It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: AirpScrlane-shape, Flashing Lights, Reflections (SpaceX Dragon launch)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Typing in capitals = Shouting.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You are the one making claims that knowledge/teaching about vacuum in space had changed referencing your own schooling on the subject.

I posted a link showing that science has been consistent about this since at least before you were born.

So, if you have anything to back up this idea/claim, it is over to you to come up with something.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Typing in capitals = Shouting.

Of course. But what did I post in caps, recently, that you were just referring to?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You are the one making claims that knowledge/teaching about vacuum in space had changed referencing your own schooling on the subject.

I posted a link showing that science has been consistent about this since at least before you were born.

So, if you have anything to back up this idea/claim, it is over to you to come up with something.

I wasn't making statements on schooling.

I said that I believe I was taught, in public (grammar) school, that space is a vacuum (without any nuance to it).

Then I asked if people think it's common teaching / common knowledge (that space is not a pure vacuum).

Because I think most people have that idea... Don't they?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well, here is some of your shouting from only earlier today:

originally posted by: peacefulpete

originally posted by: peacefulpete

As the camera is pointing down at Earth where it is night the logical answer is that this is city lights or, at the risk of the OP blowing a fuse (again), - squid fishing boats.

I'm going to pour over the footage some more, but I see no reason to think that the camera is pointing down at Earth.

It seems exceedingly clear & obvious that we're seeing stars in the background.

It also seems very clear & obvious that the object REFLECTS light, as a solid object, passing by the Dragon.

I wouldn't say that I've "blown a fuse" in the past, and certainly not about fishing boats, but the thread about huge lights glowing IN THE WATER, really did get ridiculous, with people arguing fishing boats (for underwater huge circles of light), people attacking the 25-yr airline pilot as being incompetent, etc. So if I "blew a fuse" in that thread, it's because the trolling was just ridiculous.

Here, I don't think there's such a chance for trolling lol.

You guys can argue that it's Earth's lights, meanwhile the background is obviously showing stars in space, not the Earth, and the UFO is obviously reflecting light from the Dragon craft (showing that the UFO is a solid object, passing closely to the Dragon craft).

You seem to think that anyone who disagrees with you is "trolling" you. There was no trolling of your thread, just people pointing out that you were mistaken, showing you pictures of commercial fishing boat lights taken from the ISS for example.

You called various posters "trolls", called me "Oldcrappy" (hilarious), told people to stop posting on your threads and called another poster a very rude name, shouted in capitals, called me and others "illiterate" and generally spat your dummy and threw your toys out the pram. Basically, how most of your threads tend to pan out in the end.

So, you accept that the camera is pointing down at Earth and that it is not stars that we are seeing in the background?

I don't believe that you really think that there's no trolling happening in these forums lol.

The thread about underwater circles of light... was certainly not fishing boats... And the 25-yr pilot deserves credit for being familiar with how things look from his plane. Whoever was insulting his intelligence, was just wrong, as the pilot is a total stranger, and an accomplished pilot & photographer, that doesn't deserve his mind insulted by strangers.

It was also HIS photos and HIS impressions that the thread was about anyway, so it wasn't about ME being right or wrong anyway.

I called people "illiterate" for pretending to have semantical disagreements that were totally meaningless lol. Just to argue about nothing lol.

Re: This video: Based on reviewing the 3.5 hr footage, yes I accept that the camera is pointed at Earth the whole time, apparently. Of course, I already said that, lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You're calling it "shouting" that I said:

It was also HIS photos and HIS impressions that the thread was about anyway, so it wasn't about ME being right or wrong anyway.

..."shouting"...lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Interesting. You say this:

I wasn't making statements on schooling.

And then you contradict yourself with this in the next breath:

I said that I believe I was taught, in public (grammar) school, that space is a vacuum (without any nuance to it).

As for this:

Then I asked if people think it's common teaching / common knowledge (that space is not a pure vacuum). Because I think most people have that idea... Don't they?

I don't know, maybe people who don't know much about such stuff? So what?

Fact is, space is not a pure vacuum and that's about it, really. Unless you want to bang on arguing semantics for the sake of arguing, which you do a lot of, in which case count me out.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yes, shouting. You do a lot of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Right, I didn't make a statement on schooling. I said that I believe I was taught something, decades ago, and I asked others if they were taught the same.

This conversation is not about semantics.

No, I don't shout a lot. But please report me for my capital "HIS" and "ME" in that earlier post.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Yes, you did.

Well, you could have fooled me!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yes, you did.

Well, you could have fooled me!

Because mentioning public education... is arguing semantics? Ah ok, lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Right, I didn't make a statement on schooling. I said that I believe I was taught something, decades ago, and I asked others if they were taught the same.

This is not semantic twaddlery?

I take it that you have nothing at all to back up your claims about knowledge/teaching about vacuum in space? Done any research? Thought not.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well done for editing my post before "quoting" it.

A bit like the way you keep posting "edited" photos of UFO's and stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This is not semantic twaddlery?

I take it that you have nothing at all to back up your claims about knowledge/teaching about vacuum in space? Done any research? Thought not.

Because that’s a sensible response to someone mentioning what he believes he was taught in grammar school, a few decades ago...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am beginning to suspect that neither do you.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Girls, I hate to derail your interesting discussion.

But we still haven't figured out what that object was!!!

Back to business, please.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well done for editing my post before "quoting" it.

I didn't edit ur post before quoting it, and I don't even know what post ur referring to.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This vid is color-manipulated. Only.

And no one is interested to argue whether manipulating colors counts as "edited" or not. Intelligent people can discern that for themselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am beginning to suspect that neither do you.

Well I was talking about your own posts, in this thread... But it seems that answering your posts is confusing for you. So we better just stop responding to each other, lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
Girls, I hate to derail your interesting discussion.

But we still haven't figured out what that object was!!!

Back to business, please.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join