It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in the inexistence of God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Belief in the inexistence of God, does it exist?

Any one can say what they want about themselves and can say God doesn't exist, but why would you lie about it?

Even if God wouldn't be present at a certain moment, it still wouldn't mean He doesn't exist.

Since God is an omnipresent invisible being, howcome people can believe he exist you could ask.

How did men succeed in doubting the existence of God?

Are these dark ages? Aren't these dark ages?

If God wouldn't exist, how can there be two sides?

Both sides have as much evidence, yet if you ask people, one believes and the other denies.

What is the anti-Christ?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
lots people believe in stuff that they cant prove. but with enough organization and funding, they stop being schizophrenic and start being religious.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Belief in the inexistence of God, does it exist?

That depends on your definition of "god".

What is the anti-Christ?

It's something to do with the Christian definition of their god and its trinitarian opposite.
edit on 31-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Are these dark ages? Aren't these dark ages?

A belief in God pretty well defines dark ages, a time when the church controlled belief and such belief was required.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

DO YOU KNOW WHO GOD IS?
Do you know who 'God' is? God is not Visnu (a deity) or Siva (energy) or Brahma (creator), not the wind, the sun nor the moon; not I or you; not Laksmi, or the mind (intellect).

God is without form and undivided (not in the objects); that splendor (devanam) which is not made and which has neither beginning nor end is known as god (deva) which is pure consciousness (awareness).

That alone is fit to be worshipped; that alone is all.

If one is unable to worship this consciousness, then he is encouraged to worship the form.

The latter yields finite results, but the former (consciousness) bestows infinite bliss. He who ignores the Infinite and is devoted to the finite abandons a pleasure garden, and seeks the thorny bush.

However, sages sometimes worship a form playfully.

Now for the articles used in worship: wisdom, self-control and the perception of the Self in all beings are the foremost among those articles. The Self alone is consciousness, which is fit to be worshipped at all times with the flowers of wisdom.

Indeed only infinite consciousness (cid-akasa) which alone exists even after the cosmic dissolution, exists even now, utterly devoid of objectivity. All these mountains, the whole world, the firmament, the Self, the jiva (individual) and all the elements of which the world is constituted - all these are nothing but pure consciousness.

Before the so-called creation, when only this pure consciousness existed, where were all these (heaven, etc)?

Space (akasa), supreme or infinite space (paramakasam), absolute space (brahmakasam), creation, consciousness - are mere words and they indicate the same truth, even as synonyms do.

Even as the duality experienced in a dream is illusory, the duality implied in the creation of the world is illusory. Even as the dream objects seem to exist and function in the inner world of consciousness in a dream, objects seem to exist and function in the outer world of consciousness during the wakeful state.

Nothing really happens in both these states. Even as consciousness alone is the reality in the dream state, consciousness alone is the substance in the wakeful state too.

That is the Lord, this is the supreme truth, that you are, that am I, that is all.

The worship of that Lord (consciousness) is true worship, and by that worship one attains everything. Consciousness is undivided and indivisible, non-dual and neither fashioned nor created by activity; it is not attained by external efforts. Its adoration is the fountain source of joy.

The external worship of a form (deity, holy personage) is prescribed for those whose intelligence has not be awakened, and who are immature like little boys. When one does not have self-control, he uses flowers in worship; such worship is futile, even as adoring the Self in an external form is futile. However these immature devotees derive satisfaction by worshipping an object created by themselves, they may even earn worthless reward from such worship.

I shall now describe to you the mode of worship appropriate to enlightened people. The Lord fit to be worshipped is the one who upholds the entire creation, who is beyond thoughts and description, who is beyond the concepts of even the 'all' and the 'collective totality.'

He alone is referred to as 'God' who is undivided and indivisible by space and time, who's light illumines all the objects, who is pure and absolute consciousness. He is that intelligence which is beyond all its parts, which is hidden in all that is, which is the being in all that is and which robs all that is of their being (i.e. which veils the truth of their Self). This God is in the middle of being and non-being (as awareness). It is God, and the truth that is indicated by 'Om'. It (awareness) exists everywhere, like the essence in a plant.

The pure consciousness which is in you, in me and in all the gods and goddesses alone is God. Holy one, eve the other gods endowed with form are indeed nothing but that pure consciousness. That is God, that is 'all' I am; everything is attained from and through him.

That God is not distant from anyone, nor is he difficult to attain: since he is forever seated in the body and he is everywhere like space.

Somewhere this consciousness functions as space, somewhere as jiva (individual), somewhere as action, somewhere as substance and so forth; but without intending to do so. Even as all the different oceans are but one indivisible mass of water, this consciousness, though described ain different ways, is but one cosmic mass of consciousness.

