It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't ya just love multiculturalism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And how do you do that? Force employers to hire people from certain backgrounds?

Absolutely! Especially where there's a wide variety of cultures!

Example: You going to open a clinic in Detroit and NOT have any Black or Muslim Doctors?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Weird how out of all the Muslims I've met, none have tried to convert me.

This thread turned into a thread purely bashing Muslims.

Yup, there are plenty who suck, very true.

But the question proposed is dowe love multi culturalism.

I do.

I'm not a globalist who wants to open the borders, we should have tight immigration policy.

I'm also not a nationalist who thinks we should ban Islam (if we do we should be fair and ban religion, I jest).

But America wouldn't be as good IMO if I can't go get authentic ethnic food.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Example: You going to open a clinic in Detroit and NOT have any Black or Muslim Doctors?

I don't hire people based on their melanin level, I hire them based on their skill and ability to do the goddamn job. Additionally, I resent the government telling me who and how to hire, maybe you want to live in a nanny state that does but I don't.

edit on 1-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just gonna leave this here.

Reading through the thread, it's no wonder people think certain schools of thoughts are racist.

Most Trump supporters aren't, but when you say we should ban Muslims and build a wall, at least be honest instead of mental gymnastics.

MAWA-make America white again (its never been white, but the way people keep saying "preserve our culture" you'd think some may not know history")

Extremism in this country is getting out of hand.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Our cultural background should be American, and the old ideal of the melting pot was that we shouldn't care about that. I shouldn't have to care what my doctor looks like or who he or she prays to because I should be confident that we are all culturally American first and foremost.

Of course, we've killed the idea of the melting pot with intersectionalist thought and belief so now what you say is true. Only an African-American doctor could adequately treat other African-Americans because only he or she would understand them adequately having lived their struggle. Similarly, only white American doctors could treat me because only they are apparently racist enough to do so. However, it would help if this doctor was also a Christian and a woman and conservative to boot, otherwise, I will not feel completely comfortable with my doctor.

The more intersectional and tribal we get, the more complicated this process you describe will also get and more impossible it will be to find professionals in every walk of life for us to adequately be able to insulate ourselves from the scary reality of interacting with others who are not like us.
edit on 1-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Aallanon

You should try meeting people from other cultures some time, it's not as scary as you might think!

Tell that to the Indigenous community. I'm pretty sure my ancestors regret meeting anyone from Europe, but hey you go ahead and keep on living in your make-believe world where you're so privileged to be able to look down on the rest of us.

Want to know why you like your high horse so much? It's so you can't smell your own horse-snip.

Go ahead and find an Indigenous person or a slave from Africa and tell them how great multiculturalism is. You'll have to yell though. It's a long way to the ground from atop such a high horse.

Hi wtfatta, it's nice to see you! I haven't spoken to you since this nice exchange in my thread about a Japanese choir singing gospel music with a majority black congregation. We both agreed that was quite lovely, right?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That is also multiculturalism, btw.

edit on 1-1-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Carcharadon

a reply to: Aallanon

There are shi##y people from all races, creeds, ethnicities.

More Americans have been killed randomly by home grown Americans the last ten years.

So instead of working to correct that you advocate bringing in 5th century cultists that hate the west and refuse to assimilate?

Might as well compound the problem right? Totally makes sense.

You apologists for the Arab Nazis make me sick.

You're funny.

Twist the words if you want.

I am funny.

And you are for all intents and purposes an apologist for the closest thing we have to Nazi ideology today.

I'd rather be funny than that.

Nowhere did I apologize for radical Islam in this thread, nor did I downplay its existence.

If you want the act like waging war on countries like Iraq, Yemen, and Syria won't just breed more hatred towards the west, be my guest.

You're virtue signaling harder than liberals to justify wars against countries who didn't attack us for corporations to profit. That mentality creates more enemies than we've already had.

Radical Islam as you interpret it is completely wrong.

Radical Islam is the extremely small and insignificant percentage of Muslims that are trying to reform the cult, those are the only true radicals.

You interpret Radical Islam as terrorists and Imams preaching hate.

They are not Radical. They are practising their religion in its purest and original form.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Carcharadon

You apologists for the Arab Nazis make me sick.

You're not sick, you're experiencing confusion and sadly don't know better.

Nazis dictated what ideologies were approved and punished or killed those who had different creeds.

America has freedom of religion and used to promote individuality.

There are theocracies around the globe if you'd like something different though.

Replace Nazis with Islam in your second sentence fella and you make my point.

Muslim ideology pairs up extremely well with Nazi ideology. Why do you think they were such great bedfellows in WW2?

Islam is Nazism. Except worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Just gonna leave this here.

Reading through the thread, it's no wonder people think certain schools of thoughts are racist.

Most Trump supporters aren't, but when you say we should ban Muslims and build a wall, at least be honest instead of mental gymnastics.

MAWA-make America white again (its never been white, but the way people keep saying "preserve our culture" you'd think some may not know history")

Extremism in this country is getting out of hand.

Not wanting backwards, illiterate, barbaric religious nutjobs imported into western countries in no way equals Make America White Again.

