It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers stole 18,000 documents related to 9/11; are releasing them as their ransoms aren't met

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If this is psychological warfare, or counter intelligence, this could be what is referred to as a "limited hangout". Giving out just enough information to see who nibbles, while monetizing the returns. Could be that some intel agency was naughty and released some info it should not have, and to cover their own behinds they are ransoming that very information as "hacked" because it already exists out there while gaining publicity for doing so without implicating themselves.
edit on 2-1-2019 by dubiousatworst because: grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Checkpoint #2 just released.

twitter.com...

What does that mean?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sad to say, This is probably not going to amount to much.

Have any of you spent time watching videos from DefCON? Pen-testers and hired-bad-guys are a real thing- and they make videos about how damn easy it is. Hacking into a computer is as easy as putting on a "Your Company's IT Company" collared shirt, and walking up to Jane or Bill in X Department, and saying, "Hey, I need to plug-in to your system to update your security system" and viola, you're plugging in a thumbdrive with the ability to copy everything on their computer to a digital cloud.

These documents they stole were probably from low-level servers, amounting to 8 gigs of non-sensitive data.

Until I see something absolutely indicative of non-redacted, top secret sh*, then this is probably, without a doubt, the case.

Cool find though.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Iconic because: Spelling, because I'm an imbecile.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

twitter.com...

What does that mean?

It means that those whom have downloaded the files now have an additional decryption key and need to start researching and relaying that information.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic
funny thing about pentesters. They are usually paid way to little for what they do, and if they were malicious enough they could get all kinds of fun information. "Social Engineering" is a whole lot easier than people think it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
has it been discussed here yet, that all of the files are on litigation?

There's not really anything there except documents relating to insurance payouts, which the results are mostly public domain anyway at this point

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
One more thing to consider...

Very sensitive data is stored on computers that don't have the ability to bring that information outside. Your local 911 call center is like this. It would be really bad news if someone hacked into your local 911 center computers, for various reasons. So, to protect that information, the computers and servers are physical only- there's literally no way possible for an outside connection.

So- the only way sensitive information can be 'hacked' is if someone like ...idk i'll just throw a random name out there... Hillary Clinton, for example, emailed herself sensitve data to an unsecured outside email address...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So far from lurking jpg scans of some of the documents I think I see a tiny picture developing.

It seems box cutters were confiscated numerous times in airport security logs in days before 9/11. If that’s the focus right now- the insinuation would be how did terrorists get box cutters on a plane the same day we re route our jets with “war games” so the skies are clear. Maybe I’m reading too deep. But I feel rd 1 of this leak is the “box cutter theme”
edit on 2-1-2019 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

twitter.com...

What does that mean?

It means that those whom have downloaded the files now have an additional decryption key and need to start researching and relaying that information.

So each "checkpoint" delivers a key to a different "room" where files are stored?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Honestly, the fact that they have only raised about 500$ should tell everyone all they need to know about us Bitcoin believers. Lol. Not even 9/11 truth is worth those precious satoshi!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
One more thing to consider...
So- the only way sensitive information can be 'hacked' is if someone like ...idk i'll just throw a random name out there... Hillary Clinton, for example, emailed herself sensitve data to an unsecured outside email address...

Or, if someone physically inserted a thumb-drive(s) into the host server's USB port and copied the files?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Honestly, the fact that they have only raised about 500$ should tell everyone all they need to know about us Bitcoin believers. Lol. Not even 9/11 truth is worth those precious satoshi!

See this is the thing not making any sense to me. The ransom is what - 2MM? That’s awfully small for earth shattering hacks on 9/11 right ? Same with 500 bucks- like huh? It almost feels like money actually has very little to do with this.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sort of. They actually have an extremely complex demand list of exactly what they will release at what monetary amounts.. but essentially yes.

We are on door 2 of like 25 release 'rooms' so to speak. These are just 'previews' from various 'rooms' of the 1st 'level' now.

Separate rooms on each 'level' until 4 and 5.

Levels are severity.

They truly are making a game of it.
edit on 2-1-2019 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, the pentester method has to be done physically if it is a truly sensitive server.

The PT Method could be done digitally if it was a Jane or Bill in X-Department, with nothing but litigation emails and security updates that have all but been made obsolete at this point in time.

But- the hack in question was done digitally. If it was done physically, then... Damn! That would be a massively huge undertaking.

unfortunately for us, the truthseekers, it was probably just some hacker who found something they thought was worth more, or was more important than it actually is. Or perhaps they know people will lose their minds at the thought of "Finding the truth" and offer to buy single pages from them at 20 bucks a pop (Which is already happening as we speak)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

twitter.com...

What does that mean?

It means you may download some stuff.

archive.fo/S0yWh

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I agree with that assessment. I literally have met CTer's who are millionaires in Bitcoin. Are they just spooked? That could be..

But tell me, why has say Russia or China not paid up ?? 2 MM is nothing as you said for some players. Even if they get scammed.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

I've read up on this a bit and seen a few of their posts online, and they claim they have SCI stuff which if true, will be causing a real crud-storm to come down on them. The NSA and others will be going after them and they can find them even through the so called secure bitcoin trails.

Of course I want to see some top secret SCI stuff and see if it is really true. Seems too good to be true actually.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

a reply to: bknapple32

I agree with that assessment. I literally have met CTer's who are millionaires in Bitcoin. Are they just spooked? That could be..

But tell me, why has say Russia or China not paid up ?? 2 MM is nothing as you said for some players. Even if they get scammed.

I would off the top of my head think Russia and or China love this stuff happening to us. So I’d assume they’d stay silent and enjoy the show.

But something is definitely deeper here that’s not meeting the eye. The amount of money they’re asking for is GLARINGLY lower than the info is worth. And as the hackers stated on their q and a. They’re already living on the beach in the movie heist ending. They are rich and like money. 2MM split more than one way (or even not split) is laughable as a ransom value the more one thinks on this. It doesn’t seem worth it- if money is really the motivating factor.
edit on 2-1-2019 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah, I agree, if infact that SCI is the holy grail.

SCI is an umbrella term however, like saying "I've got classified info!" and the classified info is not actually who shot JFK, but it's where some long-dead CIA asset liked to get his coffee on friday evenings.

Sure, it COULD help, or it COULD lead somewhere, but its a quagmire of 9gigs of .docs to wade through.

If we had all the documents, and hundreds of amazing people, we might be able to piece things together, and connect some dots over the next 20 years.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So each "checkpoint" delivers a key to a different "room" where files are stored?

The release zip consists of 6 Veracrypt containers, named Layer_1.container and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join