It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers stole 18,000 documents related to 9/11; are releasing them as their ransoms aren't met

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I cannot believe this has not been posted yet. It may finally be happening everyone.

The Dark Overlord's Official Press Release

A hacker group is claiming to have gained access to "world-changing" documents regarding 9/11 and UFO's. They are demanding a ransom in Bitcoin and claim to only be motivated by financial reasons nothing more.

All files are already available for download. First set of decryption keys have already been released. Start digging.

Four remaining decryption keys are said to be released as demands are not met in the coming time.

Despite appearances, this seems legitimate. With data breaches being acknowledged by insurance firms involved.

Google Drive Links for everything The Dark Overlord has released

Let's get right into the juicy bits, shall we? Since our organisation has been around, we've performed many hacks that have resulted in some hilarious news articles and reports, grandiose stories of entire regions closing schools, NSA, CIA, GCHQ investigating us, hoping to hunt us down, raids all over the world, arrests of alleged members, and so much more. Most of you may know us from our hacks of Netflix and other studios such as ABC, HBO, CBS, and others. We do hope you haven't cancelled your subscription to them. However, the entire planet will now know our name as a result of a single client of ours failing our arrangement and refusing to accept the fair penalties. Edward Snowden leaks were quite impressive and caught the world's attention due to the highly sensitive nature of the materials and the global impact. What we're about to announce and leak will top Edward Snowden's finest work, both in volume and in impact. We'll guarantee to all our astute readers that the subsequent release of these materials will generate millions of news articles and result in the biggest and most significant data breach ever to have occurred.

These guys are not playing around.

We immediately approached this company with our most handsome business proposition, which they were reluctant to accept. However, they ultimately accepted and provided us a financial payment that satisfied our agreement. However, as with previous clients in the past (we're looking at you: Larson Studios), this client of ours also violated the agreement and began cooperating with law enforcement, which our agreements strictly forbid unless it's legally required of the client. This involvement with law enforcement became clear to us months later through a source of ours disclosing details of the client to us that we never informed the source about. We were absolutely appalled by this transgression against our agreement. We decided to offer this company a second chance to repent, accept responsibility, and satisfy our penalty request. They declined to accept our offer, so we're here today.

edit on 1-1-2019 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2019 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
I didn't check the link.
Have they released any of them yet?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The first link is just to a pastebin page. The second link is only to a Reddit /r conspiracy thread. But yes, they have actually released them all already, but encrypted.

They say they will be releasing five decryption keys as demands are not met. First one has already been released and did indeed decrypt seemingly genuine hacked documents. More to come apparently.

The hacker group literally did an AMA. Hold on, I'll quote it. Wtf!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Dark Overlord's Twitter channel is lighting up tonight with posts from people investigating what his group released this evening.

LINK: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Press Release

Here's the Pastebin press release since the OP link is broken.
edit on 2 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Apparently, it's designed to not be referenced. This link won't work either.
edit on 2 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
HOLY ####. At 1st glance this seems legit.

Please be legit.

please be legit

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
All of the AMA questions/comments from the darkoverlord re: 9/11 insurance leak extortion here

Q: This doesn't seem like something a group that uses the darkweb would do in public.

A: This is something we do. We can't speak for the others. This is our modus operandi. We like to do everything we can to squeeze every last coin out of our victims. We're financially motivated.

For everyone else asking why we're not dumping it all, we have. It's available to torrent.

Our official Press Release with more info is available here: /4F5R8QyQ

Q: 9.8 gigs seems a lot for just documents. Does it include videos or audio recordings? A: We're withholding anything that isn't text-readable for now.

Q: who did 9/11 in your opinion based on the docs? A: We don't really give a #. We want internet money.

We've already released a select few documents to serve as proof of our claims. We're about to change the #ing world. Edward Snowden's NSA leak will be pale in comparison.

Q: (ID: QYsiPYKc) A: When we deal with clients who have PoF, we provide such presentations.

We're quite wealthy, earning hundreds of BTC per year in profit from our systematic cyber-extortion. GCHQ coined that term for us. You can read their advisory about this organisation.

Q: Hi, thedarkoverlord, Have you considered that information may well be used crash the monetary system you hope to be compensated in? A: Fantastic question, mate. We're not concerned about that as we receive our payments only in internet money like Bitcoin. The monetary crash will be your problem. We always advise our clients to diversify and acquire different convertible currencies.

Q: Explain attack vector that lead to initial shell. Web based? Misconfigired service? Well known exploit? A: Nice try, Mandiant.

