It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Look at your own words:

The left's descriptor for people defending the truth.

The implication being that because there are insane TDS liberals (there are) therefore Trump is The Truth, and must be defended.

That's religious grade talk, which in practice someone that normally corrects (even ridicules) these types and their mania the moment I step out of line about Trump whamo I get the heretic treatment.

Newton's Third Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

And thats how the MSM is playing everybody. Fox had the "right" doing the same thing against Obama out the gates (although generally for the wrong reasons) to help set their lot quickly into cult status. The left's MSM using that as fuel to push them there. Then when it came Trump's time the roles switched and viola. Before that it was the "liberal" MSM pushing their people to smear Bush people (which of course a few years later Obama was doing the same things Bush was supposed to get creamed for). And on and on thats the pattern to ever increasing cultishly polarized society. It's divide & conquet stewed to perfection where we're all the grains of salt & pepper being dissolved.

I think I have misunderstood what you are trying to get accross... Apologies.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Ok so let me try to make this simple.

Question:

Do you believe that TDS is a actual mental illness?

If no then what is the point of this thread?

If yes can you prove it using proper sources?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What I'm saying is if you're outright denying it's existence due to a lack of "official" evidence, or relying on an outdated book to explain something that could very well be a new-age phenomenon, is foolish. Nobody knew about mental health until we knew about mental health.

What we are witnessing with Trump is unprecedented and not even comparable to the things you mentioned.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

What I'm saying is if you're outright denying it's existence due to a lack of "official" evidence

And what you're saying is that you're willing to believe its existence without any evidence because it might be real....

I mean I also deny the existence of magic pixies steeling kids teeth from under their pillows at night due to a lack of "official" evidence.

relying on an outdated book to explain something that could very well be a new-age phenomenon, is foolish.

No the DSM is basically thee go to book for psychiatrists. Its got more to support it than any claim that TDS is a real mental illness.

What we are witnessing with Trump is unprecedented

On that we can agree, friend.
edit on 1-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: mtnshredder

So respectfully while you may chose to believe that TDS exists as a real mental illness myself along with established medical science disagree with you.

To the contrary actually, no, all of the medical science community doesn't disagree with me. There's lots of Dr's in the medical profession that see TDS as a very real mental illness and are treating it as such. If you do your homework, I think you will find more truth to that fact than you believe. Have a read below and tell me if any of it sounds familiar. There's plenty more on the net besides the links I posted if you care to dig. These observations from the medical community seems pretty dead on and accurate to me and what do you know, it's right in alignment with the definition of psychosis.

Will TDS find its way in a medical journal this year? IDK, I doubt it, but don't think for a second that TDS and its symptoms are not already in every medical journal published, just not labeled as such.

PSYCHIATRIST: TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME IS REAL – AND SERIOUS
Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D., offers stunning new analysis of today's left-wing mindset

Read more at www.wnd.com...

One such syndrome has been especially prominent since the 2016 presidential election. Certain kinds of reactions to the victor of that event have earned the label Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS. A close look at it can be instructive.

Like past versions (Bush Derangement Syndrome, for example), the TDS is notable for its intense subjective distress. Persons suffering from a TDS experience high levels of agitation and fear about their own safety and about future prospects for a good life. The sufferer may also fear more broadly for the survival of whole nations and even for life on our planet. In fact, it is not unusual for a patient with a Trump Derangement Syndrome to predict apocalyptic events in the near future. These expected disasters are attributed to the predicted actions of Donald Trump in his role as president of the United States. In that role he is seen as an especially destructive individual bent on wreaking havoc on a highly vulnerable world.

In addition to fear and related symptoms, anger and rage are prominent in this syndrome. In the present case, Trump is hatefully portrayed as a diabolically villainous perpetrator of evil deeds. Calls for his death or torture or for harm to his family are not unusual and may even be displayed with pride.

What is most striking in these syndromes, however, is not the quality and degree of emotional upset. What is most striking is the extent to which individuals suffering from the syndrome distort their perceptions of real world events, especially events in economic, social and political realms. Most prominent among those distortions is the intensely negative bias in perceptions of America in general, and of Donald Trump in particular. According to TDS sufferers, neither Trump nor America can do anything good economically, socially or politically, and neither has redeeming features.

