It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was that a fake boxing match?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Nah more cheese like Japan wwf

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah man I'm with you on this that was some b film acting.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Fans que for ages and pay cash just to watch less than 3 mins of a boxing match?

The only winner here was Mayweather walking away with 7mil.

It should have stated in the contract that you must have at least 5 rounds!

I would be well disappointed waiting all that time to watch that.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: putnam6
Think MMA is great andthey are some bad MF'S but,guys like Mayweather have seen it all and can hit and take a hit. .

absolutely not correct

this fake fight was against a non boxer with boxing rules. even if it was a real fight of course Floyd wins.

Floyd can take the hit????

change the rules up and make it boxing rules but with kicks.
no clinch. no ground. no kicks to the head.

just leg kicks

see how well Floyd handles that.

1 crack to the thigh and he is done

LOL WHAT were the fooking rules...ofcourse somebody trained to kick the chit out of somebody is gonna have an advantage over a boxer who doesnt. Point was none of this MMA fighters punches were effecting Mayfield if they had kicks maybe a different story. But considering Mayweather is the draw to begin with yea he is going to want his rules. Point again the MMA guys punches had no effect lol and it looked like he was trying. Watch from 1.43 to 147 Mayweather landed a body blow and came right back with an upper cut that connected snapping Tenshin's head back.It wasnt faked or staged unless he was paid to get his head jacked. He really got hit.
edit on 1-1-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why don't people get it? MMA vs boxing? Two totally different kettles of fish. You can't just knee someone in the head, take them to the floor and grapple and pound. I mean, it's Floyd Mayweather people! What you gonna do? Duck and weave?
(Disclosure: I like Floyd.)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Exactly, think about having to fight the instinct to kick or grapple when they feel they're in trouble. Almost anyone is at a disadvantage of speed against Mayweather then consider having to fight your instincts the whole time. MacGregor actually did better than I thought he would, but Mayweather actually feared taking a big shot from him. It does look fake as people have said, but has just as much potential of being that big of a mismatch in those confines.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

cool

the best boxer ever beat a non boxer in a fake fight.

that your point?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

cool

that your point?

No a great boxer beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match, just cause it wasnt MMA rules doesnt make it fake. Tengin certainly knew the rules going in or did the switch them at ringside when the fighters were announced. You can call it lopsided unfair twisted but it wasn't fake both sides agreed to the rules . LOL of course I didnt pay to watch that chit either.
edit on 1-1-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

cool

that your point?

No a great boxer beat an MMA fighter in a boxing match, just cause it wasnt MMA rules doesnt make it fake. Tengin certainly knew the rules going in or did the switch them at ringside when the fighters were announced. You can call it lopsided unfair twisted but it wasn't fake both sides agreed to the rules . LOL of course I didnt pay to watch that chit either.

sorry my friend
we are just not going to agree

that fight was fake

its not about how good floyd looked
its about tenshin way overselling it

fake

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

He most certainly hits hard he just know known for going for knockout blows, that's because he's not open to exposing himself. In a actually boxing match with a boxer that has the power to knock him out he isnt going to open himself up to that because he knows he can win any match tactically, it wasn't necessary for this bout.

I'm not saying its not fake or set up, but how he boxes somebody he has no fear of vs looking to keep perfection in a bout he could possibly lose is a mentality changer, different contextual situations change "standards".

That first left he landed he actually punched through it, he usually stops and pulls back just after contact to set up for the next blow.

I'm pretty sure Mayweather isn't known as a "knock out" puncher. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mayweather's claim to fame his defense and stamina??

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Looked real
Looked like a huge mismatch, the mma fighter just got clipped and it was over

What would you expect?

Um...I've seen a bunch of Tenshin's fights. He gets hit harder than that pretty often...and then bounces back with a lot more resolve. Besides, Mayweather has NEVER been known to hit hard. He's made a career of defense and stamina.

Yeah well
I just think the hit was pretty hard
Think he took a few to the head and it rocked him

Though I do not know Tenshin so
Just looked like Mayweather took to him boxing and Tenshin wasnt up to it

Would love to see Mayweather mix it MMA style but thats just silly

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Did you really watch it though? It's clear to me than Tenshin was afraid of Mayweather from the start and Mayweather knew it. He is bold, like a cat playing with a mouse. I'm not disparaging Tenshin's talents at all; he has great footwork, speed and an excellent jab and cross.

Mayweather knocked him down three times. The last, was a shot directly on the top of his skull, after having already had his bell rung twice. Mayweather is the superior gladiator. There can be only one, and he is it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It was supposed to say he's not known for going for knockout blows. He's a tactician and aside from when he was younger or a few times in certain matches he hardly throws hard punches. After a certain point in his career being perfect he essentially started fencing in matches, it was about landing blows just to score points.

Maybe it was because it was rigged or maybe because he knew he was that much superior, but he actually punched through and wanted a knockout in this fight. Just because its not his norm to KO people in his later years doesnt mean he cant. With his speed and strength I believe it would be impossible for him to beable to knock people out.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Scripted?
You think all contact sports are scripted?

Hmm well when I beat Simon Marini at Ultimate Cage Wars in the 3rd round with a broken orbital bone, nose and fractured cheek bone, there was no “Script” given to me for that.
Hell, the amount of pain my face was in for a month was not worth the measly $1000.00 I got for winning the fight either. If I was told by the promoter that I have to let Simon knee me to the face in a clinch before I could win, I would of told them to shove that 1 grand up their own arse.

I agree there have been instances that matches were thrown.
But not all contact sports are scripted as you say.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It was real, IMO.
The first knockdown shot hit him at the very worst spot to get hit, towards the top of the head, behind the ear.
Does real damage to your equilibrium.

Not to mention Mayweather likely outweighed the kid by a good 20 pounds, at least.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You sure it was that event?
I just looked him up.
He has 3 fights at UCW and won them all.

Not calling you a liar.
Just creeping.

Was going to look at your record.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join