It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To be fair, not everyone suffers from TDS. But it's definitely real.

Maybe we're labeling it wrong. Maybe it's just a symptom of suffering from mental health in general. Pretty sure that's where TDS is derived from.

From my observation, those that show signs of it are usually very naive, insecure and mentally weak.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Personally, I think you're all crazy. All of you!

Not me though

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
wow thats a lot of TDS in one country, God help the infected
edit on 1 1 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Another one, sad and funny at the same time.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

About the only thing I concern myself with is the idiots doing things that would impact me.

Yeah, his name is Donald J. Trump and his ever shrinking administration of morons.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: mtnshredder

No its not.

You just gave a dictionary definition for psychosis which is very basic but its also not the same as a definition of TDS. If you want to prove that TDS is a real diagnosable mental illness then you have a bit more work to do.

First you need to find peer reviewed journals that demonstrate it exists from reputable publications, you then also need to have it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders for it to be recognised fully by the medical profession.

So respectfully while you may chose to believe that TDS exists as a real mental illness myself along with established medical science disagree with you.

Do you realize how complex the human condition is? It's probably akin to understanding the universe and the meaning of life. AKA we barely (and probably never will) know s# about it.

Just because it hasn't *yet* been officially diagnosed, doesn't mean it can't be real. Mental health in general is almost new-age in how we look at it, perceive it, and understand it -- and we're just barely scratching the surface. Everyday we discover something we thought didn't exist or wasn't possible.

The term TDS is like, what, 2 years old? Do you know how much time and research is needed before you can actually write a credible review?

And just like mental health, SCIENCE is never set in stone and only evolves as our understanding evolves with it.

So from my point of view, those that deny TDS are either lazy, ignorant, or are scared they may suffer from it themselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ok I get the idea of those that are illogically frothing at the mouth and going crazy about trump having TDS.
Some have lost the plot.

However what pissed me of is people using the TDS to suppress any VALID critism of trump.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
My small business is growing fast, I’m demented with trump! He really should do like obummer and play king. He has the pen now, build that wall!!

And a phone
Dont forget the phone

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter
Ok I get the idea of those that are illogically frothing at the mouth and going crazy about trump having TDS.
Some have lost the plot.

However what pissed me of is people using the TDS to suppress any VALID critism of trump.

Some have lost the plot.

Most have lost their minds and/or their sanity
Exactly what the OP is about.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Its not as simple as just TDS. Most leftists suffer from both Stockholm syndrome & Munchhausen syndrome, which exasperates their TDS.
Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity. Munchausen syndrome is a factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves.

People who vote for career politicians have a psychological alliance with their captors, who are mostly leftist career politicians (Democrats & Republicans). These people then feign psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves in a leftist eco-chamber.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Political smearing in general is deranged. A word that applies to the majority of this subforum.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I just sit back and observe all the hatred directed at Trump, and all the lies in the media, and the mass manipulation of stories made to rile up those who hate Trump, who then become even more riled up and who then make more and more disparaging remarks about Trump, and Trump supporters, and they use violence, and advocate violence using every kind of tool available.

And then they say that the opposite is true and it's all Trump's fault, and anyone defending him is guilty of everything the left is actually doing and advocating.

Pathetic human beings not even worthy of an ounce of mercy at this point. You will indeed receive all that you deserve in the end, every single one of you, and so will everyone else at your expense.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Trump Derangement Syndrome is an NPC super-boost bonus - its the highest bonus awarded to an NPC because it gives the option that they might go viral on YT and break momentarily from the hive collective.

The Hi-Vis hermaphrodite sky screamer is an example of one such NPC with TDS.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Look at your own words:

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The left's descriptor for people defending the truth.

The implication being that because there are insane TDS liberals (there are) therefore Trump is The Truth, and must be defended.

That's religious grade talk, which in practice someone that normally corrects (even ridicules) these types and their mania the moment I step out of line about Trump whamo I get the heretic treatment.

