It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-American Dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I try to watch all of Pat Condells' videos, I find them to be such a breath of fresh air in this world of ever growing far lefty liberalism. A few of his videos have already been censored, so be quick, you never know when this one will be taken down.

edit on 31-12-2018 by Cropper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cropper

I remember this guy. Back when I was deep into the whole squash the religious fundamentalists craze he was very out spoken. He has seemed to flip flop on his opinions to be honest. Which is it, is he for freedom of speech or against it? Back in the day he was against religion hardcore, now he's advocating for freedom of speech which is basically freedom of religion.

And progressive teaching in school is better than most styles of teaching. Educational institutions are meant to be liberal to think outside the box to create healthy debate and discussion. If you don't like your kids going to these places then home school or send them to a private school, I can be the conservative curriculum is far worse than what people learn in the public school system.
edit on 31-12-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Cropper

I remember this guy. Back when I was deep into the whole squash the religious fundamentalists craze he was very out spoken. He has seemed to flip flop on his opinions to be honest. Which is it, is he for freedom of speech or against it? Back in the day he was against religion hardcore, now he's advocating for freedom of speech which is basically freedom of religion.

And progressive teaching in school is better than most styles of teaching. Educational institutions are meant to be liberal to think outside the box to create healthy debate and discussion. If you don't like your kids going to these places then home school or send them to a private school, I can be the conservative curriculum is far worse than what people learn in the public school system.

You obviously didn't watch the whole video or you just didn't get it. Which pretty much proves his whole point.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ok explain his message.

What I got from it was that the progressive media and educational institutions are brainwashing people to the point its oozing into corporatism, and its affecting free speech.

Free speech doesnt mean that people should go around and being racist and that companys should be protecting hate speech and racism.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The dude is defending hate speech wow!

That is exactly what we need less of.

Try using hate speech on ATS and it will probably be a perma ban and it should be too!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Whaaaaa? Did I misunderstand you?

And progressive teaching in school is better than most styles of teaching.

We are steadily losing our prestige among academia world-wise, and you think that is an improvement? We graduate kids out of public school who are so unprepared for college that most colleges have had to dumb down their introductory classes or offer remedial courses for the basics, and you think that is an improvement? Really?

Educational institutions are meant to be liberal to think outside the box to create healthy debate and discussion.

So you're all for the open discussion of all ideas as long as those ideas are the ones you like? Really?

If you don't like your kids going to these places then home school or send them to a private school, I can be the conservative curriculum is far worse than what people learn in the public school system.

So if someone thinks there's a problem with the present system they should just shut up and go away. Really?

How very fascist of you... those statements are straight out of pre-WWII German propaganda!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're just labeling me.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I was trying to make you think about your statement, but call it what you will.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And I was commenting on the fact that this guy in the video literally flip flops in his rhetoric.

He goes from being a liberal atheist and calling out catholics, christians, and especially muslims for preaching their dogma and ways of life. And was against their beliefs and speech. To calling out educational institutions for being 'to liberal', and calling progressive mindsets wrong.

Sorry to say, but if you're against being progressive against hate speech or racism then what are you?

It's like people who say "I'm not racist, but I will defend racists to be racist". OK, open a school or a university that promotes that, see how many people will want to attend such a school, I can bet the brightest most educated people would be lining up!

Do we need schools to teach discrimination and prejudice or do we need schools to teach people to be open minded and accepting? Which do you think would make a better society?
edit on 31-12-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

What is best is a society that gives the racists a fair chance to speak so we can then cut them down through debate, science and arguments.

If you have to censor someone through regulation or antifa thugs you send out a message that your own arguments are week.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
what is amusing, are these ignorant rightists who believe that leftists and Liberals are anti-American, Liberals are as patriotic as rightists, they just hide behind different words, the right claim American exceptionalism and Nationalism, the "Left claim a strong Democracy and American Values based on the founding "constitution"

both worships this spooky idea that a piece of paper controls us, both are slaves to the authoritarian spooks of Democracy and Constitution

both use the constitution to push their agenda, they just word it different, you Right, Left and Centrists are all the same, you just use different words to hide behind

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I can't add anything Pat didn't already say better than i ever could.
All I can do is nod my head and agree.
I find it hard to believe that freedom of speech has become unpopular.
Of all the freedoms I should think everyone would appreciate it's value.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity in to the dream.
The culture I grew up with valued freedom above all.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
The dude is defending hate speech wow!

That is exactly what we need less of.

Try using hate speech on ATS and it will probably be a perma ban and it should be too!

The 1st Amendment was created to defend "hate speech".

"Nice speech" doesn't need to be defended.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"speech" doesn't need to be granted "freedom" especially by people, dead people, and a piece of paper

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: DBCowboy

"speech" doesn't need to be granted "freedom" especially by people, dead people, and a piece of paper

Exactly.

The "paper" in question limits government imposition upon said speech not granting speech itself.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I can't add anything Pat didn't already say better than i ever could.
All I can do is nod my head and agree.
I find it hard to believe that freedom of speech has become unpopular....

Forgive me for cutting your quote but YES! Many millions of americans also wonder why the value of the 2nd amendment is not equally obvious.

Alas when we finally stop thinking they will come around and that they are indeed full fledged trying to destroys, they understand what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

He isn't flip flopping rhetoric. He has a personal opinion, which he is free to state. He is also defending your right to have a different personal opinion and say so. Defending free speech does not mean you can't have an opinion or that you have to agree with everyone else. That is exactly what the video is about - being taught that having a unique opinion and saying so is wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Imagine how quickly that would change if the progressives saying they don't like free speech were suddenly restricted from saying so...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Imagine how quickly that would change if the progressives saying they don't like free speech were suddenly restricted from saying so...

They would simply see that as the other side winning. Not freedom of speech losing. In their mind there is only one reason for free speech that that so they are the only voice heard. Freedom of formerly oppressed speech is the way they look at it. The classic idea of freedom of speech in the 1st are just so much Nazi in control. They are very twisted and not likely to come around from a simple taste of their own medicine.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sorry to say, but if you're against being progressive against hate speech or racism then what are you?

A thinking human instead of a pundit?

It's like people who say "I'm not racist, but I will defend racists to be racist". OK, open a school or a university that promotes that, see how many people will want to attend such a school, I can bet the brightest most educated people would be lining up!

Do we need schools to teach discrimination and prejudice or do we need schools to teach people to be open minded and accepting? Which do you think would make a better society?

Neither.

I can oppose racism without opposing freedom of speech. Just because someone is racist, it does not follow that we should deny his right to freedom of speech. Indeed, if we were to remove that right, how would anyone know if he was a racist or not? Just because someone supports freedom of speech, it does not follow that they support racism. There is other speech besides racist speech that should not be stifled, yet if the freedom for one type of speech is removed, so can the freedom of all speech be removed.

I am certainly not considering setting up a university to promote racism; the very thought is preposterous and shows how poorly you even understand the situation.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2 >>

join