It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Earth Having a Problem Regulating its Heat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's not so bad now, but a little while ago the heat index in Bangkok was 120 degrees.

The temperature in Thailand is a bit uncomfortable, still, but it was downright sizzling for a little while. Is this heat wave they're experiencing abnormal considering other countries on their lattitude are chilly? Is this a see-saw effect we're witnessing? What came first, the weather or the larger problem? Which is symptom, and which is disease?

wwwa.accuweather.com...

www.wunderground.com...

The planet does seem to be heating up, ocean temps are way up in some very strange places, like the pacific north west. 2 degrees in some places in one month, surface temperature shifts are rarely that pronounced and even stranger the warming trend is moving north..

Of course it just so happens to follow signs of magmatic encroachment on the pacific northwest from two directions, South America and the other long tail of the ring of fire; Japan, Alaska, SE Asia, Australia. See map below.
www.volcanolive.com...

Do the recent seismic events have anything to do with this temperature change? Is it possible that such a great amount of water was subducted during this continuing event, that steam is forcing it's way through cracks in the ocean floor and adding to the heat.

Could this be weather warfare? A continued demonstration of power to the country that simply won't play ball, no matter what? I think that's a possibility that needs to be considered.

The West Coast remains distubingly quiet. I think that's the one place I WANT to see an earthquake, to relieve some of the pressure building up. Meanwhile, St. Helens and Rainier are soaking up magma, filling up, and so is the caldera.

What place in the puzzle does this pattern of erratic heat play, in aptmospheric, ocean, and sub surface interactions? Which link in the global heat chain is kinked? All of them?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was just posting about this on another thread.
It seems logical to me that the earth is heating up from the inside out. Due to the ways energy is being released it is an easy conclusion to come to. I am interested in why. Seems to me that the only thing that could cause that kind of warm up and peak in energy is friction. Is there something else out there besides the sun that is pulling on us, or is the earth moving off axis? A change in rotation could very well cause the warm ups and strange weather. I guess we could have everyone around the world flush their toilets and tell us which way the water is spinning. That would be a fun way to find out if the equater is in the same place.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think there are several possible causes. It could be an increase in radiation entering the core (or a new pattern of refraction within the core), a decrease in polar cooling, a change in the composition of the core, a signifigant change in the weight or other properties of the crust, an increased amount of water loss due to subduction, an unseen electrical phenomenon at the core; natural or otherwise, an evolution of the core's self-sustaining process..surely there are more, and in fact, there are probably so many causes we will never understand them all.

I just hope some human beings are tough enough to survive the coming cataclysm (tommorow or a hundred million years from now). The truth is, most won't even see it coming. They'll be busy watching TV, or chatting about TV, or thinking about TV. Some will be banging their empty little red and blue heads together on ATS.

I assume there are a lot of people who are more interested in the earths functions than in politics or aliens or television. Predictably those people are probably all wearing their helmets already, hiding in their bunkers, eating MREs and playing spades; they're not real keen on warning their fellow man. Why should they be, all they get is scorn and ridicule for their efforts?

No, I think sides have been chosen. There are some who are still trying to warn their fellow men, but you just have to look at ATS to see how they're doing everywhere else - not very well at all. People want their comfortable notions, their immortality complexes, their politics and their entertainment, their cults of personality; they don't want to think about survival because they've been reprogrammed not to.

I really do think the War for the Future began and was lost some time ago. What we're fighting now is the war for control of the past...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
WOW! I realy could not have said it better myself. IT doesnt matter how much you warn them or how much proof you show them, they do not wanna hear it.

I totaly agree with everything you said.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
WOW! I realy could not have said it better myself.

Are you sure?

Originally posted by mrsdudara[/]
IT doesnt matter how much you warn them or how much proof you show them, they do not wanna hear it.

I think you just did!
You said in one sentence what took me several paragraphs, I'd say you did a fine job of saying it better.
Remember your Shakespeare "Brevity is the soul of wit."

Sometimes my words get away with me and I forget the bard's advice. I'm glad the meaning still leaks through though.

Contrary to what some might think based on my earlier post, I'm not a survival nut hunkering down and hoarding canned goods. I'm just someone who's willing to accept what comes, be it hell or high water. I guess I'm kind of in the middle of a tug of war between two segments of society; the ones who want to remake the world, and the ones who want to preserve the world. At this point I'd be happy to see everyone face down in the mud.

top topics

join