It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

NPCs, huh—shows how human you are.

P.S,: cognitive dissonance is the condition here for both sides.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What the Russian trolls understand that seems to go over the head of everyone else is that you can't have Trump without the extreme reactionary opposition to Trump. It is like that effect in the 80s where Howard Stern's ratings were so massively high because the people who despised him listened to him even longer than those who actually liked him. That is also the main principle behind why the DNC and Hillary campaign conspired with the media to prop up Trump as a pied piper candidate to de-stablize and undermine the GOP primaries. They knew the other GOP candidates would react accordingly and help push him into the nomination.

Ol' Trump knows this as well, hence the trolling tweets. He loves the hate, in fact. Trump doesn't care how insane you go in opposition to him as long as you are paying attention to him and keeping his name front and center in the discussion. The best way to defeat Trump in 2020 is stop talking about Trump. Ignore him and he'll self-destruct by being forced to do something so insane just to get the attention back on himself. Then you have beaten him at his own game. Right now, the left is doing the self-destructing and Trump is just sitting back pointing the finger and laughing to himself saying, "see, you might think I'm bonkers but get a load of these nutbars."

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry, still reading the thread, but I simply cannot let this pass...

TDS does not exist, when conservatives talk about TDS they are implying that their exists a medical condition whereby the afflicted individual has a irrational hate towards all things Trump. Now for this to exist as a actual condition then it has to be recognised by medical science as being an actual medical condition. The truth is that it has never been recognised as such by any reputable source so lets just start by dispelling this idea that it is a real thing when its not, at least not in the way conservatives would like to believe it exists.

So, what you are saying is that arteriosclerosis did not exist prior to it's discovery and acceptance in the 20th century? Or maybe cancer did not exist until it was diagnosed in the late 1700s? By that train of thought, perhaps I should sue the researchers into arteriosclerosis, because obviously if they had not discovered it I would have no medical issues, right?

Wrong. Medical issues exist before they are discovered, else there would be nothing there to discover.

Honestly I believe it is a term used when the argument has been lost, the phase "TDS Strikes again" is used often after a criticism is levelled at Trump, its a lazy argument to explain away said criticism.

Actually, I see it used more to try and explain widespread irrational positions that cannot be explained any other logical way that simple, unbridled hatred toward a man for imaginary things he is believed to have done, or even in some cases things the TDS sufferer thinks he will do. That is different than a disagreement; I would not consider a disagreement with policy as in any way indicative of TDS. The key to recognizing it is when someone takes obviously irrational positions, defying obvious facts and data, to try and justify their hatred of all things Trump.

Sort of like you just did when you stated that no medical conditions can exist until discovered by medical researchers.

I will agree it is somewhat of a misnomer, as I was seeing TDS before Trump ever came onto the scene. It seems to have started under Obama actually: anyone who disagreed with any policy or statement of his was immediately branded a racist, regardless of the veracity of their argument. The difference was that rather than opposing Trump with such unbridled lack of logistics, the sufferers endorsed Obama in the same way.

And I use the word "insult" in quite a literal sense because think about what you are actually saying when accusing someone of having TDS. You are essentially saying that because that person doesn't think they way you do then they must be mentally defective in someway. The arrogance of such a statement then is astounding.

You mean like you just did without the acronym?

Obviously, you disagree with those using the term TDS. It then follows that they do not think like you do. However, despite the numerous examples of irrational behavior that we have all seen with individuals sitting in the middle of the street screaming, threatening suicide on Youtube over a lost election, crying uncontrollably over the same, throwing what can only be described as a childish temper tantrum over someone wearing a shirt or hat, openly calling for violence against others due to political support, and literally demanding an end to free speech because a speaker conflicts with their ideology, you still refuse to even admit there may be something medical to search for and try to accuse your opponents of mental instability.

That's getting perilously close to "I'm a peaceful person, and I'll beat the crap out of anyone who says different!"

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Its not as simple as just TDS. Most leftists suffer from both Stockholm syndrome & Munchhausen syndrome, which exasperates their TDS.
Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity. Munchausen syndrome is a factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves.

That is actually a very valid observation IMO. I am familiar with both psychoses, and your explanation makes sense.

I have also, since getting involved in a different thread recently that I have lost the link to, been thinking about the fact that TDS sufferers are actually suffering from displacement issues. That thread mentioned that a researcher had noted similarities in those suffering from TDS and children from broken homes. Follow my reasoning:

A child typically forms a strong bond to both parents. When a family breakup occurs, that bond is stretched to its limits, as they often find themselves torn between alliance to a mother that hates the father and a father who thinks the mother is crazy. Stretching those bonds can cause them to become even stronger, as many such children develop extreme sensitivity toward criticism of either parent.

Should a stepfather be introduced into the equation, that stepfather can be seen as a type of evil impersonator of the actual father, inviting hostility and open, even illogical rebellion.

Now, add in the fact that many broken homes are composed of children and a single mother. While this is not always the case, it is the norm. Many of these single mothers depend on government assistance due to the extreme workload the mothers have to endure between rising a child alone and also making an income.

So from the child's point of view, the father is the friendly fellow they get to spend time with. When they are with their father, a typical father in that situation will go to great lengths to make the child happy; lack of doing so can result in a further limitation of visitation rights. The child associates father with the guy who gives them things they want and pays attention to them. At the same time, the government gives their mother what she needs, so the government becomes, in a way, a parallel to father.

Obama was a very charismatic individual who was very big on providing as much government support as possible. To those unfamiliar with politics, it is no stretch to say he came across as someone who paid attention and gave people things they wanted, the same as an estranged father figure. Furthermore, many of these children grew up in a society that was overly concerned about their feelings and which went to great extents to shield them from failure in any sense.

