It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: AirpScrlane-shape, Flashing Lights, Reflections (SpaceX Dragon launch)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
By the way:

The BEST debunking argument, that no one has mentioned yet, would be to argue that the object is not reflecting the Dragon's light, as it appears to.

You guys should be arguing that it's only an illusion that it reflects the light.

An illusion that happened, because of the Dragon's sudden bursts of reflected sunlight.

Along those lines, you could argue that the UFO was nothing but Earth's city lights (which somehow look just like a plane, lol, and which have the false appearance of a solid craft, reflecting light from the Dragon).

edit on 8-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
Girls, I hate to derail your interesting discussion.

But we still haven't figured out what that object was!!!

Back to business, please.

I thought it was figured out as city lights on Earth, where the camera was pointed at? You got any other ideas then?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

I have not seen any "answers" to my posts, and no I am not confused, thank you so much, despite your Gish Gallop which does not really qualify as a response.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
An interesting piece here and a good discussion, too:

Quora: ISS - City Lights

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Girls, I hate to derail your interesting discussion.

But we still haven't figured out what that object was!!!

Back to business, please.

I thought it was figured out as city lights on Earth, where the camera was pointed at? You got any other ideas then?

A mysterious craft shaped like an airplane, with irregular clusters of lights on its surface, which flew past the ISS and reflected the sunlight from its exhaust clouds. (Which is still what it looks like, the most.)
edit on 9-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That's a vivid imagination you have there.

"Exhaust clouds"?!!!!!! Whatever next?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

What was wrong in referring to the Dragon craft's bursts of exhaust?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

But that is not what you posted. You were referring to "its exhaust clouds" with the "it" being your "mysterious craft", not the Dragon.

Unless you have a problem with the English language or lack literacy skills? Mind you, judging by the state of your thread title, that may well explain it.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

One of the comments on the original Youtube video suggested it may have been a particularly bad thunderstorm near Hawaii, so that's another possible candidate.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

But that is not what you posted. You were referring to "its exhaust clouds" with the "it" being your "mysterious craft", not the Dragon.

Unless you have a problem with the English language or lack literacy skills? Mind you, judging by the state of your thread title, that may well explain it.

Amazing.

The thread title misspelling actually comes from a moderator who changed the punctuation of the thread's title (and added that misspelling by mistake). So oldcarpy, you can insult the site moderators for the thread title's misspelling.

About exhaust clouds: I said:

...flew past the ISS and reflected the sunlight from its exhaust clouds.

"Its exhaust clouds" obviously refers to the Dragon's exhaust... which is the only exhaust in the video...

And while my phrasing wasn't 100% precise, it also wasn't wrong (to refer to something as "it," or to refer to its possession as "its exhaust").

Nor was it even unclear or confusing what I was referring to.

Also, the whole world can read this thread and can see if you have anything to contribute, or if you're just... you know...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I think I will just leave you to it. You said what you said (and by the way I seriously doubt that the "whole world" cares a flying toss about your ego) and if you keep wanting to claim you meant something other than what you clearly posted then I have no wish to indulge your penchant for pettiness or to enter into another sterile and forensic argument.

I get the impression that if you were alone in a locked room you would start an argument with yourself.

I'm off now for a bit.

See you next Tuesday.
edit on 10-1-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I am confused by the "stars" that show up in the enhanced version.
They look (comparedly) static. So I thought these would be lights on earth.
Especially because the UFO seems to block them out when flying over them.

But this could be another reason why the "stars" disappear when the location of the UFO coincides with them:
Maybe the "stars" are just artifacts of the image enhancement that fade out when that part of the image gets a higher luminance due to the UFO being in that spot.

What remains strange is the shape of the UFO. If it is a city on earth it has a surprising shape indeed.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
By the way:

The reason I concluded that we're looking downward at Earth, the whole time, is that the vid shows Earth changing between night and day a couple times. (And therefore, it shows that the dark background, is actually just nighttime Earth.)

