It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The best example of TDS I know of are the twitter comments underneath every single one of Trump's tweets.

Reading them is quite painful, like a loud Reeeeeeeeeeeeee! sound coming from those marine strength canned air horns you can buy for 5 bucks on amazon.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Forgive me but I really don't think talking about the UK is relevant to this thread.

We are now on page five and nothing has fundamentally changed in this debate, the issue is still the same.

There is no evidence that TDS exists. Its just something thats been made up my first post on this thread still stands.

Still its been a enjoyable debate I guess but I also don't really think that you're going to change how you view TDS and thats fine, I am not hear to change your mind just challenge your views.

Take care.
edit on 1-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So let's say Trump is voted out in 2020, do all their mental health issues related to this suddenly disappear ?

What mental illnesses?

The one that psychiatrist all over the country and probably the world are treating and getting rich off of and yes they are calling it "TDS" and treating as such. You seem to be in major denial of this fact and many in the medical profession tend to disagree with your assumption that TDS doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Environment has a role to play in our views, you don't live in an area where everyday as you go about your daily life you can and do see Trump-Bumper stickers, Red MAGA hats, Trump clothing by his supporters, if somebody is already severely irritated by the totality of the situation they will be further aggravated.

Do I need to post all the videos where this has actually happened where people clearly have metal health issues by their recorded behavior. Like I said earlier in almost every case this goes deeper than just Trump, but at some point PAD or TDS takes them over the edge that they were already close to start.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

The one that psychiatrist all over the country and probably the world are treating and getting rich off of and yes they are calling it "TDS" and treating as such. You seem to be in major denial of this fact and many in the medical profession tend to disagree with your assumption that TDS doesn't exist.

Thats fine.

But you can't prove that, writing doesn't make it true, wanting to to believe it doesn't make it true for that to be true you need to demonstrate actual peer reviewed medical journals from reputable publications that are actually writing that TDS is real. Your opinion is not a fact.

I fully understand and respect that you may wish to believe that TDS is real in the absence of any scientific evidence to support this belief and you are of the opinion then that TDS is real and thats fine. All I am doing is highlighting the other side of that belief in stating that in the absence of any scientific evidence I personally can only conclude that TDS is not a real mental illness along with the other points I articulated in my first post on this thread. I am not in denial I am just being realistic as I see it because I cannot believe in something without having significant evidence to support it first.

Hence am not a particularly religious kinda guy
edit on 1-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah its been forever since I made it in there, since before they started banning people, but yeah it was a bonanza a true marvel in social studies.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

How about you ignore the term TDS for a second? I've already stated in my first post that we're probably mislabeling it, and that it's probably just a symptom of an already existing mental health problem.

The fact remains, whether you want to call it TDS or not, that people are being affected to the point that the mere thought of Trump can cause distress and anxiety.

For one, that is not normal behavior. And two, while it can be attributed to other already known disorders, it doesn't eliminate the fact that Trump seems to be the common thread among them.

So you can call it whatever you want or choose to wait for evidence, I'll believe what my two eyes and brain tells me.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

How about you ignore the term TDS for a second?

Ok....

I've already stated in my first post that we're probably mislabeling it, and that it's probably just a symptom of an already existing mental health problem.

Yeah and I have already said that I don't think it would be surprising to find people with GAD who have had their anxiety exacerbated with Trumps presidency but thats GAD its not that other thing that we're not talking about right now. Also if we are going to go that way with the conversation then you would have to say that claiming someone has TDS just based on a simple online discussion would be obviously absurd because you cannot diagnose GAD (or any mental illness really) like that. So again that would mean that saying things like "TDS strikes again" wouldn't be right.

The fact remains, whether you want to call it TDS or not, that people are being affected to the point that the mere thought of Trump can cause distress and anxiety.

Yeah but that happens everywhere within all walks of life I feel like we are now moving from talking about TDS to talking about generalised anxiety disorder which are different and not the result of Trump but just the result of well....being unfortunate enough to be afflicted with such a disorder.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I've already stated in my first post that we're probably mislabeling it, and that it's probably just a symptom of an already existing mental health problem.

Exactly, we're just seeing it taken to human limits the past decade.

Someone mentioned Stockholm & Munchausen Syndromes, and those dynamics factor it, although that the subject of just about every government ever; an ongoing condition in human affairs.

Note in a recent thread I pointed out that political partisanship parallels drug addiction, using that same citation I provided herein.

Although that study focused on partisanship, rest assured the same results could be found no matter the mass group identity / ideology.

Tribalism it is, groupthink its essence.

And according to drug addiction counselors addiction is a disease. Which when you look at the effect tribalism has on the world (its essentially EVERYthing thats wrong with "the world") there could be no greater example.

Especially when the elite masters the world over and across history, whose agendas ensure mass scale blight and anguish, the fact that the key to their manipulation of everyone is Engineered Tribalism, there could be no greater bowl of pudding of this idea of disease.

