It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidents taking responsibility.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You know would I love seeing? People taking time out of their day to come onto a political forum to tell others not to be so political.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No I am NOT saying that, my reply was to someone who suggested prisons have walls, i pointed out that he was correct they have wall/s (plural) and to remain secure they also use 3 other walls (sometimes more) and a roof, a singular walled prison would be quite empty, do you agree?

Thus my response was is that what he now wants a prison not a wall?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

All in a period of 2 years under a GOP controlled congress.

He managed to get $2 trillion passed in Tax cuts and military funding.... but no funding for his wall project?

It's those Democrats right?

Boy if don't meet my yearly performance review I guess I'll blame the Democrats too.

You literally make zero sense. Trump has never let up trying to get his wall because it was a campaign promise. If he keeps at it for 4 years and still doesn't get it then he tried to fulfill that promise though Congress didn't support it, so what is your point?

He needs 60 votes not 51, not hard to understand...The dems don't want him to gain anything with 2020 as their brass ring...not hard to understand. Even the Republicans have a few Rhinos..not hard to understand.

The tax bill needed only 51 votes and ALL Democrats voted against it, once again what is your point? I'm starting to think you can not comprehend how the government works lol

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

Trump not shutting down the government.

Trump said it's on him

so even when he takes responsibility you push it somewhere else?

i forgot

he can do no wrong

Not a trumpeter.

Im one of the few on the right that Actually hate orange retard. Though more for the petty excuse for a man he is rather than his policys that I generally agree with.

But he was elected on the promise to build the wall.

The people should get what they voted for.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You know would I love seeing? People taking time out of their day to come onto a political forum to tell others not to be so political.

its funny

how many times have we heard the trump lovers rail on and on about twitter and how trump gets directly to the people and how it is awesome?

a lot right?

the other day one of the trump minions told me i should stop reading his tweets.
hahahahahah

so awesome that he has this avenue to speak to us/me....
just dont read it

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: network dude
it's totally his fault. He secretly told democrats to be assholes and not give him anything. He'a a real pistol.

Oh and let's not forget before the last midterms, Republicans had the power to pass anything they wanted...and nothing included fundings for trump's wall....whomp womp woooommp ...

How many Bill's and EOs has trump passed since office?

Why not ask this instead of pure conjecture and blaming 'the left'.

Look no further than trump's past tweets on Obama to see his gravitas and pull in the oval office... massage his ego a bit and he thinks he's actually in charge... oh and fire anyone who talks to him like an adult.

I digress, this threads pure bait.

Again, Trump's fault. He also asked the republicans to be assholes and not let him pass anything. It's astounding Trump would do these things, but it's obvious, there is no other answer. You guys are right to hate Trump. He's sneaky when it comes to undermining Trump. (the word DERP, comes to mind here)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

He managed to get $2 trillion passed in Tax cuts and military funding.... but no funding for his wall project?

Boy if don't meet my yearly performance review I guess I'll blame the Democrats too.

You literally make zero sense. Trump has never let up trying to get his wall because it was a campaign promise. If he keeps at it for 4 years and still doesn't get it then he tried to fulfill that promise though Congress didn't support it, so what is your point?

He needs 60 votes not 51, not hard to understand...The dems don't want him to gain anything with 2020 as their brass ring...not hard to understand. Even the Republicans have a few Rhinos..not hard to understand.

The tax bill needed only 51 votes and ALL Democrats voted against it, once again what is your point? I'm starting to think you can not comprehend how the government works lol

of course not, he's spot on. Trump is at fault. for everything. he was even at fault for making those sneaky democrats want better border security a few years ago, then go full retard and decide they want open borders. Trump is mean.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

If what you are saying is correct, your government doesn't work for the people at all and you should not be voting for either the left or the right, you have been sold a lie.
edit on 1-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

BINGO. And for the first time, ever, we have someone in office calling them out on it.

Trump asking for border security is not an outrageous demand. At all. The left not wanting to give funding to make him look like he is not in control is.

Point is that there is already a law in place for the border wall. All Trump really has to do is circumvent like all past presidents have done but he will not.

DACA and Dreamers could be gone with a pen stroke but no matter how bad he hates it he wants real reform. He could fund the wall with an EO but he is trying to do it the right way. Not the old school grease the palms political way but the way it is supposed to be.

I predict a deal with Pelosi once she becomes Speaker that will give him his funding and offer her a deal on DACA. All part of the game to make it look like Pelosi and the Left not Trump solved the issue and saved the day.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If what you are saying is correct, your government doesn't work for the people at all and you should not be voting for either the left or the right, you have been sold a lie.