Newton's Third Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

And thats how the MSM is playing everybody. Fox had the "right" doing the same thing against Obama out the gates (although generally for the wrong reasons) to help set their lot quickly into cult status. The left's MSM using that as fuel to push them there. Then when it came Trump's time the roles switched and viola. Before that it was the "liberal" MSM pushing their people to smear Bush people (which of course a few years later Obama was doing the same things Bush was supposed to get creamed for). And on and on thats the pattern to ever increasing cultishly polarized society. It's divide & conquet stewed to perfection where we're all the grains of salt & pepper being dissolved.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So you're argument if I am understanding is essentially that just because TDS has not yet been recognised doesn't mean that it won't be recognised in future.

I have a few problems with that line of thought.

Firstly it does not take away from the point that TDS doesn't have any real science to support it, it also ignore alls of the problems that come with the use of the phrase I highlighted in my first post. So there is that.

Now there is also the problem with the argument itself, saying just because its not a real condition yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist while true also has one big problem. It means that right now it does not exit so you acknowledge that right now TDS does not exist in any official capacity by default. We have to work with the science we have and a argument act boils down to saying one day we might prove it doesn't really mean much because one day I might prove that I am the hair to the Crown. TDS is just like the "Clinton Crazies", "Obama Crazies" or whatever else you want....none have every been recognised as a genuine mental illness.

So what I have been saying still holds true, if you want to believe that something called TDS exists then go for it, I am not hear to try to stop you. If you want to go all in on TDS being real go for it, just remember that saying "ahhh TDS strikes again' isn't a counterargument and also remember that you are choosing to believe in its existence in the absence of any science to prove its existence.

edit on 1-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Political smearing in general is deranged. A word that applies to the majority of this subforum.

"If thy eye offendeth thee , ..."
The Bible

edit on 1/1/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/1/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

CNN's report today, on what to expect in 2019: "The biggest danger to America this year is in the Situation Room of the White House. They are not prepared for threats to our nation."

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Its not as simple as just TDS. Most leftists suffer from both Stockholm syndrome & Munchhausen syndrome, which exasperates their TDS.

Show me actual proof that:

A) TDS exists. Actual scientific proof from peer reviewed reputable publications.
B) Most liberals have Stockholm syndrome.
C) Most Liberals have Munchousen Syndrome
D) That the three above are linked.

Good luck.
edit on 1-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Look at your own words:

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The left's descriptor for people defending the truth.

The implication being that because there are insane TDS liberals (there are) therefore Trump is The Truth, and must be defended.

That's religious grade talk, which in practice someone that normally corrects (even ridicules) these types and their mania the moment I step out of line about Trump whamo I get the heretic treatment.

Newton's Third Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

And thats how the MSM is playing everybody. Fox had the "right" doing the same thing against Obama out the gates (although generally for the wrong reasons) to help set their lot quickly into cult status. The left's MSM using that as fuel to push them there. Then when it came Trump's time the roles switched and viola. Before that it was the "liberal" MSM pushing their people to smear Bush people (which of course a few years later Obama was doing the same things Bush was supposed to get creamed for). And on and on thats the pattern to ever increasing cultishly polarized society. It's divide & conquet stewed to perfection where we're all the grains of salt & pepper being dissolved.

In other words, you are saying there is no truth except that which gives you joy, and that both sides are the same.
Fortunately not everyone is deluded like you are. You have lost the ability to know what the truth of any situation because of your own spiritual decay and blackness/bitterness of your own heart.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump Derangement Syndrome: Unhappiness caused by the election of Donald Trump to the Presidency of the United States. Sufferers display an inordinate loathing for and preoccupation with Donald Trump. The grief and distress they suffer is real.
Example:
Paula: "But it's not fair, and it doesn't make any sense!"Mack (her husband): "Honey, stop blogging and come to bed!" Paula: "I hate Trump! I just hate him!" Mack aside: "I wish there was something I could do to help Paula with her TDS. She just seems so unhappy. When is it going to end?"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join