Q: How? You stated that your intent was to sell it to the highest bidder. That just means that it will get buried. A: We're financially motivated. We're not motivated by saving the planet.

Q: Waiting for overlords dead man switch A: We have several layers of 'dead man's switches' deployed. This is why the entire archive we'd plan to release is freely downloadable now. We're sitting on our high entropy master encryption keys that can be released through even a failure of the organisation.

Q: The thing is, I (and few others) are willing to pay. Provided that OP understands at least basics how such trades are executed. A: We're highly reputable, having sold hundreds of BTC worth of intellectual property, R&D, databases, and more. Our official contact details are in our office Press Release. Please contact us using PGP. We'll happily conform to your requirements to substantiate our loot.

Q: if you DO get paid then we can assume the world's not save because you'd not release them right? A: That's correct. We're not here to save the world. We're here to get paid internet money. We're not motivated by ego or charity, only money.

Q: Hey thedarkoverlord, give us something for free you poofters. A: We already have. Pay attention, fag.

For everyone speaking about the hack of a global insurer, you should understand how sophisticated litigation works. We're sitting on SSI and SCI from TSA, FBI, FAA, USDOJ, and others. Refer to our official PR for more information.

Q: Thoughts on Cicada 3301 and WikiLeaks? particularly who is behind Cicada? A: We don't speculate on other organisations. We focus on ourselves.

Q: Do you have a timeline you can disclose for releasing each layer? A: There is a timeline, but we can't share details about that.

Q: Your group could have chosen to privately auction this info to the same exact bidders you will likely get through these public antics. That makes me question your timing. Why disrupt our system of things and way of life now ( assuming your I do is as world changing as you state)? Why now? A: Tis the season.

Q: I don't give a # what he wants I'll kick in 20 bucks for anything that peaks my interest one single doc to prove it's not a nothing burger with no strings attached I've been sitting on btc since 50 btc blocks. A: Ff you'd like to be the first person to purchase a single file or two from us, you're welcome to. We'd happily sell you something right now. Our Twitter has our e-mail on it. Get in contact, mate.

Q: what would anyone who is selling world shattering documents for millions of dollars try selling them on 4chan? A: We're not selling anything on 4chan. We're working SEO right now. Google 'thedarkoverlord' and see for yourself. It's driving a tremendous amount of traffic to our content. This is all calculated and pre-arranged.

Q: # yeah based hackerman. I read the release, make those #ers pay for breaking the deal. They should pay extra just for being so stupid to let you find anything in their network in the first place. Too easy probably, IT people are lazy as #. Get paid. A: We've probably hacked your company too.

Q: I'd be willing to chip in with others to see it if I was sure it would be world shaking info. Not something the average person would change the TV when it came up on the news. On a scale of 1-10 how system breaking is the info? A: You're the smart one here, asking the right questions. We'd say it's a 7.5, all things considered. Snowden may have been a 5.5, maybe a 6. More people care about 911 than USA spying. Now, our next release about UFOs, yeah, that's a 10 mate, but it's going to wait until we're done here. If you'd like to buy 911 documents from us, read the answers above.

Anyone can see ample proof on our official PR and our official Twitter @tdo_h4ck3rs. This is quiet real. We'd like to top Edward Snowden. Everyone saying they're coming for us: we know. GCHQ has published advisories about us and the Billings Gazette news publisher leaked the fact that the CIA and NSA event attempted to locate us last year in October after we closed down 50.000 students and 36 schools in an entire region of Montana for 7 days. This is readily available news.

Q: Actually appears legit. On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely do you think it is that your leak could cause a former-sitting president to get lynched? Also, hope your DMS shoots to a Blockchian. A: We'd rather not say, for fear of his safety.

We'll be sharing a few new screencaps momentarily, to stir the pot a bit.

Q: why are you doing ransom instead of exploiting this information for insider trading A: We're experts in systematic cyber-extortion, according to GCHQ. We do what we're best at.

Q: Do you have anything really damaging on Hillary or Obama? A: We're unwilling to answer this question.

Q: Holy kek, FreeBSD is one of the most insecure OS, no joke. A: We utilise Windows Embedded.

Q: That's a bit of a lame answer. Why pick a risky strategy like cyber extortion, when you can stay under the radar, and do insider trading from a beach in Asia? A: We don't discuss out TTPs in public.

Q: So given your financial motivation, is it safe to assume you’re “group” is more anarchy than order? That is to say, are you looking to shift power,take power, or destroy power? A: We're not interested in power, only internet money.

