It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strategic Command deletes and apologizes for gung-ho NYE tweet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There are lots of Islamic twits in the Middle East using Twitter. This is probably who the Strategic Command's Twitter target was regarding this tweet. It was not meant for the leftist NPC twits who make up the majority of Twitter. Its basically saying for every single U.S. citizen you kill we can kill thousands more Islamists, as we've done in the past, better think twice before attacking us or our allies. Leftists should reset their feeble brains back to Orange man bad protocol & try to ignore this issue.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
There are lots of Islamic twits in the Middle East using Twitter. This is probably who the Strategic Command's Twitter target was regarding this tweet. It was not meant for the leftist NPC twits who make up the majority of Twitter. Its basically saying for every single U.S. citizen you kill we can kill thousands more Islamists, as we've done in the past, better think twice before attacking us or our allies. Leftists should reset their feeble brains back to Orange man bad protocol & try to ignore this issue.

is a reminder tweet to the cave army really necessary though?

you think anyone forgot that we bomb #?

know what i mean?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If this were the case, they wouldn't have taken it down.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Lysergic
OR ELSE

WERE GOING COME SAVE THE MOTHER#ING DAY YEAAAAAAAH AMERICUUUUHHHHHH

Maybe they could paint a smiley face on the side for feels.

Sounds to me like making a joke about mass murdering kids and civilians by drawing smiley faces on bombs for fun.

In times of difficulty, humor is necessary. Killing people isnt a very fun job for most humans I think. Plus there's the fact of knowing you yourself or anyone around you could die. And thinking of their children if they have any. All because someone didnt think of the kids and started a war... which is why I said people really ought to think of their kids before they eff with us and start something.

I don't know about you, but I LIKE sleeping peacefully at night knowing roving gangs of terrorists and mercenaries wont come busting in my door to rape and kidnap my family. Maybe you should try moving to the Congo or Syria and realize how lucky you are that YOU have someone ready to drop something real big if it becomes necessary.

In my opinion some people do enjoy or even love killing, most people dont, but some do.
There are some sickos who like to hurt and kill kids too.
There are some people who dont discriminate they just want to see alot of pain and suffering.
Some people get off on this stuff and they think war is cool and exciting.
In my opinion its really sad.

I agree. Some people do. I don't think anyone denied that. But most of the people in the world and even in the military are not like that. And there are some people who are Capable of killing when it is their duty and they have no bad feelings for doing so because it was their duty and they feel that performing their duty is an honorable thing which may not be an easy job but it keeps their family and countrymen safe. This is not the same as enjoying it.

I personally hate it. Violence in general. I once got light headed and passed out once just seeing a reenactment on TV of people getting shot. But when I've had guns in my face I didn't blink an eye. Weird huh. I think, being a passive observer, all my regular thought processes were functioning, but when you're actually in a life threatening situation, your adrenaline or something blocks that out so that you are able to function and think clearly survive.

I also think a lot of people sign up for the military not knowing what it's really like. They see the stuff on TV and movies and when reality hits them, humor begins to manifest as a survival mechanism. The ones who really enjoy it, I think, are rare, even in the military.

I was agreeing with your original point. Except you made the "think of the children" point in a way that was attempting to make our military look bad, and I made the same point in an attempt to show you how we ALL should think of the children, including people who would attack us (or anyone). It's not just only our responsibility when kids die due to wars. It takes 2 to tango.

But I will say the whole middle east thing has been a quagmire. We shouldve just worked with Saddam and Qaddafi I think. Obviously, someone else's interests were at play. Saudi Arabia, or Israel, or someone with enough money or influence to control our military. But I wont stand here and see anyone disparage our military as if all they ever do is constantly kill innocent people.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

oh thats just pressure from the twitter leftist.

they backed strategic command into a corner

hahahahahahh

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I appreciate the show of strength. I kinda of admire the engineering that goes into military hardware. And most of all I respect the discipline and skill that it takes to control such hardware.

I don't think that mommy, daddy or the family therapist is going to protect the snow flakes when (God forbid) some foreign military decides that they could take us on.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I appreciate the show of strength. I kinda of admire the engineering that goes into military hardware. And most of all I respect the discipline and skill that it takes to control such hardware.

I don't think that mommy, daddy or the family therapist is going to protect the snow flakes when (God forbid) some foreign military decides that they could take us on.

Unfortunately there's a segment of the population that doesn't grasp this. They're the same people that think they can negotiate with an intruder while waiting for the cops to arrive because they don't believe in owning a gun.

Or worse yet, they've seen too many movies and think they can actually fight off multiple intruders if need-be.
edit on 1 1 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

LOL....

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

is a reminder tweet to the cave army really necessary though?

you think anyone forgot that we bomb #?

know what i mean?

So it has to be necessary or else it cannot be done and if it is done it must be deleted and apologized for. "I'm sorry, I took an action which, upon further reflection, was not actually necessary. I inhaled 200 times in the last hour, and I feel I couldve gotten away with closer to 180 lungfulls of air... I am so sorry I wasted all those trillions of oxygen atoms. Next time I will only breath in what is necessary and save the rest for the others. Oh, and made a Tweet that was not well received... UNNECESSARY!"

I'm afraid is necessary!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Ohanka
So is US Strategic Command NOT ready to drop something much, much bigger? /sarc

I dunno, that sounds like the bigger problem than a tweet made in jest.

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." These guys a re itching to fulfill the reason they exist.

Same type of person that spit on Vietnam vets when they came back.

