It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strategic Command deletes and apologizes for gung-ho NYE tweet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: face23785

It actually has nothing to do with MAGA at all.

I said "MAGA mentality".

What's it like living with Trump every second of every day?

You tell me , he's your President not mine.

A MAGA mentality kind of has something to do with MAGA by default. He's clearly living in your head though. You see Trump in things that are completely unrelated to him. That's got to be awful. I love the denial though.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

United States Armed Forces oath of enlistment

To sum up, they defend a piece of paper (which they consider an ally) and will do what they are told.

It occurs to me that the US has three foundational documents. Apparently the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights aren't important to the Armed Forces.

Oh, and the citizens of the United States clearly aren't actually to be defended, because they might turn out to be considered a 'domestic enemy' of the piece of paper.

edit on 1/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

United States Armed Forces oath of enlistment

To sum up, they defend a piece of paper (which they consider an ally) and will do what they are told.

It occurs to me that the US has three foundational documents. Apparently the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights aren't important to the Armed Forces.

Oh, and the citizens of the United States clearly aren't actually to be defended, because they might turn out to be considered a 'domestic enemy' of the piece of paper.

Fyi, the Bill of Rights is the first 10 Amendments of the Constitution. And the Declaration of Independence isn't a legal document. You might want to bone up on these things before you comment.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

People in the military think they are better than everyone else who votes and pays taxes.

By the way, this isn't true either. If you could work some of these falsehoods you believe about the military out of your thought process, you might be able to think more clearly. We don't think we're better than everyone else. In general though, we do have low tolerance for people living sheltered lives who blindly comment on military matters when they don't know #. I mean, you have it so good that you literally made something up to be offended about. How exactly are we supposed to NOT have disdain for that? You don't represent the majority of the public though, so to say we think we're better than everyone or even the majority of the rest of America is false. Most of us are definitely better than you though.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: KKLOCO

So to sum up your OP: screw anyone who who finds it appalling that the USSC would tweet them dropping massive bombs — and gloating about it.

Bombs = death. Most the time, innocent death is involved.

Why tweet this during the ball dropping event? What was the purpose?

Should we all pull ours out too, like the USSC did? We can all compare who’s is bigger.

To sum up your post: "Screw the military, they're not allowed to be proud of the sacrifices they make in order to keep us safe."

And don't kid yourself. The only reason you are as safe as you are right now is because people fear what our military men and women are capable of.

You’re right, because we’ve had soooo many invasions on American soil, right?

In fact, the only war we’ve had on American soil, since the implementation of our country is — the civil war. Which was all of us Americans kicking the sh!t out of each other. Not much has changed in 150 years.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Lysergic

In my opinion some people do enjoy or even love killing, most people dont, but some do.
There are some sickos who like to hurt and kill kids too.
There are some people who dont discriminate they just want to see alot of pain and suffering.
Some people get off on this stuff and they think war is cool and exciting.
In my opinion its really sad.

Yeah they are called psychopaths and make up 1% of the population.

It is believed that mental health is on the decline as every year the number of repored poor mental health increases.

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Suffers From Mental Illness Each Year
www.newsweek.com...
Every year, about 42.5 million American adults (or 18.2 percent of the total adult population in the United States) suffers from some mental illness, enduring conditions such as depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, statistics released Friday reveal.

Fyi, depression and bipolar disorder aren't psychopathy.

Mental health in the USA is on the decline:
Here is a list of just the gun violence every year about 15,000 people are killed just by guns alone however some of that could be self defence.

But when we look at the mental health of people we know no one in their right mind would go on a mass shooting and no one in their right mind would kill a kid. If you look at the numbers we have a steady supply of psycho's every year who mass murder and who kill kids.
www.gunviolencearchive.org...
2014 had 269 mass shootings 610 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2015 had 335 mass shootings 696 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2016 had 382 mass shootings 671 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2017 had 346 mass shootings 732 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2018 had 339 mass shootings 665 kids killed by psycho's with guns.

Just about every day of every year someone goes nuts and starts a murder spree. This isnt something that happens in most other countries.

Now I am not saying the guns are bad my family has plenty and we dont kill anyone, but what I am saying is the mental health of people in general is on the decline.

Doubly so for the military:
news.usni.org...
These numbers are suicide rates per 100,000 troops in the military every year:

It is well known that many suffer from poor mental health in the military and the suicide numbers are much higher than one would expect. My military friends and family tell me of the buddy system they have to use to make sure thier peers do not kill themselves it is a huge problem.

Rape is also a big issue with one in five women in the United States Air Force reported having been sexually assaulted by service members.
en.wikipedia.org...

