It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was that a fake boxing match?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Uhh just watched the Mayweather vs Tenshin fight...

They way Tenshin flops to the ground reminded me of Japanese wrestling.

I watched the whole thing then scrolled to comments and so far its literally FAKE dafuq!

Well Happy New Years.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If you didn’t think it was fake before, that’s an indication of your lack of critical thought.

Joke’s on you: you watched it.

Noob.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

I wasn't sure what it was going to be one point was mma then it wasn't then it was just boxing then it was an exhibition then i heard it was back to some mma crap lol.

It's okay. I paid nothing, yar har matey.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
If you didn’t think it was fake before, that’s an indication of your lack of critical thought.

Noob.
[/quote

Gunna agree with ya man. As much as I would like to believe these matches are fair, reality sets in slaps me in the face.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think both needed some money. But by the looks of it, it surely was a mixmatch match.
And I do believe lots of people now have cameras that can tell the speed of the punches and in slow motion the actual "hard or fake" punch. Not going to go over to well if someone exposes that. Just think of baseball pitches how the camera takes in the speed.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

Noob.

I watched it a few times. It's a good study of fake media. Did you notice how... oh, I guess you didn't watch it, so, no, you did not notice... I guess you must feel you have nothing left to learn, but jokes on you: You still have plenty more to learn but yet believe that refusing to watch this makes you somehow smarter but all you're really doing is refusing to learn.

And I'm actually just messing around with you, I didn't watch it either but I might. I just wanted to make sure that you and everybody else in the world knows that, if I do decide to watch it, that doesn't make me the butt of some grand cosmic joke, it doesn't make me stupid, or gullible, or naive about the realities of human life. It just makes me inquisitive. Nothing more.

I cant watch it anyway, people are sleeping ok? Yeah I'd love to watch it and tell you what I think. But you know what? I CANT. And nothing you can do or say is ever going to change that...

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Japanese Wrestling as in Sumo?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Looked real
Looked like a huge mismatch, the mma fighter just got clipped and it was over

What would you expect?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I was telling a friend of mine last night that the way he got to his feet gave him away.

I've been a boxing and fight fan my whole life and I have never seen a person get up like that unless they were acting in a movie or in a wrestling match pretending to be more hurt than they are.

Watch 100 people getting up after a knockdown...I doubt you will ever see someone act and react the way the Japanese guy did.
Bob Sapp fights excluded.

It looks to me like the Japanese guy took a dive.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I've seen wrestling matches that looked more real. The belief that any of these professional sports are not scripted amazes me. Even football. These are multimillion dollar businesses designed to make money. Are they going to leave the outcome to chance? It does take real skill to play out these games but that doesn't mean the outcome is undetermined. Especially where the stakes involve big money. If these games were real, we would see a lot more injuries.

And don't get me started on the lottery.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I dont think the guy had to take a dive,didnt look like he could touch Mayweather. Think MMA is great andthey are some bad MF'S but,guys like Mayweather have seen it all and can hit and take a hit. The last punch just knocked him over,it was the one before that made him blow snot bubbles.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

what are thier weights ?????????????

there SEEMS to be a huge disparity

which - in 2 proffessionals = cue farce

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Uhh just watched the Mayweather vs Tenshin fight...

They way Tenshin flops to the ground reminded me of Japanese wrestling.

I watched the whole thing then scrolled to comments and so far its literally FAKE dafuq!

Well Happy New Years.

Well, No. My old time Ali/ Frazier bouts are running in my head and that was like those hits very rough for the opponent. That was a major beat down.

That 1st big hit was brutal. After that one stunned him , he had no chance. The look on his face after that 1st big lick that rocked him to the ground said "uh oh"!. He got hit lighter the other two times he fell but that one to the nose for the finisher was a lights out punch for most people. I wouldn't ever want any of those three punches that I just saw.

edit on 1-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i dont know what a couple of you watched.
saying it was real and a beat down

this was the fakest # ever

i have a thread on it and still cant figure out the angle but definitely not real.

look how Tenshin looked when he got knocked down. especially the 3rd one
you dont look like that when you get knocked down.

especially if you watch it slowed down.

Tenshin reminds me of the news dude that was leaning the wrong way in the storm.

but why?

lets say it was real and Floyd was really cracking him.
why would Tenshin oversell the shots? why would he go all floppy and make it look fake?
why fake or make look worse what was going to happen anyway?

en exhibition match is so you can exhibit your skills.
thats not what this was

this was very strange

and Floyd made 9 million in 5 minutes.

the fix was definitely in. just not sure the exact angle

Sakikuraba got mixed up with some organized crime dudes back when he was running Pride. owed money. that kind of #
Pride wound up taking a dump and UFC bought it

maybe Rizin is having trouble and they figured out a way to make massive amounts of money fast.
set the fix and then bet on your boy to lose?

whatever the situation was it was not an actual legit fight.

Floyd never goes hard like that anway.
he was not fighting all tight with the Philly Shell. he was throwing harder/more than he usually does

all seems strange

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Think MMA is great andthey are some bad MF'S but,guys like Mayweather have seen it all and can hit and take a hit. .

absolutely not correct

this fake fight was against a non boxer with boxing rules. even if it was a real fight of course Floyd wins.

Floyd can take the hit????

change the rules up and make it boxing rules but with kicks.
no clinch. no ground. no kicks to the head.

just leg kicks

see how well Floyd handles that.

1 crack to the thigh and he is done

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It's totally real, Stone Cold Steve Austin is more authentic.

That's the funny part about this 'bout'-you may dismiss the WWE but they do put their bodies on the line, this was just a ka-ching bout by the looks of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

It's totally real, Stone Cold Steve Austin is more authentic.

That's the funny part about this 'bout'-you may dismiss the WWE but they do put their bodies on the line, this was just a ka-ching bout by the looks of it.

good point

that would be the way to sell the fight better

cant risk too many head shots at full power just in case of a KO but you can throw/land some.
can get rough in the clinch. some shoves.
hit the body a bit.

make it look like a fight.

this did not look like a fight at all

i dont understand people that say it was. its like we didnt watch the same thing

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Usually he sits back and counters but he didnt have any fear of catching one from this guy, plus he seemed to scared to come in close enough to even have an exchange. I get that it does look fake, but I believe it could also be could just be the guy was that outmatched and not used to being hit with soo much speed and power, with the extra weight of the gloves.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Looked real
Looked like a huge mismatch, the mma fighter just got clipped and it was over

What would you expect?

Um...I've seen a bunch of Tenshin's fights. He gets hit harder than that pretty often...and then bounces back with a lot more resolve. Besides, Mayweather has NEVER been known to hit hard. He's made a career of defense and stamina.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

He most certainly hits hard he just know known for going for knockout blows, that's because he's not open to exposing himself. In a actually boxing match with a boxer that has the power to knock him out he isnt going to open himself up to that because he knows he can win any match tactically, it wasn't necessary for this bout.

I'm not saying its not fake or set up, but how he boxes somebody he has no fear of vs looking to keep perfection in a bout he could possibly lose is a mentality changer, different contextual situations change "standards".

That first left he landed he actually punched through it, he usually stops and pulls back just after contact to set up for the next blow.
edit on 1/1/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join