Talk to the imbeciles that keep voting the same idiots over and over for decades. Congress approval rating has been in the teens for a long time, but people keep voting who they know... No one has been sold a lie, they just do not care...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

His party is in control. The dems are not. The dems are the minority at this moment.
They are his scapegoat but it just makes him sound stupid. The dems the dems the dems.....
Two more days....
Then we will see some changes.

at least it's obvious that while you blame Trump, even your level of intellect should understand who is really at fault here. Who doesn't want to talk? who doesn't want to compromise? Stay classy.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Anyone against a border wall is pro-slavery and pro-sex/human trafficking.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Painterz

but the shutdown is no big deal
people on here say so

they are probably going to get back pay so they should just shut the # up and take this vacation.

i mean when they cant pay their rent or their bills right now all they need to do is tell the credit company to chill out.
back pay is a coming

Nobody is shedding tears over useless government scabs losing a paycheck

The majority of government workers are useless. Overpaid, overcompensated and underworked to go along with a significant percentage who have completely unnecessary and pointless jobs that should be slashed and eradicated.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Ohanka

we have unfilled jobs at the moment. Not unemployment. We can leave the jobs unfilled of course. Thats always good for business.
The immigrants are not taking your job. You're just being paranoid.

Another leftist loser that doesnt know jack about industry's that illegals are destroying. Like construction.

Please do shut up until you gain some knowledge.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
lol if you dont think the spice flows in from mexico

you naive af

Not naive. Just stupid.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Winninnnngggg!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

a reply to: Painterz

but the shutdown is no big deal
people on here say so

they are probably going to get back pay so they should just shut the # up and take this vacation.

i mean when they cant pay their rent or their bills right now all they need to do is tell the credit company to chill out.
back pay is a coming

Nobody is shedding tears over useless government scabs losing a paycheck

The majority of government workers are useless. Overpaid, overcompensated and underworked to go along with a significant percentage who have completely unnecessary and pointless jobs that should be slashed and eradicated.

Oh yeah? What about your oh so precious ICE agents!?!

THE BORDER IS NOW LESS SECURE THAN UNDER OBAMA!!!

Your president is throwing a tantrum and ICE gets cut. MS-13 is in your back yard right now!

Man you guys, SMH. No critical thinking in your clique is there?

Tell you what, let's start cutting the chaff at ICE, seeing as how you don't care if they get paid

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

He is not responsible for shutdown Congress is all they had to do was send spending bill back through Senate if it passed by a 2/3rd margin it would have went through and their is not anything Trump could do about it democrats did not want to do that they want to make orange man the villain like they have been doing since their grand ma lost the election on grounds that she was a crooked ole crone but I digress yes Mr Trump has not got his wall finished yet thanks to democrats and a weaponized justice department harassing and interfering with the executive branch and it's operations.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Riiight...play dumb now and try to claim he has been asking for different amounts, when every fiscal year they do ask for different, sometimes the same, amount as in the past... The wall is being build in stages... but go ahead and keep playing dumb.

BTW, the POTUS can ask for an amount, and if the House/Senate do not agree with it, he will ask for other amounts as well trying to "make a deal." Yes even in the government Presidents do try to "make deals." It is "nothing new."

But like I was writing, keep playing dumb. It only shows your dishonesty.

edit on 3-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Riiight...play dumb now and try to claim he has been asking for different amounts,

Err, that's because he has dear. It's all clear in the OP. It's clear to all of us.

It's a big drop dontcha think? from $25 billion to $5.7 billion. Reports are now in of his vice president asking for $2.5 billion now... of course Trump drew the line there and denied it.

when every fiscal year they do ask for different, sometimes the same, amount as in the past...

What on Earth are ya on about? When he asks for funding for the wall, he's asking for the full funding. Come on now, you know this silly.

BTW, the POTUS can ask for an amount, and if the House/Senate do not agree with it, he will ask for other amounts as well trying to "make a deal." Yes even in the government Presidents do try to "make deals."

And how's his deal making going? He made a drop from $25 billion to $5.7 billion and still can't get congress along.

He was more than happy to sign off that $1 trillion corporate tax cut but couldn't score a measily few billion for his wall?

How much in billions did he get for the military?

What about that $1 trillion tax cut for the top 10%

But his wall? Nothing. Nudda.

He's a disaster when it comes to deal making bud. It's clear as day.

Fun times.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join