It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear Arms or Wear Charms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Today, I noticed a bumper sticker, that read, "Bear Arms or Wear Chains", Noticing the polarity in attitudes these days and the division and diversity of polar attitudes in today's climate, I wonder if the division itself is creating a hegelian distopia.

So, Bear Arms or Wear Charms?

Ghandi- Be the change you want to see in the world.

Just curious about the thoughts around here regarding this mantra. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like we are simply giving into the chaos when we take a hard stand on either side of the duality pair? Are we evolving or devolving? Do we be the change by polarizing and acting out, or do we be the change by setting an example that hopefully enough will learn from by being peaceful within and without of ourselves. Aggressive or meek?
edit on 31-12-2018 by davido because: grammar

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: davido

Charms? What like lucky charms? Woo stuff?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

More like. "kill em with kindness".

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My attitude is try to do both.

Kill them with kindness but don't be naïve to the fact that it could fail quickly.

I have a gun, but I don't parade it around my property warning folk off. I definitely know how to use it though.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: davido
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

More like. "kill em with kindness".

Only if it has a +P rating and moves around 1200 fps.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Almost as bad, but not as bad as this:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I think people forget that humans are just animals. Some are domesticated, some are wild, and some are just downright murderers and robbers.

I see plenty of people walking around like the world is made out of rainbows and cake, but it’s the tough people who are willing to stand up for them that make that possible.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If I had arms, I'd be prepared to lay them down and / or destroy them, but only after everyone else has already done so.

Ergo, it would never happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

When someone stabs you, are you going to defend yourself with kindness? Some people out there don’t care how nice you are. They are going to stab you and take your stuff or your family members.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Nope it's a truism. If you aren't willing to bear arms,you Will eventually end up in chains. It's a historical truth. The chains may be metaphorical or literal but they will be chains none the less.

The reality is simple all of these policies and power the left wants to implement and give to government should be easily dismissed by all those with tds. Because all of those powers will be used by these opposite side of your stance, that's why the libertarian stance of Liberty and personal responsibility with very little government interference us the best policy and our form of government as instituted by our founders is the best form of government.

Iow, the only government powers you should want implemented are those you don't mind your opposition having.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

When someone stabs you, are you going to defend yourself with kindness? Some people out there don’t care how nice you are. They are going to stab you and take your stuff or your family members.

You know too many people actually believe that. I watched a video on youtube of a teen girl at school near me, sitting there getting her face beat in by another student. I don't know how long it lasted. She did not fight back at all. It made me sick to my stomach.

We are being fed lies, that we don't have the right to defend ourselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I like to think I'd be the one to lead by example and lay down, to show humanity a way to faith in my fellow man, rather than the cynical hate-filled protectionist persona we all carry.

Truth is, I'd probably shoot you all in the face, such is the barbarism and distrust that is humankind.

I cannot trust all to be all I wish to be, intrinsically.

Worth shedding a tear, for such is human nature.

Happy new year.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Almost as bad, but not as bad as this:

But the radiation will keep them warm!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

You know too many people actually believe that. I watched a video on youtube of a teen girl at school near me, sitting there getting her face beat in by another student. I don't know how long it lasted. She did not fight back at all. It made me sick to my stomach.

Yes and there are those that simply thrive from the lack of resistances. It encourages the abusers.

Part of our national political ideology is to resist with force if need be thus the 2nd and 1st......the force of speech.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Globally speaking, empires always fall.

Might is right for a while, but unless you conquer the heart/mind, brute force finally fatigues.
edit on 31-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Well that's actually a bit strange for a sticker bears actually don't have arm's they have foreleg's unless that is the sticker was meant to read BARE arms which is to carry weapon's as to war.

It may sound the same but there is actually a reason why a bear is a bear and to bare is to carry (or to go bare is to go starkers and scare old lady's in the process as well a make other blokes lose there dinner - well probably in my case anyway but having never tried it - bit shy you see I really don't know if it would have that effect upon anyone other than myself).

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

No bare arms means they aren't covered lol. To bear arms is to carry them.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

We do still have the right to defend ourselves, but every detail of how you do it will be under a lot of scrutiny if you end up hurting someone in the process. Every detail. If you pull a gun, it better be the exact right time to use it. Guns are not a threat deterrent, you are not allowed to threaten someone with it if you are scared of them. they are a threat neutralizer. They are there to end the threat.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Well that's actually a bit strange for a sticker bears actually don't have arm's they have foreleg's unless that is the sticker was meant to read BARE arms which is to carry weapon's as to war.

It may sound the same but there is actually a reason why a bear is a bear and to bare is to carry (or to go bare is to go starkers and scare old lady's in the process as well a make other blokes lose there dinner - well probably in my case anyway but having never tried it - bit shy you see I really don't know if it would have that effect upon anyone other than myself).

Sorry , you need to look at a dictionary.......bear means to carry, bring, move , while bare means naked or uncovered.

edit on 31-12-2018 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

My attitude is try to do both. Kill them with kindness but don't be naïve to the fact that it could fail quickly.

I have special kindness bullets for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join