This consciousness is like a mirror which holds a reflection within itself, as it were, without undergoing any modification thereby. Without undergoing any modification in itself, this consciousness appears as all these countless beings in this universe.

In this body, thoughts and notions generate action in the light of this very consciousness. Surely, but for this consciousness even an object which is immediately in front of oneself cannot be experienced? The body cannot function or exist but for this consciousness. It grows, it falls, it eats. This consciousness creates and maintains all the movable and immovable beings in the universe. The infinite consciousness alone exists, nothing else exists. Consciousness alone has arisen in consciousness.

Consciousness does not undergo any modification nor does it become impure. The infinite consciousness which is unmodified and non-dual, can be realized by one in the self-luminous inner light (of awareness). It is pure and eternal, it is ever present and (being awareness) devoid of mind.

Consciousness alone is the reality in all forms (of existence) and all experiences. Action springs from thought, thought is the function of the mind, mind is conditioned consciousness, but consciousness is unconditioned!

Since the omnipresent infinite consciousness alone is present at all times, diversity is absurd and impossible. Belief in the existence of a goblin creates it. Belief in diversity establishes it. When the non-dual being is known, duality vanishes instantly.

That infinite consciousness alone is fit to be adored and worshipped. However, there is no use in inviting it for the worship; no mantra are of any use in its worship for it is immediate (closest, one's own self), and hence does not need to be invited. It is the omnipresent self of all.

The 'realization' of this infinite consciousness (which is totally effortless) is alone the best form of worship.

This infinite consciousness can be compared to the ultimate sub-atomic particle which yet hides within its heart the greatest of all mountains. It encompasses the span of countless epochs, but does not let go of a moment of time. It does nothing, yet it has fashioned the universe. Sustaining the entire universe, it does nothing at all. All substances are not different from it, yet it is not a substance; thought it is non-substantial, it pervades all substances.

The supreme being is formless, and yet the following five are its aspects: will, space, time, order (or destiny) and the cosmic unmanifest nature. It has countless powers or energies or potencies. Chief among them are knowledge, dynamics, action and non-action. All these are but pure consciousness; because they are called the potencies of consciousness, they are apparently regarded as distinct from consciousness
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Get more than you bargained for ?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I’ve never met someone who claimed some type of god existed, and believed them. None of them.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Both sides have evidence? Like actual, quantifiable, testable evidence?

I'd argue that neither side has evidence. I'm very open to being proven wrong though.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

I'd argue that neither side has evidence. I'm very open to being proven wrong though.

In inferential statistics, the null hypothesis is a general statement or default position that there is no relationship between two measured phenomena, or no association among groups. Testing (accepting, approving, rejecting, or disproving) the null hypothesis—and thus concluding that there are or are not grounds for believing that there is a relationship between two phenomena (e.g. that a potential treatment has a measurable effect)—is a central task in the modern practice of science; the field of statistics gives precise criteria for rejecting a null hypothesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can't offer evidence of God, but I can tell you how to acquire such evidence within the self. It's a very simple equation, so simple in fact that it can be understood and attained by anyone. A mere if-then proposition.

If you seek, you will find
If you ask, you will be answered
if you knock, the door will be opened to you

Faith requires the first step...just take it and see.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Butt...... (sorry, I was just at the Bass Fishing website and if I had a dime for every time I read "loose" to represent the opposite of 'gain'...)

Some opine that spelling no longer matters; Do You think? Please take Your most valuable asset, Your 'time' and look and ponder the following: "thiS Happens" = fecal matter occurs but because spelling no longer matters...

Anyways, here is a FANTASTIC video that is less than 40 min. of that aforementioned asset, "time". ATS™ member 'Nothin' shared this with Me and if You actually listen to it, well, it 'fits'.

Thumbnail: Anything after "I am..." is debatable.

www.youtube.com...

Thoughts for the New Year (cycle)

Does Your current ecological niche find You in a rut? Remember: "Change Your thoughts or You'll get what You've always got..." Because You are a "creator" working Your way back from whence You came, You may as well start manifesting what it is You seek...

Stay Hydrated... (at least whilst still in Your 'skinsuit'...)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Butt...... (sorry, I was just at the Bass Fishing website and if I had a dime for every time I read "loose" to represent the opposite of 'gain'...)

Some opine that spelling no longer matters; Do You think? Please take Your most valuable asset, Your 'time' and look and ponder the following: "thiS Happens" = fecal matter occurs but because spelling no longer matters...

Anyways, here is a FANTASTIC video that is less than 40 min. of that aforementioned asset, "time". ATS™ member 'Nothin' shared this with Me and if You actually listen to it, well, it 'fits'.

