It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazmat Crews Respond To BWI Airport After Passengers Report Feeling Ill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Hazmat crews and police responded to BWI airport Tuesday afternoon after several passengers reported feeling ill in the baggage area. According to BWI officials, an investigation determined there was no danger.

This story is developing, stay with WJZ for the latest.

Hazmat Crews Respond To BWI Airport After Passengers Report Feeling Ill

This happened on some passenger jet a while back, except scary symptoms were being reported and with the same results. No danger, nothing to see move along.

With the jets I think the cause was later reported as a problems with the air circulation systems. Lets see if more gets reported about this.

edit on 1-1-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I really hope they just served some bad fish on the flight.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This was in the baggage area of the airport and several people were ill.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Just about all aircraft suffer bleed air leaks at some point. The symptoms can take hours to show up after exposure, depending on your sensitivity and the amount built up in your bloodstream.

There are also fun chemicals used in the airport that can really screw you up. One of our machines, when they required serious cleaning, needed MEK to be used. We, being young, dumb, and invincible, were known to use it in our completely enclosed, only AC vented work area. Not only were we using MEK in fairly large amounts, but some of the applications required the component we were cleaning to be running at full temperature. And these things ran hot.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's living on the edge for sure

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here I come again and it's only 2nd January. What a post, NNNOOOOTTT. please cut out these abbreviations! Say what it is, not BWI, WJZ. What the hell. Why should I have to look up these things. Not everyone knows these abbreviations.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'm still amazed my brain didn't melt.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Lol I had to Google it as well.
K-9 is the funniest US abbreviation, actually takes longer to say than dog with the extra syllable lol

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I heard on the radio this morning that one airport had to shut off its drinking fountains because people got sick wonder if it's BWI ?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

No, it was a different airport.

WFLA-TV reports health officials boarded the plane when it landed at Tampa International Airport on Tuesday afternoon and the sick passengers were removed. Officials say they are being held for observation. The sick passengers were not traveling together. The remaining passengers were kept on the plane for about an hour after it landed. Those passengers deplaned around 4:30 p.m. An airport representative says there is a possibility the affected passengers' illnesses were connected to a drinking fountain. The fountains in the Frontier concourse at the airport have been shut down as a safety precaution.

Six passengers fall ill on flight from Cleveland to Tampa, airport water fountain closed

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Here I come again and it's only 2nd January. What a post, NNNOOOOTTT. please cut out these abbreviations! Say what it is, not BWI, WJZ. What the hell. Why should I have to look up these things. Not everyone knows these abbreviations.

Noted, and Happy New Year to you too

top topics

join