Q: Their answer here will actually clue in their degree of technical competency. I'd add - justify why it will reach this price. A: We haven't shared a price, at all. Depending on what a buyer would like, we adjust our offer.

Q: Iron Mountain is a military base. Why is a WTC Insurer shredding documents on it? A: Great question. We'll direct you to ur official PR which details it. We'll quote the issue for you below:

"When major incidents like the WTC 911 incident happen, part of the litigation must involve SSI (Sensitive Security Information) and SCI (Special Compartment Information) from the likes of the FBI, CIA, TSA, FAA, DOD, and others being introduced into evidence, but of course this can't become public, for fear of compromising a nation's security, so they temporarily release these materials to the solicitor firms involved in the litigation with the strict demand they're destroyed after their use and that remain highly protected and confidential to only be used behind closed doors. However, humans aren't perfect and many of these documents don't become destroyed, and when thedarkoverlord comes along hacking all these solicitor firms, investment banks, and global insurers, we stumble upon the juiciest secrets a government has to offer."

Q: Hey do you take hack requests? I have a couple of bitcoins... A: Visit our official Twitter @tdo_h4ck3rs where our contact details are readily available. We operate on a strict protocol and often times require bonding.

Q: why leak on new years eve A: Because it forces about a dozen Fortune 500 companies in the UK and USA to build damage control and COA plans on their New Years holiday, robbing them of any pleasure and bringing in their new year at a new low.

Q: if i purchase the doc's, whats stopping me uploading it everywhere? will you guys get annoyed? A: Once we're paid, they're yours. You do as we you wish. We couldn't care any less.

Q: yeah has there been any strange # happening that makes you think they're on to you or that you've being targetted already? A: Other than them telling victims to pay us because it's the best move to save their arses, we sleep like babies.

Q: Likes,kind of a career ending big heist, don't you think? A: We already live like the ending of a great heist movie, on warm beaches with loads of internet money. We're quite happy.

Q: Why do you care about their pleasure or them starting new year at all time low, thought this was all just business? A: It's all business. Psychologically, they're most vulnerable when this process is used and it resutls in higher success rates for us.

Q: Apparently the guy they caught was in Serbia. A: A complete random stranger.

Q: The question about crypto was good, do you have any predictions about BTC next year and do you think it's still the best currency to invest in? A: We predict we'll earn even more BTC. As our clients are paying us while we have them bent over a barrel, we always advise them to buy up for their personal portfolios.

Q: Do you have a deadman set up A: We do.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Interesting.

I will be using this thread to keep myself somehow updated. S+F

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thank you for looking out. I just tried to fix it as well. That public facing pastebin link works on Reddit but not here? How is that even possible ??

I can post the text of the press release here if anyone requests. Its pretty great to be honest.

And please note to those it may concern. I am not trying to crosspost, links are not working properly. And This needs visibility here.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have no hope for anything important

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Press Release

Here's the Pastebin press release since the OP link is broken.

Apparently, it's designed to not be referenced. This link won't work either.

e5skzqa0’s server IP address could not be found.

no luck for me...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

That public facing pastebin link works on Reddit but not here?

ATS automatically scrubs pastebin links for security purposes, kinda like how it handles Wikileaks links.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

Please try the second link. Verify before you click if cautious. It is an /r con thread. Then try the 'Press Release' link in the OP. It should work there. ?

I'd post the verbatim, but I don't want this taken down.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It could be that George and Jeb Bush's reaction to the content of the envelope at their dad's funeral, is related to this (alleged) disclosure.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Gotcha. Thank you for the info. Folks interested will need to follow my second link in the OP to find the PR on pastebin.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is an excellent point to bring up..seems rather ominous, this happening on New year's day and all..

Dark Overlords Twitter Profile

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

lots of links in the /conspiracy not sure what's allowed to be linked or not, not going to do it

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
FYI - Another source to monitor.

Everyone should be paying attention to #tdohacked911 right now.

Considering #thedarkoverlord is a reputable hacking group, its highly possible this information is true.

I'll be sure to post if anything insane comes out of the next 4 folders we get.

Link to #tdohacked911 on Twitter: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: carewemust

That is an excellent point to bring up..seems rather ominous, this happening on New year's day and all..

DarkOverlord stated in the above Q&A that the Bush family would be "lynched" if he made everything public right now. But wouldn't they receive the same treatment if it were released next week, month, year???

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'll believe it when I see it.
To me 9/11 is one of those conspiracies that we will never get to the bottom of. Safe with JFK and the Moon landings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join