It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yeah but TDS, It goes both ways....

So let me add to this a little bit.

TDS does not exist, when conservatives talk about TDS they are implying that their exists a medical condition whereby the afflicted individual has a irrational hate towards all things Trump. Now for this to exist as a actual condition then it has to be recognised by medical science as being an actual medical condition. The truth is that it has never been recognised as such by any reputable source so lets just start by dispelling this idea that it is a real thing when its not, at least not in the way conservatives would like to believe it exists.

So what is it then.

Honestly I believe it is a term used when the argument has been lost, the phase "TDS Strikes again" is used often after a criticism is levelled at Trump, its a lazy argument to explain away said criticism. I say its lazy because what is essentially happening is that those using the phase are using it to discredit the argument being made based on some fictitious condition they have dreamt up. When its looked at from this perspective, which is the perspective of those the phase is targeted at then it comes off as just a stupid childish insult that in no way negates whatever the criticism is.

And I use the word "insult" in quite a literal sense because think about what you are actually saying when accusing someone of having TDS. You are essentially saying that because that person doesn't think they way you do then they must be mentally defective in someway. The arrogance of such a statement then is astounding.

All of this then undermines your argument when someone starts chucking around the around the TDS badge.

Additionally like I said at the top the phase TDS could swing both ways, I could say that TDS is just a irrational inability to recognise any criticism of Trump and defend everything he does. But I wouldn't do that because I recognise that its a utterly stupid argument.

People have lots of very valid and real reasons for criticising Trump, now I do not think for one second that all of it is warranted but at the same time I recognise that much of it is.

So how about next time instead of just saying someone has TDS when you don't like what they're saying you take the time to go get a better argument.
edit on 1-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
What? Who put such deranged thoughts in your head son? Am hate radio? a reply to: Breakthestreak

Lol am hate radio, thats funny.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
Speaking your mind is what the First Amendment is all about. All sides of a story or issue.

The far left thinks that no one else should be "allowed" to have any other opinion.

Like Chuck Todd.

www.breitbart.com...

FOLLOW THE MONEY.

fullmeasure.news...

Fred..

When they see or hear something they don’t want to see or hear, Conservatives simply don’t look, don’t listen, change the channel, don’t but the ticket etc.

Liberals can NOT do that. If they see or hear something that they personally, as an ‘individual’, do not like, they call for it to be banned so that NOBODY can see or hear it.

Like fascists do.

And that tweet is funny as hell. There’ll be some REEEEEEEEEEEE going on because of it.

The existence of both this thread and your reply prove this to be a lie.

Stop lying to yourself.

How so?
If a lib could they’d remove this thread in a millisecond.

You know that to be true

How many tweets, posts etc are deleted because of leftists? And ONLY because of leftists.
How many public speaking events and tv shows are cancelled because of leftists? And ONLY because of leftists.

You’re the liar

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is nothing more than Spoiled Brat Syndrome.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nvm

edit on 1-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
Speaking your mind is what the First Amendment is all about. All sides of a story or issue.

The far left thinks that no one else should be "allowed" to have any other opinion.

Like Chuck Todd.

www.breitbart.com...

FOLLOW THE MONEY.

fullmeasure.news...

Fred..

When they see or hear something they don’t want to see or hear, Conservatives simply don’t look, don’t listen, change the channel, don’t but the ticket etc.

Liberals can NOT do that. If they see or hear something that they personally, as an ‘individual’, do not like, they call for it to be banned so that NOBODY can see or hear it.

Like fascists do.

And that tweet is funny as hell. There’ll be some REEEEEEEEEEEE going on because of it.

The existence of both this thread and your reply prove this to be a lie.

Stop lying to yourself.

How so?
If a lib could they’d remove this thread in a millisecond.

You know that to be true

How many tweets, posts etc are deleted because of leftists? And ONLY because of leftists.
How many public speaking events and tv shows are cancelled because of leftists? And ONLY because of leftists.

You’re the liar

The OP is about the actions of other people that trigger him. Your post said conservatives ignore it and move on.

The existence of this thread, and now your second post proves that to be a lie.

Stop lying to yourself.

Its funny, this thread is about "tds" but how many "the left" and "the libz" so far?

I do see an unhealthy obsession, but it's likely not what you think it is.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Goats all over butting heads. What goat are you betting on to win the butting contest? MSM is losing credibility along with the Democratic party that is following along with the lies. Trump may be losing somewhat because he is a powerful goat, but who gains from all this.....The Republican party is gaining, they are not telling so many lies or spreading leaked information against the White House. I think that in the next election, people are going to be made aware of all the lies and the Democrats will wind up losing because the Republicans will be exposing their involvement and some of the main Democratic congressmen will be losing their positions to Republicans when they are exposed for doing things not good for the American People.