Why is this important?
Because with great power comes great responsibility.
The reality of nuclear war is a serious matter.
They know that they must act in a dignified manner as their actions reflect on all of us for better or for worse.
The comments made by the military were wrong, they see that they were wrong and apologised.
When in error change the course do not keep making the same mistake thinking you will get a different result.
edit on 1-1-2019 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You may he correct, I don't know. I wonder what the Strategic Command's protocol is for using Twitter. Is there a committee which designs and/or approves tweets? Does the head of command just tweet whatever they want? Can anyone in Strategic Command just tweet whatever they want or does some thought go into it?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So to sum up your OP: screw anyone who who finds it appalling that the USSC would tweet them dropping massive bombs — and gloating about it.

Should we all pull ours out too, like the USSC did? We can all compare who’s is bigger.

Your summary is completely off. You should try re-reading too, you completely missed the point of what the bombs are for, and it's not death. As for the timing, dropping a ball/dropping bombs, a New Year's themed message, would be kinda weird to tweet this on another day.

LOL, so what are bombs dropped for, if not death? I’d find it hard to believe a 30,000 pound bomb wouldn’t cause the death of life.

Just because you see some similarity of a ball dropping and bombs dropping — doesn’t mean the average person does.

It was a stupid tweet. Hence, them deleting it.

No, it was deleted due to the avalanche of hate thrown their way. Dropping bombs and dropping balls both have the word dropping but you're saying a normal person doesnt see any similarities... Now you're just denying reality in order to maintain your PC view of the world.

Dropping bombs is a hateful act, is it not? So it was obviously the USSC that incited the hate. They just didn’t like it being directed at them.

Typical American: it’s okay for America to drop bombs — but it’s not okay for bombs to be dropped on America.

All hail MERIKA’

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

In my opinion some people do enjoy or even love killing, most people dont, but some do.
There are some sickos who like to hurt and kill kids too.
There are some people who dont discriminate they just want to see alot of pain and suffering.
Some people get off on this stuff and they think war is cool and exciting.
In my opinion its really sad.

Yeah they are called psychopaths and make up 1% of the population.

It is believed that mental health is on the decline as every year the number of repored poor mental health increases.

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Suffers From Mental Illness Each Year
www.newsweek.com...
Every year, about 42.5 million American adults (or 18.2 percent of the total adult population in the United States) suffers from some mental illness, enduring conditions such as depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, statistics released Friday reveal.

Fyi, depression and bipolar disorder aren't psychopathy.

Mental health in the USA is on the decline:
Here is a list of just the gun violence every year about 15,000 people are killed just by guns alone however some of that could be self defence.

But when we look at the mental health of people we know no one in their right mind would go on a mass shooting and no one in their right mind would kill a kid. If you look at the numbers we have a steady supply of psycho's every year who mass murder and who kill kids.
www.gunviolencearchive.org...
2014 had 269 mass shootings 610 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2015 had 335 mass shootings 696 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2016 had 382 mass shootings 671 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2017 had 346 mass shootings 732 kids killed by psycho's with guns.
2018 had 339 mass shootings 665 kids killed by psycho's with guns.

Just about every day of every year someone goes nuts and starts a murder spree. This isnt something that happens in most other countries.

Now I am not saying the guns are bad my family has plenty and we dont kill anyone, but what I am saying is the mental health of people in general is on the decline.

Doubly so for the military:
news.usni.org...
These numbers are suicide rates per 100,000 troops in the military every year:

It is well known that many suffer from poor mental health in the military and the suicide numbers are much higher than one would expect. My military friends and family tell me of the buddy system they have to use to make sure thier peers do not kill themselves it is a huge problem.

Rape is also a big issue with one in five women in the United States Air Force reported having been sexually assaulted by service members.
en.wikipedia.org...

Why is this important?
Because with great power comes great responsibility.
The reality of nuclear war is a serious matter.
They know that they must act in a dignified manner as their actions reflect on all of us for better or for worse.
The comments made by the military were wrong, they see that they were wrong and apologised.
When in error change the course do not keep making the same mistake thinking you will get a different result.

I wasn't saying mental health isn't on the increase. Unfortunately some people just want to blame guns and not address that. As for the military matters, sexual assault in the military is a complicated topic and would seriously derail the thread. There's still nothing wrong with the tweet. It wasn't making light of nuclear war.
edit on 1 1 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   

Your summary is completely off. You should try re-reading too, you completely missed the point of what the bombs are for, and it's not death. As for the timing, dropping a ball/dropping bombs, a New Year's themed message, would be kinda weird to tweet this on another day.

LOL, so what are bombs dropped for, if not death? I’d find it hard to believe a 30,000 pound bomb wouldn’t cause the death of life.

Just because you see some similarity of a ball dropping and bombs dropping — doesn’t mean the average person does.

How many people died from the bombs dropped in the video?

So what your saying is, it was a waste of taxpayer money?

And I said ‘life would be lost’. Believe it or not — humans aren’t the only living beings on this planet.

link   

No, it was deleted due to the avalanche of hate thrown their way. Dropping bombs and dropping balls both have the word dropping but you're saying a normal person doesnt see any similarities... Now you're just denying reality in order to maintain your PC view of the world.

