It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strategic Command deletes and apologizes for gung-ho NYE tweet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think its more to protect the conscious of U.S. military members by repeatedly giving the enemy forewarning that there are consequences for their actions & what the consequence is, the mother of all bombs. I believe it helps deter Islamic attacks in Western countries as well. This way they know that every Islamic attack will result in thousands of Islamist deaths as forewarned & that the death of islamism will be caused by Islamism itself if people continue to follow the teachings of Mohammed.

Also, the majority of domestic terrorist attacks in Western nations are commited by children of Islamists who immigrated to Western nations. These children are citizens of the countries they attack. Many of them are in contact with Islamists online & on Twitter. The more they follow Islam (Mohammed's teachings) the more radical they become. This way they're warned that there are consequences for their actions as well.
edit on 1-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If this is the focus of technology...I don't see much hope for the species.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: face23785

Power corrupts. It does not surprise me that organization sworn to protect the people has a complete disregard for their well-being. How much can we trust the US military when they make such a joke which is an absolute complete lack of respect for the American people?

It's taken 3 pages but I think we've got a candidate for the response displaying the most thorough misunderstanding of the military. I doubt any of your peers can outdo this, but I've been wrong before.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If this is the focus of technology...I don't see much hope for the species.

This reminds me of all the "experts" who predicted nuclear war was imminent so many times during the Cold War. I mean, surely, with nuclear bombers flying 24/7, one of these dumb military apes would start a war any day now right?

Oh, to go through life this naive.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Power corrupts. It does not surprise me that organization sworn to protect the people has a complete disregard for their well-being. How much can we trust the US military when they make such a joke which is an absolute complete lack of respect for the American people?

It's taken 3 pages but I think we've got a candidate for the response displaying the most thorough misunderstanding of the military. I doubt any of your peers can outdo this, but I've been wrong before.

I stared at the post for a minute or so. Wasn't sure how to address it. You did a fine job.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
In my opinion on New Years eve it was in bad taste to post such a tweet.

I don't think they should have been made to remove the tweet (its my understanding that they weren't) although I personally agree with their own decision to remove the tweet because like I said I think its in bad taste at this time of the year. My personal interpretation of this tweet isn't so much a threat of dropping bombs but I still think its in poor taste and I can understand why some might view it as a indirect threat.

I also understand that STRATCOM might want to convey a message to the American people that they remain at a state of readiness at all times, even at new year, however I do think that there would be a better way of conveying that message.

I think you are missing the point. There are some things that are sacred. You can burn the American flag but it is considered really bad tasted to people who respect it. You can make threats about killing the people you are supposedly sworn to protect but it is really bad taste.

Whoever tweeted the joke should be discharged from the military. I don't think they take their job or career in the military seriously.

edit on 1-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As a former airman I see that, and beam with pride! As my late mother would say “they aren’t a tooting.” a reply to: face23785

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Please enlightened me. Who does the military serve?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
In my opinion on New Years eve it was in bad taste to post such a tweet.

I don't think they should have been made to remove the tweet (its my understanding that they weren't) although I personally agree with their own decision to remove the tweet because like I said I think its in bad taste at this time of the year. My personal interpretation of this tweet isn't so much a threat of dropping bombs but I still think its in poor taste and I can understand why some might view it as a indirect threat.

I also understand that STRATCOM might want to convey a message to the American people that they remain at a state of readiness at all times, even at new year, however I do think that there would be a better way of conveying that message.

I think you are missing the point. There are some things that are sacred. You can burn the American flag but it is considered really bad tasted to people who respect it. You can make threats about killing the people you are supposedly sworn to protect but it is really bad taste.

Whoever tweeted the joke should be discharged from the military. I don't think they take their job or career in the military seriously.

What exactly made you think the tweet was about bombing Americans? That's who we're sworn to protect.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thing is I'm not surprised at the message or the fact it was posted , it's a reflection of the MAGA mentality I guess.

Kinda sad.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

United States Armed Forces oath of enlistment

Where did I miss the part about tweeting threats that would not qualify you as an domestic enemy?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Please enlightened me. Who does the military serve?

The military doesn't actually serve anyone. We're sworn to protect the Constitution of the United States. We obey the orders of our superiors to serve that end.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Thing is I'm not surprised at the message or the fact it was posted , it's a reflection of the MAGA mentality I guess.

Kinda sad.

It actually has nothing to do with MAGA at all. What's it like living with Trump every second of every day?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

United States Armed Forces oath of enlistment

Where did I miss the part about tweeting threats that would not qualify you as an domestic enemy?

I'm not sure how many times you would have to read that tweet before it sunk through the powerful indoctrination you've endured, but you really need to re-read it. You completely misunderstood it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Apparently they want the truth but they can't handle the truth....

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Dropping something bigger than a ball on Times Square. I work in NYC. I am insulted by this tweet. If they are so proud of it why did they take it down. Sorry, but you can't use your Jedi mind tricks to erase something you don't want to own. People in the military think they are better than everyone else who votes and pays taxes. This is what I meant by "power corrupts".

edit on 1-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Dropping something bigger than a ball on Times Square. I work in NYC. I am insulted by this tweet. If they are so proud of it why did they take it down. Sorry, but you can't use your Jedi mind tricks to erase something you don't want to own. People in the military think they are better than everyone else who votes and pays taxes. This is what I meant by "power corrupts".

Oh, now I see. You had to falsely pretend they were talking about bombing NYC because you were just that desperate to be offended. I feel sorry for people going through life the way you do.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There's no need to leave it up because its an international news story now & everyone will see it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It actually has nothing to do with MAGA at all.

I said "MAGA mentality".

What's it like living with Trump every second of every day?

You tell me , he's your President not mine.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ

There's no need to leave it up because its an international news story now & everyone will see it.

Taking it down would convey the wrong message, if they had the intent you ascribed. It would signal they weren't really resolved to that position. It was just a tongue-in-cheek fun thing for New Year's.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join