Read more at www.wnd.com...

www.wnd.com... nt-syndrome-is-real-and-serious/

What Is Trump Derangement Syndrome?
According to Dr. Derek Von Bodenheimer, TDS is a mental illness that causes otherwise rational individuals to completely lose their minds whenever President Donald Trump speaks, tweets, or sneezes. “People who suffer from TDS lose all sense of reality when confronted with conversations about the president, or even when they meet one of his supporters,” Bodenheimer said. “Even a slight agreement with one of his policies is liable to trigger this person. They go absolutely bonkers.”

When asked if the term “bonkers” is a viable medical term, Bodenheimer said, “Yeah, sure. As soon as Trump was elected, we added it to our lexicon because we knew it was one of the most effective ways to describe the reactions of people with TDS.”

TDS manifests itself in many different ways, and there are several different symptoms of the illness. It is important that you can spot these quirks if you are going to know how to identify whether or not a loved one is experiencing this ailment.

Business Booms for Therapists Dealing With Trump Derangement Syndrome
‘There is a fear of the world ending. It’s very disorienting and constantly unsettling….

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So I done a quick google of the guy who wrote that and get this, Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D., actually believes that liberalism is a mental disorder.

This is why I am looking for peer reviewed stuff from actual reputable publications and not some quack on WMD.com trying to sell a few books.

I also tried to find out more about Dr. Derek Von Bodenheimer but I found nothing he could be literally Dr Victor Von Doom for all I know
edit on 1-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It might be, but honestly I think it triggered problems that were already there in another form.
So let's say Trump is voted out in 2020, do all their mental health issues related to this suddenly disappear ?

It's like stitches holding an ugly wound together, if Hillary won the stitches stayed, when Trump won they got ripped painfully and expectantly out and stayed with that open wound that the media keeps putting things into that makes it really painful to endure, either way it's going to leave a scar now.

edit on 1-1-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

And what you're saying is that you're willing to believe its existence without any evidence because it might be real....

No, what I'm saying is I'm not naive enough to dismiss something due to the lack of current evidence. Especially as it pertains to the human condition. Did I mention the term TDS is like 2 years old?

No the DSM is basically thee go to book for psychiatrists. Its got more to support it than any claim that TDS is a real mental illness.

Without even reading the book, or knowing when it was published, I can guarantee you many "facts" from the book has changed or evolved over time.

Like I said before, science is NEVER set it stone.

edit on 1-1-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So let's say Trump is voted out in 2020, do all their mental health issues related to this suddenly disappear ?

What mental illnesses?

I mean sure someone with Generalised Anxiety disorder will be more on edge if they latch onto Trump doom news and that might make things worse for them but that GAD. Its not TDS.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Look at your own words:

The left's descriptor for people defending the truth.

The implication being that because there are insane TDS liberals (there are) therefore Trump is The Truth, and must be defended.

That's religious grade talk, which in practice someone that normally corrects (even ridicules) these types and their mania the moment I step out of line about Trump whamo I get the heretic treatment.

Newton's Third Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

And thats how the MSM is playing everybody. Fox had the "right" doing the same thing against Obama out the gates (although generally for the wrong reasons) to help set their lot quickly into cult status. The left's MSM using that as fuel to push them there. Then when it came Trump's time the roles switched and viola. Before that it was the "liberal" MSM pushing their people to smear Bush people (which of course a few years later Obama was doing the same things Bush was supposed to get creamed for). And on and on thats the pattern to ever increasing cultishly polarized society. It's divide & conquet stewed to perfection where we're all the grains of salt & pepper being dissolved.

In other words, you are saying there is no truth except that which gives you joy, and that both sides are the same.
Fortunately not everyone is deluded like you are. You have lost the ability to know what the truth of any situation because of your own spiritual decay and blackness/bitterness of your own heart.

The Truth is that humans when self-adhered to tribalist groups the the same sets of attitudes, behaviors and most importantly of all the same self-deception complex all manifest. Read my citation, if you dare.

I'm one of the few not subject to that scientifically proven self-deception complex because it flows from group solidarity where I'm not part of any group. Its the only true path to Truth.

