It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and Russia conduct experiments to modify Earth's atmosphere with high-frequency radio waves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ok so it looks like China and Russia have teamed up to begin joint military atmosphereic manipulation. This is basically their version of HAARP and is said to be able to manipulate the atmosphere. By changing the ionosphere over enemy territory may also disrupt or cut off their communication with satellites. In the articles they mention that China is currently building another facility in Sanya, Hainan, with capability to manipulate the ionosphere over the entire South China Sea.

What does this mean? In my opinion it could be used for eletronic warfare of a variety of types and may have something to do with missle defence or scalar manipulation.
Also Russia had the technology first which I didnt know before reding the articles, then the US copied the Russians and began to do experiments of their own.
There are rumors of this technology being able to create mass disasters earthquakes modify the weather and even manipulate the human mind.

Well its the first public test of this technology and more atmospheric manipulation facilities are being built I think its the begining baby steps of a high tech scalar arms race.

China and Russia band together on controversial heating experiments to modify the atmosphere
The countries are testing a technology for possible military application, say Chinese scientists involved in the project
Militaries have been in a race to control the ionosphere, which allows radio signals to bounce long distances for communication, for decades
The militaries have been in a race to control the ionosphere for decades.

The Sura base in Vasilsursk is believed to be the world’s first large-scale facility built for the purpose. Up and running in 1981, it enabled Soviet scientists to manipulate the sky as an instrument for military operations, such as submarine communication.

High-energy microwaves can pluck the electromagnetic field in ionosphere like fingers playing a harp. This can produce very low-frequency radio signals that can penetrate the ground or water – sometimes to depths of more than 100 metres (328 feet) in the ocean, which made it a possible communication method for submarines.
China is now building an even larger and more advanced facility in Sanya, Hainan, with capability to manipulate the ionosphere over the entire South China Sea, according to an earlier report by the South China Morning Post.
www.scmp.com...

That's because the ionosphere, and the ionised gas (plasma) that inhabits it, is crucial to radio communication. By selectively disturbing the charged particles that make up this part of the upper atmosphere, scientists or even governments could theoretically boost or block long-range radio signals.

Even these preliminary experiments – conducted in June, and ostensibly designed as a test-case for future related ionosphere research – had extreme effects.

In one of the experiments, the affected area of ionosphere disturbance reportedly covered 126,000 square kilometres (49,000 square miles). In another test, ionised gas in the atmosphere increased in heat by 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit).
www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

We are a long way from using the atmosphere to manipulate the human mind.
I like the idea of using it for long range radio communication and planetary defense. I don't so much like the idea of using it for military means.

Mother nature is probably best left alone imo.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yes,

I have a thread on that I started a week or so ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe this thread will make for a good discussion. 100 Celsius in a test zone described in the report is compelling information that seems to corroborate other reports over the years of the our own HAARP research here in the US.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Yes,

I have a thread on that I started a week or so ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe this thread will make for a good discussion. 100 Celsius in a test zone described in the report is compelling information that seems to corroborate other reports over the years of the our own HAARP research here in the US.

Oh cool I didnt see it. Maybe by bumping your thread can continue the discussion there. no need for two threads on the same topic or event.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero

I like the idea of using it for long range radio communication and planetary defense. I don't so much like the idea of using it for military means.

Would you consider planetary defense a military means? Or did I misread that post?

If lasers can knock out electronics, and I think we can safely assume that is very likely, then it is already game on. Attenuating the ionosphere seems rather good research either way. I just imagine it is being developed for a military advantage.

China and Russia want to be able to dominate resources for military purposes wherever they put their foot down. So does the US.

Which gov's should we trust to serve free people, the ones that allow free people to live prosperous lives? Or the ones where the gov doesn't serve a free people and absolutely oppresses people to serve them like witnessed in several Theocracies over time and in the Communist countries?

It is that concept of letting people be free, within reason and we should decide to live that way IMO and not oppress any and all peoples of the earth for their Ideology while a small oligarchy reigns.

The damage that can be done with this type of device is why we need honorable scientist working research.
edit on 31-12-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This one is new. I am ok with with letting it go. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
My initial post had this link where it seems like a proud announcement was made in China concerning the research.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero

Would you consider planetary defense a military means? Or did I misread that post?

If lasers can knock out electronics, and I think we can safely assume that is very likely, then it is already game on. Attenuating the ionosphere seems rather good research either way. I just imagine it is being developed for a military advantage.

China and Russia want to be able to dominate resources for military purposes wherever they put their foot down. So does the US.

Which gov's should we trust to serve free people, the ones that allow free people to live prosperous lives? Or the ones where the gov doesn't serve a free people and absolutely oppresses people to serve them like witnessed in several Theocracies over time and in the Communist countries?

It is that concept of letting people be free, within reason and we should decide to live that way IMO and not oppress any and all peoples of the earth for their Ideology while a small oligarchy reigns.

The damage that can be done with this type of device is why we need honorable scientist working research.

I think they are getting prepared for a global war.

It may not be a hot war where visible weapons are used, it may be a soft invisible war where the earth itself destroy's and degrades enemy targets with extream weather and earthquakes.
edit on 31-12-2018 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think the world needs a joint military project.