Thumbnail: Anything after "I am..." is debatable.

www.youtube.com...

Thoughts for the New Year (cycle)

Does Your current ecological niche find You in a rut? Remember: "Change Your thoughts or You'll get what You've always got..." Because You are a "creator" working Your way back from whence You came, You may as well start manifesting what it is You seek...

Stay Hydrated... (at least whilst still in Your 'skinsuit'...)
What are you going to change about yourself this new year?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The only constant is change, so I hope to be aware of anything adverse that comes down the current 'time spiral'... I'm also going to finally add some songs to My iPod™ I've been looking at a $50.00 Gift Card for a couple of years now and only the last couple of days My iTunes™ is getting prompt so there HAS TO BE something good for Me.

I've started watching the t.v. show "Outlander" about a WWII nurse who travels through stones in Scotland to the 1700s and they have great music so I'm thinking those real hot chicks w/the bagpipes is going to a "Buy". I understand Steven Perry has a new album? out??

Here is the info re: Outlander, it is real good..

www.imdb.com...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I would question the non-duality of space and consciousness. What is the purpose of space, if it is not a medium for consciousness? I believe sameness is an illusion as much as duality is. If consciousness is everything, then consciousness would have to divide itself to be something. But possibly we are talking about the same thing here, in different form.

But if you worship everything, do you truly worship anything at all?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
If God wouldn't exist, how can there be two sides?

How might one we be sure that there are 'two sides'?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

After having what would best be described as an 'Epiphany sans religousity™, in fact, it turned Me totally off of 'organized religion™', and after being realclose to agreeing w/the multitudes that say/type/utter that "Meditation is hokey" I mean I did a bunch of different ones from going to sleep w/432mhz. tapes to 'walking meditation'.. It hit Me the first time at the dog park, I turned the corner and WHAM, I haven't the words to describe it but I didn't need/want to say anything, it was like how t.v. shows try to explain a 'vortex' or when Jimmy Spader was poking His fingers in 'Stargate' w/Kurt Russell playing a Colonel w/a kill plan. I was immediately engulfed in a warm, fuzzy feeling starting from the middle of My chest.

Now I have whittled My days down to the 2 Ds Dog park and Dishes. If I can get both done then I've enjoyed a "Full Day" Some may opine that it would be a wasted day, a "Fool Day" but I learned I am ETERNAL not too long after changing My thoughts.

So to make a long story longer and to maybe answer Your question: Who do I worship?

Worship = War Ship.. (See Below)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

In re: Worship = War Ship

I gleaned this from right here @ATS™ back when ISIS was the 'foe de jour' and just not the initials for Israeli Special Investigation Services. I don't know who the author is/was but if anybody recognizes it please let Me know and I'll make sure they're credited with it's development. It nails it.

Worship equals War Ship.
It is disguised as "worship" but it is truly War Ship. Yes, get that initial giggle out and continue reading My words, as 'worshipping' is the biggest reason for wars.
Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in metaphysical natures.
When You pray to something that You do not know is truly there, You join the 'War Ship'. You worship something You don't know of and cannot see. You divide Yourself from Yourself and everyone around You.
Well in this language We call this "Blind Faith" Now when You have many factions worshipping, just different names that are man made, now there is 'division', the opposite of being WHOLE.
Now You've entered the 'War Ship' You clash with those who pray to the SAME CONCEPT under different names (Gods have no identity, just bogus names Man made up) This is inferior mentality.
Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry)
One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge and demonize those not praying to the same NAME.
Now You have war/division.
ISIS is defending it's concepts because the ONLY power those who join the War Ship have is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally their people are weak and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.
STOP worshipping and start accepting ALL, no matter the name they worship and if Your 'TRUTH' needs to be pushed then how TRUE is it really?
Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no heirarchy. Truth stands on it's own, the rest is just pushing to compete with Truth and that is falsehood.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Neither side can actually prove anything to the other. It's solely and question of one's own faith. Some have faith in nothing, and the rest have faith in something.

I have faith in God.

Walk down to the sea sometime with a cup and fill it with water. The water represents what we know about all the universe. Then look out at the sea. That is what we still don't know. There may be a lot we think we know, but we still don't know it, not really, not with any hard certainty, and it still doesn't even begin to maybe represent any more than what you can see to the horizon and the surface only at that.

All the rest is a mystery for all of us -- those with faith in nothing, and those with faith in something. And we can never really know, only have faith.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

One side claims evidence, although none of it is irrefutable. No evidence is irrefutable.

The other side claims an absence of evidence, but keeps supplying refutations. I wonder what of?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Good point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join