In other words, Obama became a surrogate estranged father to a generation of very needy people.

Now enter Trump. He replaced Obama, and has a totally different demeanor. He believes that people should have jobs instead of benefits. He believes that people should be allowed to fail so they can become better in the future. He speaks plainly, bluntly much of the time, and rarely stays on script. In short, he is the stepfather to Obama the father. Like any child experiencing the above described trauma, many people undergoing this particular brand of projection are openly and angrily rebelling against the bad man who replaced good father Obama.

Stockholm syndrome seems to have a similar basis. People in captivity come to rely on their captors for even the basics of life, and therefore come to see their captors as providers. Exiting captivity, then becomes a subconscious struggle to accept that the providers are gone and one is again on their own. Munchausen is a response to early childhood development in an environment devoid of normal attention at times when the child is not suffering. The complaints about illness and disease are their way to attract attention, because their early experiences show that nothing else works as well. Some attention and suffering is better than no attention and peace, because humans are inherently social animals.

So your reasoning makes a lot of sense to my train of thought. The same conditions that create Stockholm and Munchausen Syndromes are also at play in TDS.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Are you Americans crazy or something? TDS??? Really? Smfh!
You are making yourselves the laughing stock of the world with stupid 'syndrome' labels for people who are angry about politics, it really is pathetic.
...only in America.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Are you Americans crazy or something? TDS??? Really? Smfh!
You are making yourselves the laughing stock of the world with stupid 'syndrome' labels for people who are angry about politics, it really is pathetic.
...only in America.

Wrap your brain cells around this concept then.

We in America, if ran aground and taken over by the Communist, will be tragic for the entire planet. Both sides of the political coin have players working for the old Oligarchy and that is why the evil side is trying so hard to win. We call them Leftists and RINO leftist. Right Wing means freedom to do what you want with closer to having no Gov at all and freedom to seek happiness as you see fit, within reason, for the entire planet is on the chopping blocks this war.

We in the West and especially the USA ARE the last bastion of personal freedoms. We all see what the old Oligarchy are trying to do to us on that matter.

Either you like the concepts of the Magna Carta that established a path for fairness are you don't is what this boils down to now.

The lines have been drawn.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
Since when is the US in danger of becoming communist? Lmfao, drama much?
You guys seem crazy though, such anger, surely you aren't like that to each other in real life? Y'all seem like 2 sides wanna kill each other online. No other developed nation's people are like that, they are way more chilled.
Even that stupid 'Reeee!' word was invented in the US, referring to specifically US crazy cats in politics...find a Reeee! vid on youtube of a British person 'reeeeing' about politics, I may be waiting some time lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You running out of straw yet?

Noone thinks it's an actual scientifically proven disease.

It's a colloquialism used to describe for the very real reactions seen by all those who hate Trump
for seemingly minor reasons.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Yes - Magna Carta, indeed. Did she die in vain?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I suffer from Sheldon Cooper Syndrome (otherwise known as Autistic spectrum disorder or the mental disorder formally known as aspergers) and i'm sick of all the alphabet diagnoses.

Trump may trigger anxiety but he does not cause anxiety, I was somewhat depressed when he was elected, but he was not the cause of my depression, however the voters did make me feel a bit blue. There are many acronyms to describe Clinton or Trump, but let's reign them in please.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Not a straw man at least two members are saying just because it’s not yet been proven to be a meantal illness doesn’t mean it’s not a mental illness just because there is no proof.

No straw from me buddy

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I assume you understand how strawmen work right?

They were responding to your strawman argument that it was a real mental disease. The whole point is to make people argue about irrelevant things and you succeeded in that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Ok so now why are some of them even listing symptoms of the Syndrome posting links to some quack who also thinks liberalism is a illness and so on. One member even claimed that TDS is linked in to Stockholm Syndrome and muchousens with “most”liberals having the conditions.

Did I somehow force those words into their moths, they could have just said for themselves that they don’t see it as a actual mental illness and take it from there.

I am not making the straw-man.

edit on 2-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Edited
edit on 2-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Am glad you enjoyed the thread.

Always glad...... to call out your hypocrisy

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You guys across the water are having a really hard time understanding that TDS is happening, even the left admits it exists. When they get attacked by their own, because they vehemently disagreed with Trump with 97% of everything he does and says, but 3% of the time they might agree with him because they still have nanometre of intellectual honesty left in them.
When they do they still get attacked by their left allies, because to those with full blown TDS nothing Trump does can ever be positive it must always be spun as a negative or credit given to another.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am struggling to get my head around the political anger, I'll admit.
We have Brexit going on here, the most divisive political issue in my life, but 'reeee' types are rare as hens teeth, people debate and maybe get a bit grumpy, but not psycho.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Not to derail this thread but have you noticed that we brits seem to debate on a slightly calmer level for the most part. I know me and you often clash but we don't start screaming that the other is mentally ill because you like Brexit and I think its a awful idea.

Just a interesting comparison I think.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Mate, I've noticed it myself!
Even when we cross swords it is civil like if we were arguing over a pint and a game of pool in the pub. All the Brit members are the same on ATS, yes we disagree about loads of stuff but meet in the middle in many areas.
The anger in US politics is alien to me, and that stupid 'reeee' thing is ridiculous.

You and I could argue in one thread about politics say, then agree with each other in another, we've done it a few times.
The US anger has to be just an internet thing, surely they are not angry with each other like that in real life...but then see that crazy cat who refused to serve a guy in a vape shop for wearing a Trump Tee-shirt? #ing hilarious!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Do other countries have people who decided that in order to protest the loss of an election, they would assemble pu$$y hats, put them on (in front of children too) and publically parade down the road?

I'm sorry, that's simply not something a sane person would do.

Fred..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join