Build an asteroid buster. Inner solar system detection sensor grid. Forcefield tech.

Hell, build a world bunker /tunnel system for partial subterranean habitation while learning how to do so on other planets.

We need joint, titanic ventures. If not all we do is compete against each other's advancement.

edit on 12 31 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

SO why not just ask the Yank's for there data from there own experiment's using radio waves on the ionosphere, they officially closed that down well over a decade ago now after people became extremely suspicious of HAARP and it's apparent affects upon weather.
en.wikipedia.org...
You know it seem's that there is always going to be some dickhead somewhere that want's to destroy the planet for everyone else, if only we could round these lunatic's up and dispose of the load of them.

But you know if they suspect the US of something the US has not told the world then that would also explain there own attempt to perfect the same technology as to combat it they have to have similar capability's after all.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I think the world needs a joint military project.

Build an asteroid buster. Inner solar system detection sensor grid. Forcefield tech.

Hell, build a world bunker /tunnel system for partial subterranean habitation while learning how to do so on other planets.

We need joint, titanic ventures. If not all we do is compete against each other's advancement.

I agree however it would seem that world governments are in direct opposition to each other. They are all trying to one up each other. At the moment USA is trying to degrade Russias and Chinas economy with sanctions and trade wars.

Lets not forget China & Russia are hacking devaluing the dollar and one uping the USA in R&D of new technology.

Its a new cold war. We pray that it doesnt turn into a hot shooting war where various doomsday weapons are triggered.

However I think there are many who believe WW3 is a winnable war so we may see it in our lifetime.
edit on 31-12-2018 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
At the moment the globalist, using Chinese gov and the Caliphate oriented Muslim's as their catalyst, are trying to bankrupt the USA so they can do what they want all over the world without intervention.

Who else stands up for the downtrodden but America and other related Western Gov's?
edit on 31-12-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This is basically their version of HAARP and is said to be able to manipulate the atmosphere.

Anybody else think this is a very bad idea? With this much interference with out atmosphere wouldn't we be running the risk of totally screwing up weather patterns? I mean sure there's rumors that our HARP has affected weather, but what happens when there are three or more playing around with the atmosphere?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

The ionosphere is 10's of miles above the troposphere. Heating a small region of it cannot affect weather.

Those articles are nonsense.

The particles, or electrons, were pumped into the sky by Sura, an atmospheric heating facility in Vasilsursk built by the former Soviet Union’s military during the cold war.
No particles are pumped into the sky by ionospheric heaters. They use high frequency radio to stimulate ions trapped by Earth's magnetic field.

High-energy microwaves can pluck the electromagnetic field in ionosphere like fingers playing a harp.
Not microwaves and that is not how ionospheric heaters work.

edit on 12/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What's the purpose of stimulating an aurora effect though? It seems like an awfully expensive light show...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I don't see any mention of a light show, even in the horrible article linked in the OP.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
so does the Phage have a theory on what the giant radio antenna array in Russia is for?

www.9news.com.au...

China has built a massive radio antenna spanning an area five times the size of New York City.

The controversial Wireless Electro-magnetic Method (WEM) project took 13 years of construction, reports the South China Morning Post.

Built on 3700 kms of land, it is designed to emit extremely low frequency radio waves, or ELF waves.

While Chinese officials maintain it will be used for earthquake alerts and mineral detection, the project could be used in key military signals.

Experts say submarines hundreds of metres below the ocean can pick up the radio waves without having to resurface and expose themselves to surface vessels.

guess I'm a cynic but I can't see that regime putting those resources into 'earthquake alerts' and 'mineral detection'. can one really do those things from a fixed location?

edit on 31-12-2018 by ElGoobero because: add content

edit on 31-12-2018 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

so does the Phage have a theory on what the giant radio antenna array in Russia is for?

"the?"

Of what giant radio antenna array does that article speak? And what does that array have to do with a ULF (VLF?) transmitter?

can one really do those things from a fixed location?
The receivers need not be in fixed locations.

edit on 12/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Chance321

The ionosphere is 10's of miles above the troposphere. Heating a small region of it cannot affect weather.

Those articles are nonsense.

The particles, or electrons, were pumped into the sky by Sura, an atmospheric heating facility in Vasilsursk built by the former Soviet Union’s military during the cold war.
No particles are pumped into the sky by ionospheric heaters. They use high frequency radio to stimulate ions trapped by Earth's magnetic field.

High-energy microwaves can pluck the electromagnetic field in ionosphere like fingers playing a harp.
Not microwaves and that is not how ionospheric heaters work.

According to you the articles are false? Or the experiment was different than they said?
Do you have any evidence that the article is false in any way?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Do you have any evidence that the article is false in any way?
Yes. The Sura facility does not emit microwaves and it does not emit electrons.

It transmits at frequencies between 4.5 and 9.3 MHZ. That is not microwaves. That is not electrons.

Nor is it particularly powerful. It has three transmitter of 250 kW each for a maximum total of 0.75mW. The HAARP array has (had?) a capability 3.6mW. HAARP is powered by 4 diesel generators. I don't think a "small city" can be powered by four diesel generators.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1/1/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join