That's just what your far left indoctrination interprets it as.

Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and all the rest are more than welcome.

5th century moon god cultists are not and should not be welcomed. It's an insidious, violent, racist, xenophobic, woman hating, LGBTQ murdering and evil ideology that has absolutely NO place in Western society.

It stands in complete and total opposition to everything Western culture and societies have built in the last 50 years. That's an undeniable fact.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Iscool

Their Holy book demands that all muzlims are to hate and kill all infidels (anyone who is not muzlim) if they refuse to submit to izlam...That same book tells them to treat infidels as good friends as part of the deception

That's an interpretation most don't follow.

There is no shortage of violent Muslims, I'm not naive or saying it's the most peaceful ideology.

Neither is American exceptionalism.

Last I checked we've killed millions of people of many ethnicities post WWII. How many of those countries attacked us?

Any ideology can become weaponized and toxic.

Ok so if say the truly barbaric percentage is only 30% of Muslims globally that's well north of 300 million.

Oh it's only 30% globally, it's a minority sounds much better than "over 300 million jihadists are committed to the destruction of western society" doesn't it?

It makes it much easier to obfuscate and deflect using percentages and ignoring actual numbers.

How many Nazis did it require to take over Germany and ignite WW2?

How many Communists did it take to seize Russia and subject the world to decades of Communist atrocities?

How many Communists did it take to seize China and plunge China and swathes of Asia into decades of horror, barbarism and terror?

I'm not sure of the numbers to those questions but what I do know is that it most certainly did not require 300+ million true believers to make it happen.

Defend the Sand Nazis all you want.

It's people like you (appeasers and deniers) that allowed Hitler to become what he was with your false moral equivalencies.

edit on 1-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Or you're so far right anyone who doesn't agree with you is deemed far left.

Nice try.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Muslim ideology pairs up extremely well with Nazi ideology. Why do you think they were such great bedfellows in WW2?

Apparently the Church felt they were an alright-ish bunch too. And they were what? You had plenty of European Christians feeding the Nazi machine during the war. Anyone not openly fighting or resisting them was complicit to some degree.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TonyS

Our cultural background should be American, and the old ideal of the melting pot was that we shouldn't care about that. I shouldn't have to care what my doctor looks like or who he or she prays to because I should be confident that we are all culturally American first and foremost.

Of course, we've killed the idea of the melting pot with intersectionalist thought and belief so now what you say is true. Only an African-American doctor could adequately treat other African-Americans because only he or she would understand them adequately having lived their struggle. Similarly, only white American doctors could treat me because only they are apparently racist enough to do so. However, it would help if this doctor was also a Christian and a woman and conservative to boot, otherwise, I will not feel completely comfortable with my doctor.

The more intersectional and tribal we get, the more complicated this process you describe will also get and more impossible it will be to find professionals in every walk of life for us to adequately be able to insulate ourselves from the scary reality of interacting with others who are not like us.

That's precisely how I see it having developed. As usual however, the laws necessary to deal with this development are not yet in place. I think they wll be, but its going to take time . So in the mean time, finding an appropriate sevice provider is like walking throug a mine field of bottomless hate, bigotry and prejudice.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Or you're so far right anyone who doesn't agree with you is deemed far left.

Nice try.

Nah. I'm Canadian, no such thing as the far right here. I've voted for both the Liberal and the Green Party here in federal elections. Both parties are farther left than anything you Yanks have on the political scene.

Support gay marriage/LGBQ rights.
Support public healthcare.
Support drug legalization.
Against foreign interventionism.
Been against every war in my lifetime.

The only thing I could ever be accused of being far right on is my total lack of trust and hatred of Islam.

Thanks for playing comrade.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Apparently the Church felt they were an alright-ish bunch too. And they were what? You had plenty of European Christians feeding the Nazi machine during the war. Anyone not openly fighting or resisting them was complicit to some degree.

Yep and that was just as horrible.

The difference is that when that is pointed out everyone agrees. Make the same point about Islam and all the idiots come out of the woodwork to call you a racist/islamaphobe/trumptard etc etc etc.

Are you getting the difference?

Would I be for keeping extreme Christian radicals from immigrating to the West? Absolutely 100% I would support that.

The difference is we should be dealing with and minimizing the influence of religous nutjobs.

Not importing millions more whose religous extremism far surpasses the Christian version.

Edit- why dont you go ahead and read Hitlers thoughts on Islam and Christianity champ. You might lear something.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Would I be for keeping extreme Christian radicals from immigrating to the West? Absolutely 100% I would support that.

The difference is we should be dealing with and minimizing the influence of religous nutjobs.

Except we have religious nut jobs of every persuasion here already so that objective failed.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Glad I could help you see the fallacy in calling me a liberal on one topic, I swung it around and you rightfully so pointed out the error in that.

I believe in freedom and liberty. I don't like Islam, but it's not my place to force ideas on someone, and it's certainly not the governments.

I find the other flavors of extremism just as unpalatable.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2019 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

^ I agree.

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So do I

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join