Dropping bombs is a hateful act, is it not? So it was obviously the USSC that incited the hate. They just didn’t like it being directed at them.

Typical American: it’s okay for America to drop bombs — but it’s not okay for bombs to be dropped on America.

All hail MERIKA’

Ha ha haaaaa, dropping bombs is ‘hateful’???!?!!?

What??????

Man I’m glad you weren’t around when they were dropping bombs on Hitler, those hateful bigots.

‘Hateful’

What the hell? NOBODY believes that the Air Force drops bombs because of ‘hate’.

NOBODY

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ

You may he correct, I don't know. I wonder what the Strategic Command's protocol is for using Twitter. Is there a committee which designs and/or approves tweets? Does the head of command just tweet whatever they want? Can anyone in Strategic Command just tweet whatever they want or does some thought go into it?

The commander generally doesn't control the Twitter account. Someone in their public relations office does that. The commander may tell them specific things to tweet at times. The vast majority of members of the command have no access to post to the account.

This particular tweet was likely planned ahead of time and no one in the discussion objected because they didn't see anything wrong with it (because there's nothing wrong with it, coincidentally), but once it became a PR disaster they ordered it removed to lessen the impact on their careers.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

How many people died from the bombs dropped in the video?

So what your saying is, it was a waste of taxpayer money?

And I said ‘life would be lost’. Believe it or not — humans aren’t the only living beings on this planet.

No, not at all. Clearly you have no concept of the value of training and demos. This is why people who have no idea about military matters shouldn't comment on military matters.

ETA: It's ironic that the people who are soooo concerned about us not killing innocent people don't want us to have the money to train, practice and do the R&D for the weapons systems that allow us to minimize collateral damage. Hate the military so much they can't even apply logic to the situation.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
In my opinion on New Years eve it was in bad taste to post such a tweet.

I don't think they should have been made to remove the tweet (its my understanding that they weren't) although I personally agree with their own decision to remove the tweet because like I said I think its in bad taste at this time of the year. My personal interpretation of this tweet isn't so much a threat of dropping bombs but I still think its in poor taste and I can understand why some might view it as a indirect threat.

I also understand that STRATCOM might want to convey a message to the American people that they remain at a state of readiness at all times, even at new year, however I do think that there would be a better way of conveying that message.

I think you are missing the point. There are some things that are sacred. You can burn the American flag but it is considered really bad tasted to people who respect it. You can make threats about killing the people you are supposedly sworn to protect but it is really bad taste.

Whoever tweeted the joke should be discharged from the military. I don't think they take their job or career in the military seriously.

I agree they should lose their job for that one.
It shamefull

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

All hail MERIKA’

What??????

Man I’m glad you weren’t around when they were dropping bombs on Hitler, those hateful bigots.

‘Hateful’

What the hell? NOBODY believes that the Air Force drops bombs because of ‘hate’.

NOBODY

Go talk to any WW11 vet. They will tell you all about the hate they had for the ‘krauts’.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't think they should have been made to remove the tweet (its my understanding that they weren't) although I personally agree with their own decision to remove the tweet because like I said I think its in bad taste at this time of the year. My personal interpretation of this tweet isn't so much a threat of dropping bombs but I still think its in poor taste and I can understand why some might view it as a indirect threat.

I also understand that STRATCOM might want to convey a message to the American people that they remain at a state of readiness at all times, even at new year, however I do think that there would be a better way of conveying that message.

I think you are missing the point. There are some things that are sacred. You can burn the American flag but it is considered really bad tasted to people who respect it. You can make threats about killing the people you are supposedly sworn to protect but it is really bad taste.

Whoever tweeted the joke should be discharged from the military. I don't think they take their job or career in the military seriously.

It shamefull

Unrealistic. Taking a professional out of their job for an offensive tweet is absurd. Taxpayers spent a lot of money to train this person and develop them up through to the job they're currently holding, on the way to bigger things. Even if I acknowledge this is a mistake, which I don't, if it is all they deserve is a reprimand. Stick to matters on which you're informed. If servicemembers lost their jobs over politically correct nonsense, we'd have no military.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I see no issue with the MAGA mentality. It is after all the same mentality that made the U.S the country that a lot of the world would like to live in.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

All hail MERIKA’

What??????

‘Hateful’

NOBODY

Go talk to any WW11 vet. They will tell you all about the hate they had for the ‘krauts’.

No sh’it.

Doesn’t make dropping bombs ‘hateful’

It’s called ‘defense’

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: gortex

I see no issue with the MAGA mentality. It is after all the same mentality that made the U.S the country that a lot of the world would like to live in.

Exactly. Every great democrat leader had a MAGA mentality.

But don’t tell the Libs, they’ll hyperventilate.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It shamefull

Just curious, would you be okay with losing your job because a bunch of people who don't know anything about your job made uninformed comments about your job performance?

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join