The strange part is that these Media articles actually have disclaimers that show the headlines are just an opinion of some person or are an interpretation of evidence that might not be true. Yet the Democrats in our society are not reading far enough into the article and do not believe the paragraph that disclaims it's possibly being real.

Big Pharma does this in commercials, listing side effects of the meds they are promoting and people think they have to say these rare things so they do not pay attention. The negative effects of those drugs are real, often the side effects are much worse than the benefit and total side effect possibilities are often high. But people have been programmed to ignore this kind of truth....just like in politics in media. Don't just read the headlines and first paragraph, read the whole article and be aware of the disclaimers the media puts in there.

I think that our government is trying to program us not to listen to the truth if it is told, this is disturbing, the media is actually working with them causing nobody to trust anything other than specific evidence. This would have to be set up by a powerful think tank, Trump is not smart enough to do this on his own.

I just can't believe that the people high in our government and the press is that stupid to be parroting lies without an agenda. I could be wrong though, these high ranking people may just believe we are that dumb to believe their twisting of things without question and are so stuck on themselves that they cannot see there are some smart Americans out there that can decipher this scandal.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What about Trump Bootlicking Syndrome (TBS)?

Scary stuff!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Wow. Just. wow.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Anything he disagrees with

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Scary stuff!

The left's descriptor for people defending the truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
When I think of trump derangement syndrome, I think about how it applies to people suspending their core beliefs of right and wrong.

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

When I think of TDS, I think of people like you who suffer from a permanent lapse of reason. I want to believe there is hope for TDS sufferers, but most seem to consumed with desperation, hate and hopelessness for any form of salvation.

Of course I have no concept of right or wrong, so what do I know, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am not talking about balanced legitimate criticism of Trump, such as when he treats long standing allies with disdain and insults them over trade conflicts, or other things like that.

Here this person explains it better

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Scary stuff!

I never see Trump wearing boots, Melania did though on their trip to see the soldiers in Iraq. Now, I might lick her boots.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong there are some people who are just flat out morons who will flame him not matter what, he could run into a burning orphanage and save 20 babies and his detractors would say that he only done it to make himself look good and he set the fire in the first place.

Now those people are just being daft, they don't have some made up condition they're just blinded by politics in the way some Trump supporters didn't think there was anything wrong with him issuing a ban on transgenders joining the military via twitter (a example not wanting a debate).

Neither groups have mental health condition (directly tied to their politics) its just that their politics just isn't all that well developed in my view.

I understand what you might be getting at but in its most literal interpretation, that some Trump detractors have a mental illness called TDS is in my view entirely false and it is not backed by science.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's easier to be angry and be bitter than admit that an ideology you embrace might be wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

The OP is about the actions of other people that trigger him.

It doesn't trigger me at all, in fact just the opposite of what people might think.
When I see a person with a red hat on or a Trump bumper sticker I think-
"Why would this person set themselves to be a potential victim of TDS?"
But It doesn't upset me at all either way.

And if people freak out, I certainly won't freak out with them, I will deescalate and walk away.
Because I know one day they will freak on the wrong person and get theirs.

I do feel bad for the people that have long standing relationships ending over political differences or have cut off all communication with family members over Trump- that sounds like TDS to me.
edit on 1-1-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Actually thats my descriptor for people that are the inverse of TDS (most Republican's / Trump "supporters"). It comes naturally with this partisan mass group identity / ideology stuff, as it does with religion, where the extremes in persecution from the one side prompts the other to similar grade extremes of 'defense' (fundamentalism) from the other. So now its long ago to where any valid criticism of Trump is immediately brushed off as "TDS" (even if it isnt someone from the left).

This surety is called the confirmation bias, whereby we seek and find confirmatory evidence in support of already existing beliefs and ignore or reinterpret disconfirmatory evidence. Now a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study shows where in the brain the confirmation bias arises and how it is unconscious and driven by emotions. Psychologist Drew Westen led the study, conducted at Emory University, and the team presented the results at the 2006 annual conference of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology.

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said. www.scientificamerican.com...

It just our nature, we pitiful humans, and our rulers know it and exploit it. Billions per year are spent studying our nature and how to manipulate us all, and it comes in the form of the Two Party + MSM System. Which today is called The Trump Show. And he gets it:

edit on 1-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I understand what you might be getting at but in its most literal interpretation, that some Trump detractors have a mental illness called TDS is in my view entirely false and it is not backed by science.

TDS/Psychosis same thing and very well documented scientifically.

psy·cho·sis
/sīˈkōsəs/Submit
noun
a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

No its not.

You just gave a dictionary definition for psychosis which is very basic but its also not the same as a definition of TDS. If you want to prove that TDS is a real diagnosable mental illness then you have a bit more work to do.

First you need to find peer reviewed journals that demonstrate it exists from reputable publications, you then also need to have it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders for it to be recognised fully by the medical profession.

So respectfully while you may chose to believe that TDS exists as a real mental illness myself along with established medical science disagree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join