It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bogon activity coming through ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have noticed and was watching over the last 6 months that when I ha my internet browser open I had not activity with ip's trying to come through the Bogons/back from other programs. But as soon a I came on to ATS I saw a dramatic uptick in bogon activity. I am not sure if it is ATS activity for ads or if those ads are being used to enter my computer through bogon/backdoors to look or place harmful material in my computer.

Five of them used UDP protocols and two of then are using IMPG protocols are using since I opened ATS this morning for the last 20 minutes. The souirce IP are 10.0.0.72, 10.0.072.55117/ the last five digits n each one vary 59835, 62517, 55618, 53397. 60063. Should I be allowing these or can I continue to block these?

By the end of this session I have over 20 bogon /backdoors tried to be used.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Interesting. I do have remote access blocked and run adaware quite often along with my antivirus and have not had any detection for the last year. I should check if they are working properly today, My browser has been kicking off a lot saying I should not go to some places so I know that some of the IPs are not good but there is always a chance that I could be hacked.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
OK wnet off of ATS and all bogn activity stopped.

Then I went to my Person to Person protocol and saw a big uptick in activity as computers were trying to get into my by piggy backing my out going and them trying o swing back in the incoming all was blocked. This i normal in P2P protocol though.

Once I ended my P2P all activity stopped. Logged back on to ATS to write this and I have again an Indian private network using something at ATS to try and get through to my computer piggybacking in and out of bogons.

Does ATS use bogons/backdoor activity in ADS or in the site threads to the ATS members computer? Should I allow this?

It is also going through Cisco servers are your servers using Cisco for internet access?
edit on 1/1/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

10.x.x.x ip addresses are non routable.

My guess is .72 is you.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Hopefully this should explain it to you.

What is a private IP address?

TL: DR It is expected behaviour. Unless you really do have a virus.
edit on 1/1/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I once read that ATS is full of tracking software.

This is my bothered face;

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

And immediately after my last post I got an ad promoting tracking software...

It's all because of the ads?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am generally finding massive degradation of ATS performance in the last months.

I'm assuming they are under repeated DDOS attacks.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I am generally finding massive degradation of ATS performance in the last months.

I'm assuming they are under repeated DDOS attacks.

I never have any issues with ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
can you packet filter/ add an ACL for the address range?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was hoping bogon was something like the borg from star trek. To say I'm disappointed would be a great understatement.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
Ats only gets s C+ rating on duck duck go. Hmm. Lots of tracking going on here.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
Ats only gets s C+ rating on duck duck go. Hmm.

I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate please?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

The incoming IP looks like my network but it was a masked IP when I looked deeper into it after I posted the OP. So when I logged into ATS that is when the masked IP tried to get info from my computer. It could be their ads but it also could be something a little more nefarious.

edit on 1/4/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: a325nt

The incoming IP looks like my network but it was a masked IP when I looked deeper into it after I posted the OP. So when I logged into ATS that is when the masked IP tried to get info from my computer. It could be their ads but it also could be something a little more nefarious.

Those are sockets. A socket is a mix of an IP address and a port, maybe you knew that. A socket is created to allow communication.

Why not install Wireshark and do some packet captures?

Upload them to Cloudshark and let's have a look.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

the IP is active on ATS using their tracking software to utilize my ports to try and send info from my computer to India and when I searched for that IP it was being used in a VPN program so it could be going to anywhere unless I can get the VPN being used to give me the true IP. But isn't that what you pay for VPN's to do mask your IP's. I am n ot worried as my program is blocking it. I just notice I can go to my top 20 sites and the only time that this block appears is when I am logged into ATS. No other site I visit has any blocked activity.
edit on 1/4/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join