It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Vaca's in Hawaii while America suffers.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: carewemust

the op of this thread called it a border fence... which is it?

Well, let's hand you the fish, I suppose:

fence

/fens/

noun

noun: fence; plural noun: fences

1. A barrier, railing, or other upright structure, typically of wood or wire, enclosing an area of ground to mark a boundary, control access, or prevent escape.

versus

wall

/wôl/

noun

noun: wall; plural noun: walls

• a high vertical surface or facade, especially one that is imposing in scale.

• a thing perceived as a protective or restrictive barrier.

It's almost as if they can be synonymous and interchangeable.

Who knew?!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Good for her, she deserves it. It’s kinda sad how abjectly ignorant rwnj’s are about how the government works. But not to worry when she returns they will pass a bill to fund the government. Will Cheeto sign it or hold his breath and stomp his feet like the little baby he is. Some deal maker, lol. a reply to: Violater1

Yup, she deserves the bad optics of a vacay down in paradise, lord knows she must be tired from staying on the soapbox, while people wonder how the shutdown will effect them.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Violater1
as if everyone else in congress is home, sitting by that phone, waiting for the phone call to bring them back to work....
na... I'm sure they are all having a great time, where ever they are!!

They're getting paid...a nice paid vacation over the holidays. Who wouldn't like that?

Congress only works 147 days @ year, but they're paid for 365.

Based some quick stats by our overlords (google inc) congress critters make about 300% more than your average american, who works 250+ days a year.

1190/226
It works out to members of Congress getting paid $5.25 for every dollar earned by some guy with a real job.
Of course, that doesn't count the several better paid seats of congress, all of their crazy benefits, their perfectly legal insider trading.... and oh yes, that's before tax.

I mean, I enjoy some paid time off as much as the next guy- but I certainly can't afford to fly out of town for a relaxing vacation. Especially when there's trouble at work.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

they've got a bill ready to go - the one senate passed. lol

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Proof of how dumb liberals are.

They moan about shutting the government down and then elect hypocritical snakes like Pelosi who go on vacation while the plebs suffer.

The mantra of the left should be "let them eat cake".

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well I certainly am not suffering.
Wait a second I take that back. OU........Damnit now i'm pissed again.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

They moan about shutting the government down and then elect hypocritical snakes like Pelosi who go on vacation while the plebs suffer.

Because the conservatives chose to stay at work with no pay and its just liberals who are on vacation

Mentalists...faux outrage
edit on 31-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

it's a border fence now? LOL

Trump downgraded it to slats already.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Then this is like the time Dubya went playing guitar on stage while Nawlins was drowning?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thank God we were all spared a Bo Derek-like slow-mo of Pelosi running down the beach in her bikini.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The senate passed a non partisan bill that would have prevented the shut down, but the orange baby wouldn’t have it because it didn’t include his stupid wall. a reply to: Wardaddy454

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Easily, one of if not the dumbest fake news post of the day! And believe me that's not easy! Congratulations on being King of all fake news Trumptards today!! DERP DERP DERP DERP

so Nancy Pelosi isn't in Hawaii?

Shes down there with 1/3 of the nations welfare collectors in SoCal. LOL. She cant be for a wall......she has already promised that mom and then can come up from Yucatan province and get on the dole.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

There is always a gov holiday break...and I'm sure she's not the only Rep taking 1

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

it's a border fence now? LOL

More like a "steel curtain" in the Venetian Blinds fashion, is the latest style I've heard.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

Because the conservatives chose to stay at work with no pay and its just liberals who are on vacation

Mentalists...faux outrage

You mean us on the right treat our jobs and responsibility with respect.

Coast guard can't stop saving lives and forest personal can't stop trying to keep the forests safe because the government are #ing retards.

Pelosi is a piece of # that won't flush.
edit on 31-12-2018 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
House Democrats prepared another Bill today to reopen the government. No Homeland Security funding.
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The senate passed a non partisan bill that would have prevented the shut down, but the orange baby wouldn’t have it because it didn’t include his stupid wall. a reply to: Wardaddy454

The wall would have made it even safer for you in the buckeye state.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: dawnstar
as if everyone else in congress is home, sitting by that phone, waiting for the phone call to bring them back to work....
na... I'm sure they are all having a great time, where ever they are!!

They're getting paid...a nice paid vacation over the holidays. Who wouldn't like that?

Congress only works 147 days @ year, but they're paid for 365.

Like I said...who wouldn't like that? And go figure that probably 1/2 of them don't even read the bills they sign or vote for...they have their assistants do it and then give them a quick synopsis.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
And Trump has taken more holidays than any President in recent history.

Your point OP is what exactly? 'HURR, I HATE WUMMINZ! TRUMP IS GODKING!'? Because that's what it sounds a lot like when you selectively ignore critically important relevant information about your guys holiday habits.

Or is your point that Trump's shutdown that he boasted about being proud to claim as being his fault, is somehow not his fault anymore? When he controls Presidency, Congress, and Senate?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
you just have to love the hypocrisy from the democrats.

In a statement, House Speaker-designate Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer put the onus on Senate Republicans to support the legislation.

"It would be the height of irresponsibility and political cynicism for Senate Republicans to now reject the same legislation they have already supported," the Democrats said.

Pelosi and Schumer said Senate Republicans would otherwise be "complicit with President Trump in continuing the Trump shutdown and in holding the health and safety of the American people and workers' paychecks hostage over the wall."

and yet not only are the democrats being hypocrites about the wall, which they did support under Presidents like Obama. just like their hypocrisy over the entire illegal alien issue, only a problem under Trump but again they were against it under Presidents like Obama and Clinton. which by her own words makes her and the democrats being the "height of irresponsibility and political cynicism". because they will not pass it because of Trump. but also makes the democrats "complicit in continuing the shutdown and in holding the health and safety of the American people and workers' paychecks hostage". not to mention their hypocrisy when they did the exact same thing in order to force Obamacare through, using government shutdown to ramrod it through.

personally i think Trump and the Republicans need to do exactly as the democrats under Obama did and use the shutdown to force the wall through. just as they did to ram Obamacare through. and if the democrats don't pass it remind the world just how hypocritical and irresponsible the democrats are in failing to pass things that they have already supported. and holding the health and safety of the American people and workers' paychecks hostage over the wall, all because they are so small minded and letting their hatred of the President rule over them so completely.

<< 1    3 >>

join