It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joshua's Mission: Cleaning the Gene Pool

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath." Amos 2:9

one of the most troubling accounts in the Bible is when Joshua and the children of Israel were sent to Canaan and told to kill all the Amorites that lived there, a mission described as genocidal.
why this extreme activity?
the Bible mentions a time when the 'sons of God' mated with the 'daughters of men' and produced a group of people called the 'Nephilim', described as giants and 'mighty men'. apparently these people were not nice; by the time of Noah the Bible laments how evil was on people's hearts and minds continuously. God decides to wipe out the human race, except for Noah and his family.
Noah is described as the last righteous man. could this be an allusion to his genetics?
now let's back up a bit. who were the 'sons of God'? many speculate that these were angels who took human form to procreate with women. mechanics of taking a human form aside, why? I can think of three reasons.

1) curious about the whole sex thing. angels saw to what lengths men would go to couple with women and wanted to try it themselves.
2) desire to procreate. angels are described as 'not marrying nor given in marriage'; presumably they are non-gender. perhaps watching humans reproduce, creating little extensions of themselves, inspired them to do the same.
as I recall the robot Data did that in an episode of ST:TNG, basing a new entity based on his programming, an extension of himself.
3) desire to interfere with God's plan. God created humans 'in His Image', unlike any other created beings. imagine you are an angel and you hate God. how would you express this hatred? throw stones at the pearly gates? kick the walls? or would you mess with His children?

anyone remember the scene at the end of Braveheart when the princess, the king's daughter-in-law (Monica Belucci), tells Longshanks (Patrick McGoohan) that she is carrying Mel Gibson's baby, and the next King of England will be from Gibson's seed, not McGoohan's. ouch!

so demons conspired to bring non-human DNA into the world.
interestingly, we see this concept in non-Judeo-Christian myth. Greco-Roman mythology tells of 'gods' having intercourse with humans (almost always male gods and human females) and producing 'demi-gods' of great strength and power (Hercules).
so God caused the flood to clear out all the demon DNA and purify humanity.
but its not that simple...

edit on 31-12-2018 by ElGoobero because: add quote

edit on 31-12-2018 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
after Noah's time we again hear of giants, specifically in the land of Canaan. there was a group called the Amorites; when Israel sent spies they were terrified; 'we were like grasshoppers in their sight'.
where did they come from? presumably one of Noah's daughters-in-law had some Nephilim dna in her.
as we know Israel eventually did go into Canaan and kill most, if not all, of the inhabitants.
as late as the time of David there were a few giants left (Goliath and his brothers, Og of Bashan), but after we hear no more accounts of giants / nephilim. presumably with the passage of Goliath and family the giant / demon DNA was acceptably cleansed from the earth.
even today we have people of unusual size, but these are not the same. most of them have heart and joint issues as their physical infrastructure is not meant for seven foot or more bodies. the menacing giants of old are no more.
so when Joshua and the children of Israel wiped out the Canaanites, they were rescuing humanity from a race of evil giants trying to corrupt us.

edit on 31-12-2018 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Excellent subject......great ....NOAH was special somehow......my thread said maybe he was God's patch in the gene code

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Lots of non-human DNA in the world.
Before and after humans existed.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Lots of non-human DNA in the world.
Before and after humans existed.

Neanderthal and Denisovian?
maybe they were part Nephilim.
not sure if 'lots' though
edit on 31-12-2018 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Excellent subject......great ....NOAH was special somehow......my thread said maybe he was God's patch in the gene code

linque to thread in question?

maybe you already said what I'm saying

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I was thinking insects, amphibians, fish, cetaceans, things like that.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You knew what he was talking about, but you just had to be that guy.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

fair enough
I'm no expert but I understand terrestrial life shares much dna as we are on the same planet, drink the same water, live under the same sun, have the same weather, deal with the same diseases, and of course eat the same food. makes sense we and, say, monkeys share eat-and-digest-bananas dna.
also as I understand it, the ultimate test of dna is reproduction. we and monkeys can both eat bananas but we don't have enough compatible dna to produce offspring. as the Bible says, we all reproduce after our own kind.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

God and angels and demons and stuff.

Oh my. Do they have DNA?

edit on 12/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Somebody always wants a bit more attention than what they are currently getting

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah. It is sort of silly thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah. It is sort of silly thread.

Why derail if it is silly to you? There are lots of people smarter than you and I that enjoy theological discussions. I am not sure why you need To act like a prick about someone else’s topic of interest.

I enjoy following along with discussions outside of my area of interest and beliefs from time to time. It can be fun.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Derail? How so?

By pointing out that "non-human DNA" is, and has been, quite prevalent on this planet? For a very long time?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Derail? How so?

By pointing out that "non-human DNA" is, and has been, quite prevalent on this planet? For a very long time?

By being deliberately obtuse. You knew what he meant.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I like these biblical interpretations. Especially when they get linked to Movies like Braveheart. But perhaps "The Last Temptation of Christ" would be more appropriate; imo there's your DNA.
edit on 31-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by NthOther removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So are you saying you didn't understand the context?
Interesting

While I tend to agree with you about the nature of the thread, think it's a bit arrogant to go all atheist fundie because it's not to your liking.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I've always been intrigued by stories of giant skeletons dug up in the past. Something something red-haired giants in North America. Interesting topic!

www.ancient-origins.net...

www.cdapress.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

God and angels and demons and stuff.

Oh my. Do they have DNA?

Oh. Of course.

And Waves...Lots of Waves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join