It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump is reconsidering Syria's Withdrawal On Thin Ice After Lunch With Lindsey Graham

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

In three years, my son will be able to join the military and fight in a "war on terror" that started when I was in the military before he was born.

We need to GTFO of that area.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: projectvxn

In three years, my son will be able to join the military and fight in a "war on terror" that started when I was in the military before he was born.

We need to GTFO of that area.

Yes we do. But we can't do it in less than 30 days.

Its logistically impossible and militarily unsound.

We didn't establish what we have there in 30 days.

How difficult is that really to grasp?

We should leave the region, the same way we came; calculated and methodically. (Or in single file in cult45 vernacular)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

don't get your hopes to high though. But the removal of Russia or Iran wont be happening ever. However if Trump doesn't achieve this withdrawal in Syria in two years from now it would seriously damage Trumps credibility. If he doesn't make his push happen.

AIPAC/Military industry complex seem to have put more pressure or even threats to Trump's family members.

"You will be the next JFK if you withdrawal from Syria"

Well I imagine if we can start a few big proxy wars then we have no reason to have the troops deployed in Syria. The point is to have ones enemies focused on one thing whileyour doing another.

Also having an ally do our dirty work for you keeps your hands clean.

It would need to be alot of allies with alot of money to willing to pay for military assistance.
My guess is the Saudis, Jordanians, Kuwaitis, UAE, as well as the Israel will start an offencive on one or all of the following:
Iran, Syria and Ukraine.

In the meantime Taiwan may declare independance to begin the asian war theatre.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Having a draft dodger decide military strategy with out a Secretary of Defense....what could possibly go wrong!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I'm uncertain as to how much understand that you have of the redeployment process, but we leave a LOT of material stuff behind in order to reduce time and cost of leaving the area--leaving is much quicker and easier than arriving and establishing bases and infrastructure.

I'm in no way saying that 30 days is the best timeline (and I doubt that such a goal would be met, anyhow), but the quicker, the better, IMO.

Nothing that you said is difficult to grasp at all, nor have I demonstrated that it was difficult, but there's also no need to be condescending in such a mundane response. This is why you are met with such disdain by so many.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Same here, I joined August 8th, 2001 right before 9/11. Got out ASAP to avoid this pointless war I've never supported.
My son is currently 15 and already talking about possibly joining. The last thing I want is my son to fight in a neverending war that has been going for almost 2 decades and cost US taxpayers around 6 Trillion now.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Another thing I've noticed is the vets on this site overwhelmingly support the withdraw. The others that sit behind their keyboards and complain about our military are the ones that want us to stay.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I'm uncertain as to how much understand that you have of the redeployment process, but we leave a LOT of material stuff behind in order to reduce time and cost of leaving the area--leaving is much quicker and easier than arriving and establishing bases and infrastructure.

I'm in no way saying that 30 days is the best timeline (and I doubt that such a goal would be met, anyhow), but the quicker, the better, IMO.

Nothing that you said is difficult to grasp at all, nor have I demonstrated that it was difficult, but there's also no need to be condescending in such a mundane response. This is why you are met with such disdain by so many.

Yup we left abruptly under 0bama and left cache of weapons and tactical gear... and look at what good it did.

Well, not being condescending would be trying to understand why people applauded when trump said to leave immediately and even the most sound cabinet member (and others) had to resign just to prove the point...

Soon after trump gets on Twitter and blasts condescendingly said cabinet members for their resignation...

sometimes condescending is a little required when you cant slap senses into people because of a cult-like zombie mentality where their leader has never said or done anything wrong.
edit on 31-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on 31-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Funny how that works, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Yup we left abruptly under 0bama and left cache of weapons and tactical gear... and look at what good it did.

Sticking around in perpetuity isn't doing us much better, either. In fact, I'd argue it's doing us much worse.

sometimes condescending is a little required when you cant slap senses into people because of a cult-like zombie mentality where their leader has never said or done anything wrong.

Sure...but this wasn't one of those times.

Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. If you think that I'm a cult-like zombie, you really need to start paying better attention or stop making uneducated implications.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Third comment in the thread. And yet people still don't read it, just mishmash of "haha drumphf dumb".

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Was that before or after he armed the rebels that turned out to be ISIS, directly?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It won’t hit home until they lose someone close to them or their child is there having to look over their shoulder 24/7.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Was that before or after he armed the rebels that turned out to be ISIS, directly?

Well he was a firm believer in fast and furious.

The guy campaigned on troop withdrawal.

Orange man does it and he's making a massive mistake. The troops wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for the previous dynasties.

Seriously, f#ck Obama, f#ck Bush, f#ck Blair, f#ck Hillary, f#ck Cameron, f#ck all of the gangsters that had anything to do with the push for war in the Middle East.

They should all be hanged.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

It won’t hit home until they lose someone close to them or their child is there having to look over their shoulder 24/7.

Expect some BS reply from a leftist about how they are Rambo.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
very interested to see if all those who thought that pulling out of Syria is a great idea will change their mind.

its still a good idea and we still should right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know full well that if trumps flips his cultists will flop with him.

Worse they will pretend the pull out wasnever suggested in the first place!

3d chess you know

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Having a draft dodger decide military strategy with out a Secretary of Defense....what could possibly go wrong!

Having an actual president with an actual war record is really a bad combo to. Knowing that president would just probably had done a lot worse things in Syria and probably wanted the wars to continue.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

(post by odzeandennz removed for political trolling and baiting)

Who would have thought?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Expect some BS reply from a leftist about how they are Rambo.

They wouldn’t be strong enough to pick up the gun and ammo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join