This surety is called the confirmation bias, whereby we seek and find confirmatory evidence in support of already existing beliefs and ignore or reinterpret disconfirmatory evidence. Now a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study shows where in the brain the confirmation bias arises and how it is unconscious and driven by emotions. Psychologist Drew Westen led the study, conducted at Emory University, and the team presented the results at the 2006 annual conference of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology.

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said. www.scientificamerican.com...

Ever since I saw that in 2006 I've been carrying on about it, its been my guiding light, and I'll never stop harping about it.

edit on 1-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

No, what I'm saying is I'm not naive enough to dismiss something due to the lack of current evidence. Did I mention the term TDS is like 2 years old?

Its not about dismissing it, there is zero evidence to support its existence and we have to work on the science that we have so based on our current understanding TDS does not exist. Could that change in a few years time, sure but I wouldn't be clinging onto that as a defence for your believe that TDS exists if it where me. I suppose my lottery numbers might come up next week but am not going to go out buy a new Aston Martin just yet.

Sure its 2 years old, but it originates as I understand it form the "Clinton Crazies" so thats what 18, 19 years and its never been proven to be a real medical condition.

Without even reading the book, or knowing when it was published, I can guarantee you many "facts" from the book has changed or evolved over time.

Yup there have been many editions over the years and it changes quite a bit as it moves with the science and best practice evidence.

Like I said before, science is NEVER set it stone.

Again, totally agree with you on this, but that does not mean that we are going to be flying through space in Warp-Ships any time soon. It could change, someone could prove that TDS exists, there could be dozens of papers written on it, full treatment plans and a nice few paragraphs in the DSM. That however is a massive could, it in no way proves that TDS is real or that it ever will be proven to be real.

We have to work with what we knowledge we have available and right now we don't have anything that supports the idea that TDS is a real mental illness so until that changes we can only conclude that its just not real. Its basically what I said it was in my first post.

....Might be an idea to stop saying it.

But if you want to believe that those whose politics you disagree with have a mental illness that has zero scientific backing you go for it just don't expect me to agree with you or expect the science to agree with you.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The better term is “Trump Anxiety Disorder”.

Trump May Not Be Crazy, But the Rest of Us Are Getting There Fast

THERAPISTS COIN NEW TERM: TRUMP ANXIETY DISORDER

edit on 1-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Thanks for posting that makes for quite a interesting read.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

As I said and I guarantee you, symptoms associated with what's being called TDS is in every medical and psychiatric journal available, just not labeled "TDS". Knowledgehunter has tried more than once to explain the same thing to you. I would even go as far as to say, if you were to deny the fact that the symptoms of TDS were not clinically founded, you probably suffer from TDS yourself.
edit on 1-1-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What if there is a new disorder that applies to both sides equally "Political Anxiety Disorder" and it is relatively new to us let's say it started with the 2000 election that Gore was suppose to win but lost to Bush. When Obama won there were some pretty upset people with this PAD, they had extreme anxiety that Obama was going to take all their guns and erase the 2nd amendment. If Hillary would have won I think you would have seen the reverse emotional situation with the right, HDS.

I think the people that allow this to dominate relationships with family and friends have crossed the line into mental issues.
Anybody with proper mental health doesn't stop talking and associating with there family because they do or don't support Trump.

Your so far away from America, I don't expect you to fully understand anyways....

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You show classic symptoms of what this thread talks about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

01: When in doubt Deflect.
03: Lets Play a Word Game!
05: DEFEND! DEFEND! DEFEND!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

As I said and I guarantee you, symptoms associated with what's being called TDS is in every medical and psychiatric journal available, just not labeled "TDS".

Yeah thats because they're not TDS they are mostly anxiety disorders....

you probably suffer from TDS yourself.

Oppps there is, run out of arguments so claim the other guy might be mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Am glad you enjoyed the thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

What if there is a new disorder that applies to both sides equally "Political Anxiety Disorder"

I mean I guess at a stretch thats a possibility but its still a pretty big IF.

Your so far away from America, I don't expect you to fully understand anyways....

Hang on you mean only Americans get TDS then??

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No, but proximity is a determining factor in it taking hold.

I mean how many Red hats or Trump bumper stickers have you seen out in public in the UK ?
edit on 1-1-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join