Meaning we're all being abused, EVERYONE is has been being abused. On the grand scale. Which in recent years has had me pondering how insights the likes of guidance counselors in abusive relationships might come into play into necessity even in the human race ever reaching towards actual mass sanity.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have not donned a pu$$y hat and protested about the fact that Killary lost. No one I know did. When Obummer won, we simply swallowed our loss and went on.

An example of TDS is first MAKING a pu$$y hat, then walking the streets with it on, simply protesting that Killary lost.

There is no real result from it. There is no chance for any real result from it. So, the entire effort was a complete and utter exercise in futility.

Better known as TDS.

Fred..

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

TDS is just a buzzword that has lost all meaning, no different than Nazis and racists. And just like Nazis and racists, actual TDS is probably few and far between. I'll even give you and others the benefit of the doubt and say y'all are just rabid Trump-haters addicted to the dopamine. Can also be said about the other side, myself included.

But make no mistake, people are mentally suffering at the mere thought of Trump, TDS or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ok so let me try to make this simple.

Question:

Do you believe that TDS is a actual mental illness?

If no then what is the point of this thread?

If yes can you prove it using proper sources?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is 100% real. No, it isn't a mental illness. I'm not sure anyone has ever made that claim. It is exactly what it states, a SYNDROME. A syndrome, in case you aren't familiar, is a group of symptoms that appear together, and are caused by something in particular.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a syndrome whereby those who are manipulated by the media and cannot think for themselves, or those who are extremely emotionally averted to Donald Trump, actually have symptoms that flare up with the mentioning of Donald Trump. In some cases, the symptoms flare up anytime Trump is mentioned. In other cases, if they see the MAGA hats, or apparel with Trump/Presidential items on it, that can bring out symptoms. In other cases, if they have about the success of our President, that causes flare ups.

The symptoms are usually extreme emotional instability, anger, hatred, confusion, depression, paranoia, anxiety, sleeplessness, fear, and a host of other emotional and physical symptoms associated with the emotional symptoms.

You don't need a study or journal to prove TDS exists. All you have to do is witness it first hand, or read the thousands of accounts of it online....or watch the millions of videos of snowflakes displaying TDS. It is 100% real, and self-evident.

[Edit #1]: I obviously wrote this rather quickly, so I didn't go into detail regarding the symptoms....but another symptom I wanted to highlight is violent tendencies. I've actually witnessed this in person, where someone was wearing a MAGA hat, and another person FLIPPED OUT. One minute they were talking to their friends, completely normal, and the next they were screaming, yelling, and trying to attack the person wearing the hat. In my 33 years, I've NEVER seen anything like it. Hell, I've seen bikers drive through with nazi signs on their helmets, and they get less of a reaction. When I saw this, I couldnt' believe my eyes. A seemingly normal person became unhinged and went from 0 to 100 in a matter of milliseconds. The person wearing the MAGA hat actually had to apologize, take off the hat, and leave, for fear of further "offending" this person.

That wasn't an isolated incident, unfortunately. I've even seen friends I've known for years, in some cases decades, go absolutely nuts when Trump is mentioned. TDS is very real, it isn't a joking matter, although I know it is often used jokingly or mockingly. It is a very real syndrome that is affecting our populace, in ways I don't think ANY of us predicted.

I can fully understand people having different political views, and I even understand some people being emotionally invested in their political ideas or affiliations....but again, this is something ENTIRELY different. The type of behavior I've seen in the past few years at the mention of Trump is something you would only expect in the movies.
edit on 1/1/2019 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

de·ranged
/dēˈrānjd,dəˈrānjd/
adjective
mad; insane.
synonyms: insane, mad, disturbed, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, irrational;

Every time I read the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" I keep thinking the obvious definition is the disease the President suffers from that is spread to his supporters through twitter.

The President does not appear mentally healthy or at least not sufficiently so to perform the duties of his office competently.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well there are also people suffering from deranged trump supporter syndrome as well. Seems like over half of this site has turned in to trump supporters and I do think it has a lot to do with trump lining himself up with Alex Jones and therefore getting the countries conspiracy theorist support. Smart move I'll give him that.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

I’ve seen dozens of cases where the easily-manipulated claim that a MAGA hat is a ‘symbol of hate’
When other easily-manipulated NPC’s hear this they instantly believe it and their cognitive dissonance doesn’t allow them to be shown any different.
When a low-iq low-info totally-moronic NPC sees what they (wrongly) believe to be a ‘symbol of hate’ that their fascist left-wing leaders have told them to rally against, they lose all control.

Like a four year old.

‘Make America Great Again’, how can that possibly be considered ‘hateful’?

Oh that’s right. Fingers in ears and .... “REEEEEEEE”
edit on 1 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

link   
repeat..... sorry
edit on 1-1-2019 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

link   
repeat.... sorry

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
repeat sorry

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

de·ranged
/dēˈrānjd,dəˈrānjd
adjective
mad; insane.
synonyms: insane, mad, disturbed, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, irrational;

Every time I read the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" I keep thinking the obvious definition is the disease the President suffers from that is spread to his supporters through twitter.

The President does not appear mentally healthy or at least not sufficiently so to perform the duties of his office competently.

Go look at the comments of Trump's Twitter to see the ultimate in deranged.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join