HEHE. (A little off topic)
I knew one of those vets. He was a rescued POW. He came home with two broken arms and two broken legs. He was supposed to meet Richard Nixon. They were wheeling him down the hall in a wheel chair when a "long haired, dirty hippie" (his words) ran up to him and spit on him, called him a "baby killer". The guy got up out of his wheelchair, wielding his four casted limbs and beat the cr*p out of that guy. Because he did that in the presence of the President of the United States, he got 2 years in Leavenworth!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
OR ELSE

WERE GOING COME SAVE THE MOTHER#ING DAY YEAAAAAAAH AMERICUUUUHHHHHH

Maybe they could paint a smiley face on the side for feels.

Sounds to me like making a joke about mass murdering kids and civilians by drawing smiley faces on bombs for fun.

In times of difficulty, humor is necessary. Killing people isnt a very fun job for most humans I think. Plus there's the fact of knowing you yourself or anyone around you could die. And thinking of their children if they have any. All because someone didnt think of the kids and started a war... which is why I said people really ought to think of their kids before they eff with us and start something.

I don't know about you, but I LIKE sleeping peacefully at night knowing roving gangs of terrorists and mercenaries wont come busting in my door to rape and kidnap my family. Maybe you should try moving to the Congo or Syria and realize how lucky you are that YOU have someone ready to drop something real big if it becomes necessary.

In my opinion some people do enjoy or even love killing, most people dont, but some do.
There are some sickos who like to hurt and kill kids too.
There are some people who dont discriminate they just want to see alot of pain and suffering.
Some people get off on this stuff and they think war is cool and exciting.
In my opinion its really sad.

I agree. Some people do. I don't think anyone denied that. But most of the people in the world and even in the military are not like that. And there are some people who are Capable of killing when it is their duty and they have no bad feelings for doing so because it was their duty and they feel that performing their duty is an honorable thing which may not be an easy job but it keeps their family and countrymen safe. This is not the same as enjoying it.

I personally hate it. Violence in general. I once got light headed and passed out once just seeing a reenactment on TV of people getting shot. But when I've had guns in my face I didn't blink an eye. Weird huh. I think, being a passive observer, all my regular thought processes were functioning, but when you're actually in a life threatening situation, your adrenaline or something blocks that out so that you are able to function and think clearly survive.

I also think a lot of people sign up for the military not knowing what it's really like. They see the stuff on TV and movies and when reality hits them, humor begins to manifest as a survival mechanism. The ones who really enjoy it, I think, are rare, even in the military.

I was agreeing with your original point. Except you made the "think of the children" point in a way that was attempting to make our military look bad, and I made the same point in an attempt to show you how we ALL should think of the children, including people who would attack us (or anyone). It's not just only our responsibility when kids die due to wars. It takes 2 to tango.

But I will say the whole middle east thing has been a quagmire. We shouldve just worked with Saddam and Qaddafi I think. Obviously, someone else's interests were at play. Saudi Arabia, or Israel, or someone with enough money or influence to control our military. But I wont stand here and see anyone disparage our military as if all they ever do is constantly kill innocent people.

A well thought out response and on all points you made here I would agree with you.
As for the disparage the use of dropping bombs which are much much bigger was a nuclear war reference.
I think nuking populations shouldnt be joked about lightly as it is nothing more than mass murder.
I also think that nuclear weapons should never be used because they murder indisciminatly.
Its much different than going after the badguy.
When you think about it who in their right mind wants to see the military use nuclear weapons?
Unfortunatly some people do want to see them bomb various countries and people until nothing remains but ash.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." These guys a re itching to fulfill the reason they exist.

I knew one of those vets. He was a rescued POW. He came home with two broken arms and two broken legs. He was supposed to meet Richard Nixon. They were wheeling him down the hall in a wheel chair when a "long haired, dirty hippie" (his words) ran up to him and spit on him, called him a "baby killer". The guy got up out of his wheelchair, wielding his four casted limbs and beat the cr*p out of that guy. Because he did that in the presence of the President of the United States, he got 2 years in Leavenworth!

President should've given him an additional medal.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

definitely must not be deleted or apologized for

all im saying is it was stupid

and why did they take it down?

like the actual reason

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Of course there are people like that. None of that had anything to do with this tweet, however.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Or worse yet, they've seen too many movies and think they can actually fight off multiple intruders if need-be.

If a person has never lived in inner city St. Louis, Baltimore, Chicago, or the remotest rural areas they really shouldn't be allowed an opinion on gun laws.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: 3n19m470

definitely must not be deleted or apologized for

all im saying is it was stupid

and why did they take it down?

like the actual reason

It was taken down for the reason I stated in my OP. PC culture has crept into the military, particularly in the Air Force. I saw this first hand while I was serving. They won't say that's why they took it down but I've seen that kind of thing happen enough to know it when I see it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

President should've given him an additional medal.

No medal for that, but, Norman Lear interviewed him for a book. Not sure which book, but he's somewhere in one of his books. Somehow, he got taken care of. He bought a nice piece of property on Maui, and "hippied out" himself. He always had the best government issued bud. He looked just like Willie Nelson, and infact partied a lot with Willie Nelson. It was hard to tell the two of them apart! LOL "All's well that ends well."

edit on 1-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I loved it in the movie "Mars Attacks" when the Martians keep saying "We come in peace", while shooting up the place.

#PeaceIsOurProfession

It would be like ISIS saying #WeWillEndTerrorism #PeaceBeUponYou

edit on 1/1/2019 by chr0naut because: I don't speak for ISIS, they are scum.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

My favorite movie parodying SAC (the precursor to Strategic Command) is Dr. Strangelove.

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than 10 to 20 million people killed, tops! Depending on the breaks."

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Power corrupts. It does not surprise me that organization sworn to protect the people has a complete disregard for their well-being. How much can we trust the US military when they make such a joke which is an absolute complete lack of respect for the American people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join