It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with the left, as described by a leftist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The weird thing is that as a leftist, you should be aware that all of the issues you highlight as being 'problems of the left', aren't actually problems of the left.

They are mostly things that have been invented and blown up out of all proportion by alt-right propaganda merchants to discredit the politics of the left.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

alt-right propaganda merchants to discredit the politics of the left.

Sorry but open borders, gun control, and high taxation don't need the alt-right to be unpalatable to most Americans.
edit on 1 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Put the blame where it belongs..... on the people.
Because if everything is really the fault of politicians, where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans who are ready to step in and replace them?

The truth is, we don't have people like that.
Everyone's at the mall on there phones complaining about the politicians.
This is what our system produces.
Let's face it, we have very little to work with. Garbage in, garbage out....

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I will caveat this; both republicans and democrats are authoritarian bastards. They are the leftists.

Libertarians are as rare as bacon in Iran.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

BS

Come visit new orleans. It's overrun with people screeching about pronouns and the patriarchy.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ZornsLemma

Starred and flagged! I consider myself a left leaning moderate and I agree with the majority of what you posted. I would add the offended over everything and everything is racist mentality that has been adopted by both sides mind you. People need to toughen up in general.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wish you could take the time to do a little reading on the history of Progressivism in America.

It would help you with your ideas on the two parties, for instance.

Clear up some misconceptions... like Republicans are Conservative and Democrats are Liberal.

All that sh!t was taken over years ago.

Identify the target...

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well written!

There are plenty of idiot sheep on both sides of the spectrum. The problem on the left is due to progressives taking the reigns
S and F

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Release your inner bully.
it's allowed in a crowd.
just punch a Nazi, you'll feel heroic

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

About political correctness. Why should it be culturally okay for a white person to use the N word given black history in this country? Why should it only be Republicans who decide what is politically correct?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I will caveat this; both republicans and democrats are authoritarian bastards. They are the leftists.

I don't want grandmothers starving in the streets. I think libertarians are a bunch of selfish apple holes.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

what's the Libertarian position on border walls?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You sound a lot more libertarian than leftist. You might want to re-examine where you really are on that continuum.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The weird thing is that as a leftist, you should be aware that all of the issues you highlight as being 'problems of the left', aren't actually problems of the left.

They are mostly things that have been invented and blown up out of all proportion by alt-right propaganda merchants to discredit the politics of the left.

so you are for border security? We can count on your support for funding the wall and all of it's components?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

My opinion on the two parties has evolved with a hefty helping of cynicism. It’s pretty much just a Uniparty with two sides.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

what's the Libertarian position on border walls?

Don’t know.

I know what my position is on it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so you are for border security? We can count on your support for funding the wall and all of it's components?

I'm in favour of border security, yes.

I don't think a wall is a good solution to border security because people have invented ladders and ropes.

I would spend money on border security on things that actually help border security, instead of simplistic gestures that don't actually help.

But border security isn't really a 'leftist' political concern, the politics of the left are far more concerned about how the 1% have increasing levels of wealth, while the 99% are being left behind and are suffering needlessly.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: NthOther

You, however, had never quite gotten there, unfortunately.

Put your ego away, you're in public.

The difference is I'm not playing the hero of my own legend.

I know there are problems but being "woke" doesn't solve # and all its managed to do for you is inflate your ego.

So if we equate questioning the official MSM word and how our reality really words, that make us elitist?

Why does this piss you off so much? Is it better just to believe the official word, thus protecting and deflating our ego? To be blind and content with getting screwed over is a much better way to live?

I understand the usefulness of the contrarian, but you really believe what you type. Do you conspiracy at all?

Sorry for directing these questions directly at you, instead of going for the ball or thread subject. I am just very curious and wish to understand.

Do you honestly think that knowledge isn't power? Or is it simply knowledge you disagree with that is useless?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
oh look, another in a multitude of threads knocking liberals, this should be constructive and help our nation solve a lot of problems

Maybe listen for once and it might.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'm in favour of border security, yes.

I don't think a wall is a good solution to border security because people have invented ladders and ropes.

I would spend money on border security on things that actually help border security, instead of simplistic gestures that don't actually help.

But border security isn't really a 'leftist' political concern, the politics of the left are far more concerned about how the 1% have increasing levels of wealth, while the 99% are being left behind and are suffering needlessly.

You know how Area 51 only has a fence, and yet if anyone comes near it, there's a white pickup ready and waiting?

ETA: And AOC grew up in affluent Westchester. Spare me.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join