It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Democrat Majority U.S. House Will Vote To Re-Open Government on January 3rd 2019.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

You mean mattis who was just a short time ago the best people?

Translation is mattis isnt a bitch ass yes man that trump requires so he must go. No longer the best.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hold for The Wall !!

Have any of the people against Trump Wall provided any proof that tall/deep/long walls don't work?

Eyeball the coastline of the US that's not fenced in... and you can start with south Texas and south California.

It's kind of like putting up a fence on the left side of your yard only and expecting the neighborhood cats won't wander into your yard.

Immigrants (legal and illegal) come in from many directions. I know one (arrested and deported several times) who came in via plane with a green card and kept overstaying his visa... and that's not uncommon.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Hold for The Wall !!

Have any of the people against Trump Wall provided any proof that tall/deep/long walls don't work?

Eyeball the coastline of the US that's not fenced in... and you can start with south Texas and south California.

It's kind of like putting up a fence on the left side of your yard only and expecting the neighborhood cats won't wander into your yard.

Immigrants (legal and illegal) come in from many directions. I know one (arrested and deported several times) who came in via plane with a green card and kept overstaying his visa... and that's not uncommon.

We are talking numbers here, do you expect 100,000s to pour in from the ocean? Seems the ocean would be much easier to monitor too.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Good...Government Shut downs are so stupid. All it does is inconvenience the American citizen and hurt federal workers and the Military.

Only a jack.... would shut down the government. Since when did this become the Norm?

You don't get your way, so you have a temper tantrum?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Only a jack.... would shut down the government. Since when did this become the Norm?

That pretty much sums it up. Today the President made them another offer and the Dims said nope. They are an embarrassment all the way around.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Hold for The Wall !!

We are talking numbers here, do you expect 100,000s to pour in from the ocean? Seems the ocean would be much easier to monitor too.

They will come in as they've always come, in small groups or in groups that are here on green cards and overstay their visas. Land crossing is less dangerous than boat, but if the land is closed, all they have to do is get someone to bring them in a boat. I doubt they'll be doing larger boats as they do in the Mediterranean, though they might. Experienced sailors can tell you that there's no check point on the ocean or in the Gulf.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

That pretty much sums it up. Today the President made them another offer and the Dims said nope. They are an embarrassment all the way around.

Apparently goes back to 1976 and Gerald Ford, accrding to this site

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

They will come in as they've always come, in small groups or in groups that are here on green cards and overstay their visas. Land crossing is less dangerous than boat, but if the land is closed, all they have to do is get someone to bring them in a boat. I doubt they'll be doing larger boats as they do in the Mediterranean, though they might. Experienced sailors can tell you that there's no check point on the ocean or in the Gulf.

You still need a boat...
Once again ...In Nov 51,000 were apprehended, how many more actually made it in just walking with the cloths on their backs?

Green Card is extremely hard to get and is good for 10 years, it is designed so that the person actually becomes a citizen in those 10 years.

BTW my company makes a drone that can radar scan 1000 sq miles of Ocean in an hour and pick out coke cans... just saying.

edit on 2-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

But it's both sides. And who actually shut down the government? Was it Trump or the Democrats in congress?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What do YOU think should be included in any Government Funding Bill, for Democrats to also agree to $5 Billion in Wall, and other Homeland Security funding?

A boot to every Democrat House member's ass should be included to ensure Wall funding at this point.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So how exactly is a government shutdown effecting "all"?

Well they sure can't impeach Trump if government is shut down.

That will effect all those with TDS.

edit on 2-1-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Here is a powerful graphic, illustrating how ludacris it is for Pelosi to have her panties in a knot over Wall Funding.
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What do YOU think should be included in any Government Funding Bill, for Democrats to also agree to $5 Billion in Wall, and other Homeland Security funding?

A boot to every Democrat House member's ass should be included to ensure Wall funding at this point.

At the very least, a LISTING of those in Congress who accept American Deaths from Illegals and Drugs, should be published far and wide.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
UH OH... ahead of tonight's House vote to reopen government, "cracks" are occuring in the GOP's resolve.

Story: thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

People forget that any crazy,
retributive law passed by congress, requires both the
GOP majority Senate and the
Republican President to also
approve and therefore make
a law that goes on the books.

The way congress genuflecting,
it is they that should be impeached and removed,
saving taxpayers hundreds of
thousands of dollars for each
snowflake liberal nutcase that
is removed.

They can't reopen the gov on their own.
edit on 3-1-2019 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDidHappen

People forget that any crazy,
retributive law passed by congress, requires both the
GOP majority Senate and the
Republican President to also
approve and therefore make
a law that goes on the books.

The way congress genuflecting,
it is they that should be impeached and removed,
saving taxpayers hundreds of
thousands of dollars for each
snowflake liberal nutcase that
is removed.

They can't reopen the gov on their own.

But if Trump and all the Republicans wanted the Government open, it would be open. Yes the Dems could obstruct them, but I think this all lies with Trump.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

78 year old panties make me shudder to think of.

Maybe she'll fall I'll go to hospital forget where she is and never return. Then the speaker position will be filled by Ocasio.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I want a real budget, a wall, and spending cuts.
I will get the wall before the other two and that's Trump's fault as much as Congress.

What spending should be cut? The most money goes to Government-provided Healthcare. 2nd on the list is Government pensions.
Pie Chart 2019: www.usgovernmentspending.com...

You do realize that number is absent any FICA taxes collected? It is only what is paid out.
$1.2 Trillion was paid in for social insurance programs last year.

US Governent Revenue

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

That's good to know, SS! I didn't think the government would print the money needed.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDidHappen
a reply to: carewemust

78 year old panties make me shudder to think of.

Maybe she'll fall I'll go to hospital forget where she is and never return. Then the speaker position will be filled by Ocasio.

Evil people are often the LAST to die.

Example of Evil: Nancy Pelosi slips $5 million into the budget the House plans to pass tonight, for ABORTIONS.

Source: twitter.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join