It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Democrat Majority U.S. House Will Vote To Re-Open Government on January 3rd 2019.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, the NYT article says the Israel/WestBank wall has reduced terrorist attacks inside Israel since its 2002 construction.
Ah. So, all those terrorist attacks from Guatemala will be reduced. That's good.

The $5 Billion is debatable.
The $5 billion is a token. Not even a down payment. But at least Trump wouldn't have to lie when he says "the wall is being built", like he did. That's good. The wall will reduce the number of the president's lies.

Wanna bet?

edit on 12/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I hear Democrats will agree to the Wall if contractors use a migrant worker visa system !!
🏗

The migrant workers would have to be watched closely, to make sure they don't leave "weak" spots in the structure.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Phage
To the OP... hold fast for the wall.
Period.

With the Military Budget and Drug $$ Seizures available as alternative options for funding Trump Wall, it will be built.

No.

Now it's a pissing contest between the Democrats (who are not actually in power but they love to act like it) and the President, who is backed by the people who elected him in the first place for this very issue.

No alternative measures, no nothing.

Don't pass a damn thing that doesn't have wall spending in it.

NOTHING.

Time to put the bullies in their place.

edit on 31-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Not looking forward to it, lets see how much they'll screw up this time.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Congress considers itself to important to not get paid.

Well, we elect them. If that's how they feel, Americans seem to be OK with it.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Most importantly, the Wall will reduce the number of American Citizen deaths, injuries and sicknesses.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Most importantly, the Wall will reduce the number of American Citizen deaths, injuries and sicknesses.

No it won't.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

To the OP... hold fast for the wall.
Period.

With the Military Budget and Drug $$ Seizures available as alternative options for funding Trump Wall, it will be built.

No.
Now it's a pissing contest between the Democrats (who are not actually in power but they love to act like it) and the President, who is backed by the people who elected him in the first place for this very issue.
No alternative measures, no nothing.
Don't pass a damn thing that doesn't have wall spending in it.
NOTHING.
Time to put the bullies in their place.

Come to think of it, with an incoming Democrat House Majority, NOW is the best time to really demonstrate that Democrats really don't care about individual Americans.

The longer Democrats withhold measures that save American lives, the more callous and selfish they prove themselves to be.

Americans will finally see what the Democrat party's top priorities are...and that those priorities don't include YOU or ME.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No it won't.

Common sense says the wall will reduce threats to American citizens. Are you removing common-sense from your assessment?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No it won't.

some think it will.

abcnews.go.com...

The shooting death of a California police officer has reignited the debate over sanctuary laws, with a sheriff all but blaming the statewide immigration policy for the killing as he announced the arrest of a man living in the U.S. illegally.

Kate Steinle also

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

No it won't.

Common sense says the wall will reduce threats to American citizens. Are you removing common-sense from your assessment?

No. I'm using it.
How many people are killed by those who cross the border illegally as compared to killed by those who do not?
How many people are infected by diseases by those who cross the border illegally as compared to those who do not?

Show me the statistics. You want to use common sense, right? Logic, right? Or are you saying that these things are not included in common sense?

Yes, one death is too many. I get that. But that one person may has well been killed by a drunk driver. Common sense doesn't not indicate that a wall would change much of any thing in any practical sense.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
Not looking forward to it, lets see how much they'll screw up this time.

No "screw ups", because the leader of the Senate said that any House package which doesn't include Wall funding is DOA. It will not even be brought to the Senate floor for a vote.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Statistics are not needed. Elementary common-sense works just fine:

"One person who doesn't get into America and kills a U.S. citizen, is a good thing for Americans".

If that statement is not truth to you, I'm done.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

"One person who doesn't get into America and kills a U.S. citizen, is a good thing for Americans".

If that statement is not truth to you, I'm done.

It is an absurd oversimplification for those who dwell on such. It means that all immigration should be ceased. That no one should cross our borders.

Is that your position?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Unfortunately, House member Mark Meadows:

1.) Doesn't seem to realize that he is now in the minority.

2.) Didn't do what he could to promote Wall funding before now.

Statement from Mark Meadows: twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

2.) Didn't do what he could to promote Wall funding before now.

For example?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hold for The Wall !!

Have any of the people against Trump Wall provided any proof that tall/deep/long walls don't work?

No.
And 100% of them lock their doors, why?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No it won't.

Common sense says the wall will be in litigation and only be built on flat BlM land.

Eminent domain litigation takes years and trump will be gone. Plus the money will be sucked off by bureaucrats and contractors and lawyers.

The wall is just the symbol trump uses to keep his base riled up. It works and trump will photo op by a prototype and say how beautiful as the
Mexicans mock him as they board the plane to Atlanta with a tourist visa in their pocket.

deny ignorance.
edit on 31-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

just a clarification...if I take care of my household responsibly, and I invite as many others as can be justified to be grown into contributing members for the over all good of the community...

how open should my doors be open and when does one side of the argument destroy the accomodations of the other?

I used to think you were intelligent.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Approximately 4,300 American citizens are killed every year by illegal immigrants.

If we got rid of those it would save approximately 4,300 deaths a year.

To help you understand this, I'll quote Obama...

"If it only saves one child's life, it would be worth it."

Why no save 4,300 men, women and chidren?

Or is it just partisan with you because orange man bad, citizens don't matter?

I seem to remember someone saying once that if it effects others, then it effects you...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join