It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DJI Mavic Pro 11k FT. ON flightradar24 now.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Can that fly from Orange County Airport to Provo Utah on a single battery charge? Or Honolulu to Miami?

Oh oh oh.. ok I see what you're doing.👍
Carry on

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

If it was mostly a fuel tank with wings, and a decent design was made, a scooter battery could do the job. Would all that weight be able to lift with hobby RC plane engines?

I can't do the math but I would keep scaling up until my target lift capacity was met.

Maybe they already make hobby planes that big. Or something similar that you can hodgepodge.

IMO it could be done.

Edit to add:

That's 19lb of thrust at full throttle. I imagine that any of these commercially available models can be tweaked to burn better fuel or be more efficient.

Add 3D printing to the mix and you could build a proven airframe to any scale out of very light and durable materials.

Signal, Guidance and tracking solved, the actual components exist for DIY jet drones. Right down to VR head sets with HUD display for RC pilots.

You could fly it via cellular network. Call it or text it for commands. Anywhere you lack cell coverage you program it to follow a set flight plan.

edit on 1 2 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Example..
m.youtube.com...

Very big drone DJI
m.youtube.com...

😊🤗🤗

No doubt.."It can be done"

yes it can.

Limited though.

edit on 2-1-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I know you guys really really like the idea these are drones, FR24 on twitter has this to say....

While we have recently added the drone icon, this isn’t. The hex code that corresponds to N12345 (actually a drone) seems to be used as a placeholder for new aircraft (and sometimes people even forget to update later on).

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
More:

www.sciencenewsforstudents.org...

Apparently some guy already flew an RC plane over the Atlantic in 2003.

The route was programmed into the computerized autopilot, which automatically adjusted the plane's direction to stay on course. There was also a transmitter on board that sent signals directly to crewmembers on the ground when the plane was within 70 miles of its launch and landing sites.

Edit to add:
Never mind. Zaphod killed our dreams. Crushed them.

In theory you could do it. RC jet drones.

Damn it. Ruined. LoL

edit on 1 2 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I know you guys really really like the idea these are drones, FR24 on twitter has this to say....

While we have recently added the drone icon, this isn’t. The hex code that corresponds to N12345 (actually a drone) seems to be used as a placeholder for new aircraft (and sometimes people even forget to update later on).

mobile.twitter.com...

Heyyyyy... what do ya know.
The one place I didn't check

I paid to get FR24 and never got that message, I checked the Instagram too.
Kudos Zaphod!

Thanks a million

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

GPS spoof maybe

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Per Zaphod..

I know you guys really really like the idea these are drones, FR24 on twitter has this to say.... ~Zaphod

While we have recently added the drone icon, this isn’t. The hex code that corresponds to N12345 (actually a drone) seems to be used as a placeholder for new aircraft (and sometimes people even forget to update later on).~FR24

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
On a 110mph tailwind maybe?

They top out at 45 mph, and have a 7km range extender mod. All radio signal.

I think you can set a gps flightpath on some though.

That sounds like alot of altitude and range combined.

You obviously don’t know how far they can be modded.
You can find drone videos etc online which show modded drones flying quite high.
The drones DJI makes are software limited for speed, distance and altitude.

There’s even a Russian company that sells software to bypass the DJI restrictions, they charge a few hundred per software, and it really drastically increases all capabilities. When you find it, the name is kind of ironic for what they’re selling. I won’t name them or link them because technically it’s illegal in many countries.
I wouldn’t pay the money they’re asking anyway.

DJI puts these restrictions in place because of government regulatory pressure.

Coincidentally DJI also sells solutions to drone problems to governments. Want to enforce a no fly zone? No problem DJI has you covered.

They can take control of your drone and land it where ever they want. Back to where it took off from ie your location which they know, or land where they are and download your footage and flight data. I think LG or some other electronics company provides similar tech.

In Australia they are talking about drone registration.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
We had drone registration here in the US but the President got rid of it because the license was $5 and it cost $1500 per year to process and such. Was a stupid law that created a bunch of Federal employees that are now gone.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I see a meerschaum pipe sitting there as well.

Excellent thread, btw!

Yes, my one and only meerschaum pipe. And I'm still breaking it in.
Leave it to Zap to find out that it was a glitch in the flght24 program.
Does it also mean that they will be showing where my drone goes?

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I see a meerschaum pipe sitting there as well.

Excellent thread, btw!

Yes, my one and only meerschaum pipe. And I'm still breaking it in.
Leave it to Zap to find out that it was a glitch in the flght24 program.
Does it also mean that they will be showing where my drone goes?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join