It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often must a member post...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
... to avoid the annoying pop-up ads?

Thanks

P.S. I guess the post is too short. Therefore. ATS has little of interest any longer, but I do check in from time to time and see what is being discussed (I use the term loosely). However the ads are a true pain in the keester so to speak. I'd like to know just how much participation is required to 'turn-off' the ads. Average per day or week or month, just tell me how it works.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Don’t think that works any more.

I’m getting ads now and never used to.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I get them on the side and on the bottom...
Nobody wants to this.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Don't know what is going on but I don't get any ads and my blocker is off. Hmmmm A true consprcy for 2019.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
I get them on the side and on the bottom...
Nobody wants to this.

You must be on a laptop or pc. I noticed that on my laptop. On my phone its just on the bottom. I'm actually ok with the ones on my phone since I can click out of them.....except they come back! And if I zoom in while replying or whatever, they get HUGE and sometimes I accidentally click on them...which is prolly what they want lol.

I'll pay 5 bucks a month to have no ads. No problem. If I can't afford it? I get ads. I think that's fair. ATS has to generate revenue somehow.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
are those popups from ATS, or are they adware your device has been infected with? i had a problem on some websites, but not others a couple years back. until i ran an ad ware clearing program.

another thing i have noticed is popups can be a regional thing dependant on where you are. i noticed for example on the exact same computer i got many more ads while in North America than in other areas of the world. and those popups in North America were far more likely to be planting stuff onto your computer. and/or not letting you escape the popup page without accepting what they wanted to put on. taking a lot of work to shut them down, sometimes even requiring a reboot to get rid of them. and as soon as i left NA those popups all went away.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Funny I don't get ads. On a laptop. Although it does show 88,890 ads show up, so I wonder what is really going on?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Don't know what is going on but I don't get any ads and my blocker is off. Hmmmm A true consprcy for 2019.

I dont get any either and ATS is whitelisted on my adblock.

I am almost always signed in.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I never get any ads after checking in, I cannot understand what some of you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I never get ads on my iPad, but on desktop...that’s another story.
I’m on here everyday posting.
Come to think of it, it’s probably time for me to throw some funds in the pot around here.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I thought, if I joined, the BS would go away. I can tell you for a fact, ATS was taken over, a few years ago, , and that is when the BS, started. It is not the same as it originally was, by any stretch. Interestingly enough I could not find a Wiki on this website.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I periodically whitelist ATS, and every time it makes it practically unusable. Then reverse course. I am on other forums that have ads and no need for adblock, but here they are highly and unacceptably intrusive on the content.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Let's be real folks... ATS has evolved into being a domain of nostalgia, instead of denial of ignorance. Users of ATS come here for what it once was, and not for where it is going tomorrow. ATS sees this, has not denied the ignorance of it all, but clearly ignores every one of the pleas to address ads. Blood can be squeezed from rocks if they are arraigned in a digital quarry.

Q Anon is the primary mediator of almost all hotbed items of conspiracy related to current events. I highly doubt Q is posting on ATS. There's a small chance that Q intended to use ATS as a primary source of communication, but the ads were the deciding factor to communicate elsewhere.

I can't say I blame ATS. If I failed at promoting my slogan, slowly lost my relevancy and or market share of conspiracy discussion, then users would likely view my business strategy shift to pull as many resources out of a sinking ship as I could.

That's what I see going on... the invasive ads are not just ads, but are machine learning algorithms. The reason ATS is displayed as being 'Not secure' in red on the toolbar, is because ATS is in fact not secure. When products of such are free, then you are most likely the product.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Closed.

There are other threads that discuss ads and their possible issues.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are not to be used to bash ATS, which is a free website commumity.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

top topics

join