It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childish Gambino kills it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

He made a damn good music video. With all the crappy music out there, this video really shines. I think all the heat he got was absolutely silly.... People getting upset over a music video when their country is drone bombing children.... and having Trump condoning Saudi arabia which drone bombed 40+ children just this year.. (in one incident).

Damn.. this is America. He has some sweet moves. And screw everybody who takes offense to this "music video" and pretends in politics.

I don't think I joined any of the threads when this video came out because I knew how stupid people would get. A black dude puts out a slightly provocative video that is at the same time really dope and all the redneck morons freak out...

Anyway.. just want to say happy new years and props to this guy for making a cool video (plus all the awesome people who helped him)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

its not my kind of music but the america video is art! cool guy, great dancer!
happy new year from munich!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I love the part in your op when you mock “redneck morons”

This is America

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This is America

i checked youtube, and there are many redneck morons out there! but to be fair, there are morons everywhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This is America

half the country openly despises the other half. people cant even get through writing a paragraph before the insulting and ad homs begins it seems.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

the first one sucks big time but this is America is awesome

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Childish yup, Gambino? Sure doesn’t look Italian??

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I like Donald Glover, but the whole "this is America" narrative is part of the problem that is sinking society back to the murky depths. People basing their entire worldviews on intentionally sensationalized, extraneous outliers of society they see on the news instead of actually sitting down face to face and having a cordial and cogent conversation with their neighbors and others in the community and building their own worldview. Not having a pre-packaged poison pill narrative sold to them by those who wish to use the reactionary fear or anger for the purposes of control and/or profit. And then having that paranoia reinforced ten fold on the group-think cesspool that is social media. One cannot serve both power and truth.

See Colin Kaepernick. His whole idea to protest was based on the belief that no one cared about black people being killed by the police so he felt compelled to make a political statement. Yet his entire idea to protest was put into his head by the media and everyone literally talking about nothing but black people being killed by the police. His entire argument was a fallacy from the beginning. Not to mention that the reason it seemed like more black people were being killed by police was because more people across every demographic were and are being killed by the police. It wasn't and still isn't a race issue and making it such only distracts from a very real and serious issue of excessive force used by police officers.

This cycle of being addicted to bad news, ugly history and outrage needs to stop. That is precisely what opportunistic predators like Putin use to spin their webs and gain influence. A lot of things in this world are getting better and better everyday, but we're too preoccupied with our own preconceived delusions and self-serving virtue signaling to even notice. The majority of us live lives today that those in the past would die from shock if they were given that lifestyle back then. But instead of appreciating what we have and ironing out whatever kinks there may be we'd rather embrace extremes in spite of it because it is not the perfect utopia of our imaginings.

Here is your friendly reminder that the original definition of utopia was meant to be a play on words, and actually meant no such place.
edit on 1-1-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I like Donald Glover, but the whole "this is America" narrative is part of the problem that is sinking society back to the murky depths. People basing their entire worldviews on intentionally sensationalized, extraneous outliers of society they see on the news instead of actually sitting down face to face and having a cordial and cogent conversation with their neighbors and others in the community and building their own worldview. Not having a pre-packaged poison pill narrative sold to them by those who wish to use the reactionary fear or anger for the purposes of control and/or profit. And then having that paranoia reinforced ten fold on the group-think cesspool that is social media. One cannot serve both power and truth.

See Colin Kaepernick. His whole idea to protest was based on the belief that no one cared about black people being killed by the police so he felt compelled to make a political statement. Yet his entire idea to protest was put into his head by the media and everyone literally talking about nothing but black people being killed by the police. His entire argument was a fallacy from the beginning. Not to mention that the reason it seemed like more black people were being killed by police was because more people across every demographic were and are being killed by the police. It wasn't and still isn't a race issue and making it such only distracts from a very real and serious issue of excessive force used by police officers.

This cycle of being addicted to bad news, ugly history and outrage needs to stop. That is precisely what opportunistic predators like Putin use to spin their webs and gain influence. A lot of things in this world are getting better and better everyday, but we're too preoccupied with our own preconceived delusions and self-serving virtue signaling to even notice. The majority of us live lives today that those in the past would die from shock if they were given that lifestyle back then. But instead of appreciating what we have and ironing out whatever kinks there may be we'd rather embrace extremes in spite of it because it is not the perfect utopia of our imaginings.

Here is your friendly reminder that the original definition of utopia was meant to be a play on words, and actually meant no such place.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

We have been conditioned and programmed for long time.

It took a while before we caved, but the majority are just blindly going with the programming.

The people in control are painfully patient. We have been under their manipulative thumb for ages.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I haven’t seen that video before, thanks.
Here’s my absolute favourite animated music video.
The amount of time that goes into these must be crazy

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

He made a damn good music video. With all the crappy music out there, this video really shines. I think all the heat he got was absolutely silly.... People getting upset over a music video when their country is drone bombing children.... and having Trump condoning Saudi arabia which drone bombed 40+ children just this year.. (in one incident).

Damn.. this is America. He has some sweet moves. And screw everybody who takes offense to this "music video" and pretends in politics.

I don't think I joined any of the threads when this video came out because I knew how stupid people would get. A black dude puts out a slightly provocative video that is at the same time really dope and all the redneck morons freak out...

Anyway.. just want to say happy new years and props to this guy for making a cool video (plus all the awesome people who helped him)

Why is he culturally appropriating an Italian name?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Woo 2019 is gonna be so sick, woo racist rap is hitting the mainstream. Woo white people suck, woo 2019. Woo woo

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just checked it out for the first time and God, that's soo cool
As a musician he is as good as a comedian
edit on 5-1-2019 by glassySound because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join