It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Man Owns Undercover Cop Trying to Bust Him for Weed, Sells Him Flowers Instead of Pot

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

As a medically retired cop, My views "may" be biased...

Law Enforcement now is nothing more than a $$$ grab. Now 95% of those who are incarcerated are there on a "Plea Deal" because they get stuck getting arrested for worthless sh!t like this. (I don't even NEED/WANT to watch the video, especially if there are 4 or 5 cops soaking up OVERTIME to get "Them" more names for their rosters...

Let Me ask this real quick----

Is this area serviced by a County Jail run by that County or is it a PRIVATE jail run by a "Corrections Corporation" (Let THAT sink in...) Who thinks there will be LESS arrestable crimes or MORE??

I worked "The Crack War™" that was when those in the ghetto/low income housing went to PRISON while those in the subUrbs (white; affluent; voter) received PROBATION for using the same drug. This of course was to remove them from Public Housing and remove their voting rights...

The opiates? That is to remove the users/abusers $$$ w/Court Costs; Probation Costs; re-do...

Don't believe Me?? How did Afghanistan produce 7% of the world's opium in 2001 and now it is closer to 90%? Is it easier to grow opium in a "war zone"?

How much has Haliburton™ sucked out of Iraq?

It is a SCHEME-- Plus, if the intended (S)-suspect completes the Sale then it is "Sales" and 'Successful Felony Arrests" are rewarded w/Federal funds or the Dep't. gets some SWAT tank like veh.

Stay Hydrated...

Proud Member of LEAP• Law Enforcement Action Partnership (nee: Law Enforcement Against Prohibition)

You have the RIGHT to 'remain SILENT' USE IT!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
You get a gram for £10 here

Pffft if ya lucky

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
they target drink driving and drug driving.

Good.
Distracted driving carries even a heavier penalty,

a fine of up to $3,000
six demerit points
a 30-day driver’s licence suspension

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
they target drink driving and drug driving.

Good.
Distracted driving carries even a heavier penalty,

a fine of up to $3,000
six demerit points
a 30-day driver’s licence suspension

I'm in no way condoning driving impaired as it is dangerous and irresponsible.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Not true. They will randomly target people.

I work in the service industry in a tourist and have been approached many times by someone I was confident was an undercover asking me to sail him weed.

I do have long hair and often wear a tye-dye shirt at work but that should not be enough reason to be a target.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I can't be the only one catching on to this.

#DoublingDownIsIllAdvised

#NuhUhYouAre

You mean you're just now catching on to it?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: Assassin82

Not true. They will randomly target people.

I work in the service industry in a tourist and have been approached many times by someone I was confident was an undercover asking me to sail him weed.

I do have long hair and often wear a tye-dye shirt at work but that should not be enough reason to be a target.

Y'all HIGHiring? I got a couple bitchin' tye-dyes.. I even have one from The Rolling Stones Tour 1989. We will flush out the old dope cops ready for retirement...
Power to the people!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It'd be enough reason for me to ask you...and I'm not a cop LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
I had a meal at a local pub earlier, cheap decent food but rough as # place, while eating I watched 5 coke deals, got offered half price smuggled tobacco, and then stolen aftershave from a shoplifter lol.
Cops here are under resourced, they only deal with serious crime these days, I quite like it that way. The community polices itself.
A couple of weeks ago someone stole a charity collection box from the store by the pub. He got chased by the two women working there then half the pub customers ran out as well. The guy got a savage beating and no cops were called.

Cops rely on us policing ourselves here, they don't give a # about ten bucks worth of pot.
EDIT
For clarity, the charity collection box was for the Royal British Legion, an organisation which helps military veterans. The guy who caught the thief fought in the Falklands, he had to be pulled off the thief. The guy had his community punishment and life goes on lol
edit on 3-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Not just at work. I've been approached at a bus stop before while not wearing tye dye. They are not tough to spot.

I wear tye dye when I close because I bleach down the bar and a little bleach won't ruin tye-dye.

You just contradicted yourself. First you claimed that police will only set up a sting on a target they know will sell illegal now you say you would targetbme based on my attire.
edit on 3-1-2019 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

He's not a cop, so how does him saying he'd ask you for weed contradict his statement that cops don't randomly ask people for weed just to see what happens?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yep, I think that we would have a much better society (generally speaking) if we were allowed to do the vigilante justice from time to time.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You just contradicted yourself. First you claimed that police will only set up a sting on a target they know will sell illegal now you say you would targetbme based on my attire.

Like Shamrock noted, I'm not a cop. I was saying that the cliché that you painted of yourself would make me assume that you smoked/had weed, too.

I'm not above the need for profiling, though, as long as it is done in a respectful way.

Did it ever occur to you that I might approach you because I wanted to smoke it? I'm not the prude that you might assume me to be (admittedly, I can come across that way with the way that I talk on the internet).

I guess I'll rephrase my comment: No officer that I've ever talked to about how they bust people for weed, either in the civilian or military world, have said that an SOP is to randomly approach people with fingers crossed that they catch a dime-bag weed seller. I would be willing to bet that the guy in the video is a well-known dealer who was tipped off and therefore approached the sting with no evidence in his car or on his person, knowing that the cops could do nothing about it.

(and for the record, tye-dye ruins tye-dye...no bleach necessary)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

FWIW:

The name mentioned in video comes back to another fella from Troy that was just arrested within the last week or so on trafficking charges.

My bet is this cop was involved in that bust and when this guy in the video got contacted for a sale, he recognized him. That, or the guy that got popped for trafficking gave the PD this fella's name, then told him he'd given them his name so he could mess with them.

Worked out pretty well for him.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I love to laugh at you guys .

justify what 4 ,5,maybe 6 cops , at least 3 vehicles , a whole undercover operation over 10$ worth of something nobody cares about.

Then you say stupid arse S### like "well change the laws if you dont like it" . The laws are changing everywhere .

Its the backwards arse cops that need to change.

You know how many laws are on the books that are never ever enforced ? these jackass idiot cops dont have to enforce it because nobody wants people getting 2 or 3 felonies for 10$ worth of weed.

And nobody wants them wasting all that time and resources on stupid ass shi like this

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK EFFING SKULLS.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So you are telling me that on COPS when they do street level busts, they already have Intel on the people they target? Even if it is a known hot spot for drug sales?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

So you are telling me that on COPS when they do street level busts, they already have Intel on the people they target? Even if it is a known hot spot for drug sales?

Why do people on this site seem obsessed with this tactic? You take a comment and then spin it with "so what you REALLY mean is...."

No. What I'm "telling you" is exactly what I said. If you want to extrapolate something else that you've made up in your head and tell me that's what I really really, like really, mean and expect me to defend it then you might as well have a conversation with yourself and leave me out of it.

But to answer your entirely-irrelevant-to-what-I-said comment, you answered yourself in your own damn comment.

Question: they already have Intel on the people they target?

Answer: it is a known hot spot for drug sales.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join