For example, check out Earth's sunrise at about 42:40. (Sunrise turns the clouds pink, and then the illuminated clouds cover the background, which shows that the dark background was just dark Earth, all along.)

The "stars" are confusing, indeed. I was previously convinced that they were the actual stars, just because they look just like the stars. But they're not...

Also they can't really be Earth lights, because the dots stay in place, instead of showing the Earth's turning movement (which was also why I thought they were stars).

There's a lot of clouds so there's not a lot of chances to see actual structures on Earth... to see how fast it looks like it turns.

But I think this point shows a lake and river on Earth, which shows how fast it looks, passing behind the Dragon.

Look around 1:12:16 (to see the lake and river, passing behind the Dragon).

It's a bit hard to say, but I think the UFO seems to fly by faster... than the natural turning of the Earth below.

edit on 10-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

But this could be another reason why the "stars" disappear when the location of the UFO coincides with them:
Maybe the "stars" are just artifacts of the image enhancement that fade out when that part of the image gets a higher luminance due to the UFO being in that spot.

What remains strange is the shape of the UFO. If it is a city on earth it has a surprising shape indeed.

Yes, the "stars" appear to be some kind of image artifact, in the camera on the ISS.

Even though they are present the whole time, they're a bit too dark to see, until I brighten up the colors.

However, the dots are there, all along, in the raw footage.

...So the dots basically must be a quirk in the camera on the ISS. Something like, some of the camera's pixels are overly distorted, in certain colors...

...I really wasn't expecting to identify flaws in the camera of the ISS... because I expected the BEST equipment and technology to be part of the ISS.

But, here we are, lol. It's not stars nor Earth lights... And with the dots holding the same position in the camera, when they're visible, it must be some glitch or quirk, in the camera on the ISS...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

I am leaning towards artifacts because as the camera is pointed at Earth they can't really be stars. Can't see anything surprising about the "shape".

We could do with an opinion from a poster with more knowledge about video and stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It looks like we can all agree then that the "stars" are just some kind of artifact that became visible with the image enhancement. Quite unexpected.

After having seen a daylight video, for me the most likely explanation for the UFO are then really artifical lights on earth. The movement and speed seems to match quite well (without having done any measurements). The shape of the "UFO" in the enhanced version, however, is really a bit surprising. Who knows...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It looks like we can all agree then that the "stars" are just some kind of artifact that became visible with the image enhancement. Quite unexpected.

After having seen a daylight video, for me the most likely explanation for the UFO are then really artifical lights on earth. The movement and speed seems to match quite well (without having done any measurements). The shape of the "UFO" in the enhanced version, however, is really a bit surprising. Who knows...

The more I look at parts of the vid, which show lakes & rivers passing by: The more that the UFO seems much faster than the natural turning of the Earth below.

I think the shots with lakes & rivers, seem the best way to get a sense of how fast the Earth is turning, behind the Dragon.

I'm probably not time-stamping these embedded YT vids quite right, but check out 1:11:56, it's the same landscape but a few seconds earlier. The lakes & rivers seem to be gliding by so slowly, and much slower than the UFO that I posted about...

Also the UFO would still seem anomalous for its plane-shape, including its lights arranged similar to a plane;

It seems to reflect light, as a solid object;

And the other UFO that I made a thread about, seems to make a wooshing noise, when it passes by. (These anomalous traits still suggest an alien craft, rather than Earth's city lights.)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

These anomalous traits still suggest an alien craft

If it is a craft, it is far more likely a terrestrial craft. I have never heard of an alien craft shaped like a jet

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

These anomalous traits still suggest an alien craft

If it is a craft, it is far more likely a terrestrial craft. I have never heard of an alien craft shaped like a jet

Haha well if it is human... that's a wild idea too, that some people are flying around in plane-shaped craft, at 250 miles above the Earth, and gliding by the ISS... Perhaps the much rumored, secret space program?

The problem is, that the craft is not hiding, as per a secret space program...

If anything, the craft would seem that it WANTS to be seen...

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I was thinking more alone the line of something like this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join