It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Democrat Majority U.S. House Will Vote To Re-Open Government on January 3rd 2019.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can’t The President just veto any bill they proper anyway?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We will see more BS shenanigans from the looney left, with Nancy "botox" Polosi trying to wrangle the helm of the House. Dipshyte Schumer will blabber on incessantly, and nothing will get accomplished by those two weasels. What a motley crew, those leftist scum-sucking bâtardes.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: antmax21
Can’t The President just veto any bill they proper anyway?

The head of the U.S. Senate says that any bill the President won't sign, will not even be considered by the Senate. It will be essentially DOA at the Senate's front door. Apparently McConnell will ask the President about any funding bill passed by the U.S. House. Trump says "No", Senate won't even look at it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFMadison

You're right. After the Government Funding shenanigans, Pelosi will try to Impeach the President. She's already hired a lawyer who will work with the House Majority Democrats to make this happen. Of course, the Senate will shoot it down, but the Mainstream Media terrorsts will waste a lot of time, and have fun, reporting on the House's impeachment activities.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: Xcathdra

So the Dems in the house voting to re-open the government means they dont know how bills or the government work?

What are you on about?

Correct.

Any legislation that is passed by either house (that does get reconciled and passed for potus signature / veto) expires at the start of every new Congress. Legislation must be resubmitted in each house and a vote must occur, again.

Democrats cant assume leadership in the House and try to pass a bill by using legislation that passed the Senate in the previous Congress. They were trying to say they would use a senate bill that passed with something like 90+ votes in the previous Congress. It doesnt work that way.

You up to speed now?
edit on 2-1-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So I guess the people out of work will remain out of work for the foreseeable future as the democratic house is using the shutdown as a weapon to impeach the president?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
So I guess the people out of work will remain out of work for the foreseeable future as the democratic house is using the shutdown as a weapon to impeach the president?

Most of the people on vacation will get retroactive back pay. The Senate passed that resolution on 12/21/2018.

Pelosi/House futile effort to impeach President Trump will come after the Government reopens.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

An impeachment based on nothing and will likely fail badly. These Democrats are itching to get back at the republicans for their beloved Clinton impeachment.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Not really if Senate liked the bill that president vetoed then all they would have had to do was vote again if 2/3rds voted for bill it would automatically become law because they had overridden potus veto.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We all understand that the most any "wall building" money could accomplish would be in areas that already have a wall or fencing, yes?

We all understand that due to the geography of the U.S. Mexico border, some areas of a "wall" would be up to fifty miles in from the border, and that said lands are mainly privately owned and would need to be acquired by the U.S. via a lengthy eminent domain process, yes?

Will he end up getting his whole 5 billion? Maybe. Will any part of a new wall exist at the end of his term? Highly doubtful.

The Mayor of Laredo, TX was successful in getting the border patrol to remove razor wire recently installed because it ran though a public park where children play, and the mayor understands the economics of people crossing legally and illegally, and what it means for Laredo's bottom line for businesses and in tax revenue.

The Wall is this decades Bridge to Nowhere.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: projectvxn

Not really if Senate liked the bill that president vetoed then all they would have had to do was vote again if 2/3rds voted for bill it would automatically become law because they had overridden potus veto.

That happened 20 days ago here in Illinois. Republican governor signed ObamaCare alternative promoted by Trump Admin into law. Democrat legislature overrode the governor 7 days later...squashing the ObamaCare alternative. IDIOTS.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Back pay is going to be awesome for bills due now.

Hahaha

I love how so many of you dismiss the fact that people are not getting paid.

Most will get retro pay maybe.
But when?

All you people acting like you give a # about others.
You don't.

But the wall will save lives man.

Bull#

You don't care about anyone's life like you don't care they're not being paid.

Your ruse is see through

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

A section of that public park near Laredo was in the U.S., and part of it was in Mexico?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

People are laid off in private industry every day, and never get back pay. Government workers will get it. No tears shed for them. I hope they're making the most of their vacation, knowing that they will get paid for it.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: TinySickTears

People are laid off in private industry every day, and never get back pay. Government workers will get it. No tears shed for them. I hope they're making the most of their vacation, knowing that they will get paid for it.

Some might get it but who knows when.

That helps very little right now.
Lay offs in private sector has nothing to do with this.

Fact is you don't care.

Just get that wall up.
Who cares about border patrol and tsa working for free?

I mean wind bag trump supporters said it's no big deal.

Why call yourself carewemust?

It's clear from all your posts that you only care if it is right wing Republican trump bull#.

Certainly don't care about people not getting paid cause orange is having a tantrum.

So who must we care about?
edit on 2-1-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

Is amnesty here? Is it on the table?
A path to citizenship for those who are here? Is that here?

I think DACA will be, now that guy that came over last week maybe not...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

2 thoughts:

- Getting the government doing what we elect (and pay) them to do is a top priority. I can't believe you people argue over which party is better when they do this crap year after year. Its like arguing over which pile of vomit is better. I just don't get it....
- Passing spending bills without a budget is wholly unacceptable. It should not be allowed to happen as its blind spending. I am appalled that the people trusted with leadership don't actually make an attempt to lead, and instead spend their entire (and i do mean entire) time trying to "get" the opposition party

Its all so pathetic. My angst is moving from the elected to the electors. At this point i'd say that anyone voting for D or R is an enemy of the people.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And yet, there are federal workers who are not being paid.

You know that old saying... If you are not sure that a task/process is worth keeping don't do it for 60 days and if no one complains stop doing completely. This is a perfect opportunity to weed out a good chunk of the Government using this approach...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its all so pathetic. My angst is moving from the elected to the electors. At this point i'd say that anyone voting for D or R is an enemy of the people.

Congress has been in the teens for approval ratings for decades and people keep voting the same idiots right back into office for decades.

Its no wonder this keeps happening and that Congress typically feels the President is a non-player as they just need to wait him out as he can only do 8 years total and they do decade after decade.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Trump is speaking now live at his cabinet meeting and answering questions.

He's saying a LOT..says he essentially fired Mattis because he wasn't getting the job done in Afghanistan. He's on a rant.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join