

😷🤕🤧

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

A horribly biased story.

Bad.

Real bad.

😷🤕🤧

I gave you a star but only because of the irony!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

People doing what you complain about were put in charge by Obama Admin,how can that relate to Republicans,another weak liberal argument,just as always

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

where do " the republicans " - present a unified " anti-vaxx " concensus ?????????????

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

where do " the republicans " - present a unified " anti-vaxx " concensus ?????????????

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Can you list your grievances about the democrats as well, there could be room then for a conversation, otherwise there's no other direction than to be told how wrong and liberal you are.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

People doing what you complain about were put in charge by Obama Admin,how can that relate to Republicans,another weak liberal argument,just as always

But, Obama! !

Classic.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

"Identifying vaccines as a threat but not the diseases they cause as worse... Insisting global warming isn't a thing even though it's literally a fact... Relying on extreme tabloid articles and fox news to be able to call the LGBT community a threat... "

Not one conservative I know thinks climate change is a hoax.

We just use our brain and not our heart when we think about it, logic and not emotion.

See, the thing is, our climate has always been in a state of flux. We are still emerging from a mini ice age, the sun...biggest heater in our solar sustem is in flux....and quite honestly, there has been the effect of events like Krakatoa blowing a little over 100 years ago.

I do not buy the hoax that it is man made, or that we only have 100 years left, etc. These are ploys to use what is natural...and unstoppable bc it is way bigger than us....to make money off and control the masses by the elite few.

This is a brief reply...I have an OP I am finishing up in a week or so...watch for it, I will back every thing I saw with souces and facts. It will blow your mind.

edit on 2-1-2019 by theatreboy because: I wanted to use flux again

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

The flu vaccine killed my father in law. So in his case it was worse than the disease.

After that happened I refused to get my kids that vaccine. Doctors at the time called me "crazy".
Fast forward ten years from that point, I found it very very funny that now they all agree that there might be a genetic predisposition and that something can trigger the deathly illness,.. oh like the flu vaccine. It was then noted in their medical records with all seriousness.

Wouldn't you call that a "threat"?

Also, if you give 100 grand to every homeless veteran, a few would be ok, but my guess is the vast majority would end up right where they started.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You could even make the wall from the tonnes of empty booze bottles afterwards!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Far more leftists disapprove of vaccinations/ modern medicine than conservatives do. Far more leftists also use essential oils and alternative medicines.

Please learn the difference between legal and illegal immigration. Most conservatives are for legal immigration. Every immigrant who crosses our border illegally is a criminal just by crossing illegally. Drug & child trafficking is also a major problem on the border. illegal immigration costs taxpayers more than 115 billion dollars per year. Even spending 100 billion on a wall is still a deal in the long run.

Money will not solve the homeless problem. There are cities in California which spend between $30K to $100K on each homeless person per year but they still have the worse homeless problem, with needles and feces in the streets and rampant disease. What they need is mental health facilities & sponsorship for each homeless person.

Conservatives are more science based than leftists. We base our conclusions on numbers & facts not feeling & emotions like leftists do. We are concerned with what's true & false not what's considered right & wrong in regards to politics.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I agree, with you. The homeless problem is pretty bad. I see a lot of them, who are clearly mentally ill. I brought that up to a talk show host, who dismissed my claim, he said, only about 12% are mentally ill. Like that margin is somehow acceptable, even though I have heard its a much higher number than 12% are mentally ill.

There are an estimated 57,000 homeless in LA county, at 12% being mentally ill. That means in LA county alone, there are 6,840, mentally ill, on the streets. That to a republican, is acceptable.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I forgot to add to my post.

I don't begrudge anyone in regards to their medical beliefs regardless of their political affiliation. There is just too much that is unknown.

There was a time in history that doctors did all kinds of things we think are barbaric by today's standards (bloodletting, shock therapy, they even blew smoke up people's backside, and I'm not joking about that). There will be a time when we will be looked at the same way.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They do a form of shock therapy now as well, turns out it actually does help some people. Obviously said people are undergoing this treatment voluntarily, rather than against their will as in previous decades.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join