It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidents taking responsibility.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
How's that Wall coming along? That signature campaign promise from the president you know? Donny? Are we making headway? Sorry I've been out for a while and figured I stop by and get a bit of an update from you wonderful folks.

How's it coming along? I know, so many questiions right? Enquiring minds want to know.

How much again? $25 billion?

No no that's not right, it's $12 billion he wanted for the wall?

No?

No it's $5.7 billion he wants for the wall now right?

Gosh he's slipping ain't he? The Art of the Deal right? I haven't read the book so what do I know?

Is it even a wall now? Looks to me like a fence. Oh and he's shutting down the government now until he gets that $5.7 billion I take it? And he's blaming the Democrats now for the shut down I take it? Didn't he explicitly state he'd take responsibility for the shutdown he clearly planned to bring about?

Wait a minute. didn't Trump have a good 2 years of a GOP controlled house to get his fence going? He was more than happy to pass trillions in Corporate, wealthy tax cuts and the military funding so how could he not get his measily fence passed his own congress right?

Responsibility.

Personal responsibility.

We hear it on this forum a lot but people don't seem to want to practice what they preach. God forbid Trump take any responsibility right? And now here we are, in a government shutdown with thousands going through the holidays without a paycheck... all because mr Deal maker is having a tantrum because he can't make any deals... but we can't tell him to take responsibility as President.

Or maybe he never gave a damn about the wall and he's just saving face after 2 years of no action? I mean we can ask Vic torina Morales, an undocumented Guatemalan national who worked at one of his golf clubs.

Happy New Year folks. I look forward to spending another year with you all.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
it's totally his fault. He secretly told democrats to be assholes and not give him anything. He'a a real pistol.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The party of "No" is a formidable force. It's the ONLY thing the do well, next to dirty politics and destructive agendas of course.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Junk thread via junk user.

when its your family being terrorised by some drug running mexican i hope you have the same snarky attitude.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I work in the private industry and still getting paid so why should I care? See how that works? I’d bet not because the left seems to be the most self-centered assholes you can find.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I also hate the working class and support making them unemployed by flooding a nation with migrants who will do more for less.

This was actually part of the reason Rome fell, but ya know, details.

Whatever saves the rich even more money and works for the corporate benefit right?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why did they need to give him anything? Until today he had a Republican majority in both houses.

The new session of Congress hasn't been seated yet and the Dem controlled House has already done more work on getting us a spending bill passed than the GOP controlled House whose watch this shutdown happened on.

It seems to me it was Trump and his party that dropped the ball and failed to do their jobs. That's not surprising though. The GOP spent eight years doing nothing but shooting down everything Obama wanted. They probably just forgot how to do their job.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Trump was elected on a promise to build that wall.

It's part of his mandate.

I think the wall a inefficient way to stop illegal imm8gration but that is what the people elected.

Trump not shutting down the government.

It's you hypocritical democrats trying to block what the people voted for.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
We should be building some sort of fence with security cameras to help to protect the border. It doesn't have to be continuous, but we need to monitor traffic over the border to keep drugs and terrorists from coming across from the south. Now Canada should be vetting for possible terrorists coming in so we do not have to build a wall up there.

Illegals would not be illegal if we were to lower costs of the paperwork to get citizenship and vetted them as they come through and stopped the people just coming in. People here who are citizens or legal immigrants pay taxes that help our country, an illegal often works for cash, they need to pay taxes on their income just like the rest of us do.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

Why did they need to give him anything? Until today he had a Republican majority in both houses.

The new session of Congress hasn't been seated yet and the Dem controlled House has already done more work on getting us a spending bill passed than the GOP controlled House whose watch this shutdown happened on.

It seems to me it was Trump and his party that dropped the ball and failed to do their jobs. That's not surprising though. The GOP spent eight years doing nothing but shooting down everything Obama wanted. They probably just forgot how to do their job.

Why do people pretend its the republicans stoppong this?

Having a majority means nothing. They need 10 democratic votes.

