It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Safe Injection

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
setting aside the ethics of this guy and what he is doing, i don't think that what he is doing even qualifies for any religious exemption. religious exemption is all about using drugs that may be controlled substances in religious ceremonies, as part of a religion's practice. rather like if we were to once again do alcohol prohibition, religions such as the Catholic church which use wine as part of their ceremony of communion, would still be able to use the wine for that purpose, even though it would be prohibited from general consumption by law. then there is that little thing about a "religion" doing so has to be a recognized religion, where the use of whatever substance is known and documented. in other words i could not start up my own religion that uses coc aine as part of my ceremonies, so i could use coc aine.

as for his excuse about Christ would have embraced and supported people who use drugs, not shunned them. it does not wash. yes Christ would indeed embraced, supported and not shunned such people. as we have examples of in the bible. but he would NOT have been supporting their lifestyle and drug use as this guy is doing. he would instead have worked to get them off the drugs and turn their lives around, "go and sin no more". he did not for instance support the tax collector's taking of extra money. instead the tax collector worked to pay people back the money he had taken.

you nailed it

concise , to the point and covers the religious aspects.

now prepare for the "slings and arrows" that follow posting truth lately on ATS

scrounger

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

oh FFS - you said [ to paraphrase :

dont do drugs and you dont get desieses

which is utter twaddle

so stop screeching

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Is he just dispensing clean needles or exchanging them? Drug addicts in Seattle don't seem to care about disposing of their used paraphernalia properly and the entire city is now littered with orange caps, syringes, and needles.

There has been talk about opening a safe injection site near where I live in North Seattle, and some Washington State cities have already banned them. In my opinion, although they might save some lives, enabling this behavior will potentially destroy more than it will ever save.
edit on 122019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why not right? I don't really mind this. If fewer people get aids and such then good for him.

If shooters get stoned in one spot then good for everyone else not living near that spot.

Find a parking lot adjacent to a hospital and the cops and EMTs won't care either.

Le life.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: scrounger

oh FFS - you said [ to paraphrase :

dont do drugs and you dont get desieses

which is utter twaddle

so stop screeching

nice canned emotional chidish responce

now care to be AN ADULT and civily explain how the statemnt I used is somehow flawed?

because last I checked if you dont do drugs that have high rate of XX disease then your chances of catching it are not only greatly reduced....but you wont catch it from doing drugs.

again I see someone cant make the common logical thought that not doing drugs makes you immune to disease.

most people dont need a BASIC CONCEPT dumbed down to be understood

scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join