Read that "THEY NEED 10 DEMOCRATIC VOTES"

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Nice way to start the New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Junk thread via junk user.

when its your family being terrorised by some drug running mexican i hope you have the same snarky attitude.

Classy. Just like a sore loser.

Honestly, the best was the "GoFundMe" for the wall! Now they not only do not want the Mexicans to pay for the wall but themselves, and then they will realize that the GOVERNMENT cannot take private money collected for this project! This was a beautiful scam to relieve Trumpistas from their money, Great Work!

Sorry, but this presidency is just hilarious. Even the best we can do is to congratulate Donald not only on tarnishing his family name for generations, but also that he did not start a Third World War.

Thanx, Donald.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They don't have to give him anything. Most Americans want better border security along the southern border along with real immigration reforms. It's one of the major issues that got Trump elected.

As always congress is running strictly on opposition and obstruction, it happens on both sides and is why congress consistently has a low approval rating.

All they do is work to stop the other side, regardless of the need for legislation. They aren't there to work for the greater good anymore.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Thankfully im from NZ so there is no 'losing'....

If you want to pretend like Trump hasnt kicked goals and changed things for the better, exactly as he promised thats your delusion.

Hows NAFTA?.. thats right its dead and replaced by a program that benefits Americans

Hows those tax cuts? No armageddon like Pelosi said, right?

Hows that unemployment rate, GDP and Dow Jones?

Americans voted Trump in (by a record landslide) on his promise to build a wall to protect American sovereignty... Americans want it.

Democrats all wanted it too, until Trump became President... now its 'obstruct, challenge, squeeze, oppose and disrupt at all costs'

Wake up or grow up.. im sick of people talking nonsense pretending its fact.

And yes... all those livimg in southern states opposing a wall simply because its Trumps idea better make sure theyre homes are protected... by walls... because the dangers from across the border are growing

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
it's totally his fault. He secretly told democrats to be assholes and not give him anything. He'a a real pistol.

Oh and let's not forget before the last midterms, Republicans had the power to pass anything they wanted...and nothing included fundings for trump's wall....whomp womp woooommp ...

How many Bill's and EOs has trump passed since office?

Why not ask this instead of pure conjecture and blaming 'the left'.

Look no further than trump's past tweets on Obama to see his gravitas and pull in the oval office... massage his ego a bit and he thinks he's actually in charge... oh and fire anyone who talks to him like an adult.

I digress, this threads pure bait.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

im pretty sure in near future things come to light and i'm really thrilled to see how you trumpetiers will react. but in the universe of alternative facts you will find a way to spin reality so you can handle it (before your brain explode). happy new year!

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The vast majority of illegal immigrants fly in through an airport and overstay their visa. They do not come in via the southern crossing. Fact.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: network dude

Oh and let's not forget before the last midterms, Republicans had the power to pass anything they wanted...and nothing included fundings for trump's wall....whomp womp woooommp ...

How many Bill's and EOs has trump passed since office?

Why not ask this instead of pure conjecture and blaming 'the left'.

Look no further than trump's past tweets on Obama to see his gravitas and pull in the oval office... massage his ego a bit and he thinks he's actually in charge... oh and fire anyone who talks to him like an adult.

I digress, this threads pure bait.

Any spending bill needs 60 votes in the senate, trump does not have them...the dems are obstructing.

In obamas case, he had a super majority for his first 2 years...he had the 60 votes in the senate.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

The vast majority of illegal immigrants fly in through an airport and overstay their visa. They do not come in via the southern crossing. Fact.

There's truth to that, but most criminals, gangs and drugs as well as repeat deportees almost always enter or reenter the country somewhere along the southern border. Also people that otherwise would not get a visa.

Along with policies that make illegal immigration irresistible including sanctuary cities and states, people who have the belief that they will be given a better life if they get across the border any way they can, many actually believe they will be allowed to stay indefinitely if they bring a child with them.

Not having increased and enhanced security including barriers on the southern border is crazy, and dangerously reckless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join