It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever seen a faerie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: Aelfrede
a reply to: Kandinsky

That was a good one, thanks
I like his exit when he slides off the nose of the plane

It raises a smile doesn't it? I've had the book for years and marked the page with half an idea for making a thread about it. Ghosts have stayed the distance and been written about for millennia whilst most other extraordinary creatures/entities/imaginings have fallen from favour. The 'fey folk' were close rivals and seem to have faded from view since the early decades of the 20th Century.

a reply to: karl 12

He's got stories galore. I first heard him speaking on Kate Valentine's podcast and enjoyed the interview a lot. He talks first hand of the 'mince pie Martians' and is very entertaining.

I haven't heard the Rich Planet interview and will listen to it over the weekend.

You're right, they do seem to have 'fallen from favour' and there just seems no logic to that. In fact, I can't help but wonder if some ghost/UFO/alien sightings are actually sightings of nature beings/faeries.

Although I do wonder if us humans can confuse ourselves (setting limits that can confine potential understanding) with our own labelling systems! I quite like don Juan's term (from Castaneda books) 'inorganic beings' (see my above reply) - it avoids pinning paranormal encounters down too much with humanities current assumptions, and simply refers to beings that exist who have awareness but no physical organism (well, not the way humanity in general understands the physical)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That's great thanks Karl! Will be checking that out. Really appreciate your contributions

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanjs mate, will be listening to that podcast!

a reply to: Aelfrede

Aelfrede great thread -in case anyone wants to read it, Jacques Vallee's book about folklore and unexplained phenomena is available (free) at the link below.

Passport to Magonia - On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds (pdf)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3390ec448c6.jpg[/atsimg]

Over two decades ago, eminent scientist Vallee wrote a provocative book about alleged UFO landings, folklore, and certain unexplained phenomena. That long-out-of-print book which discussed the most interesting reports of more than 1,000 apparently reliable witnesses has become an underground classic.

Contents (PDF File)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Although I do wonder if us humans can confuse ourselves (setting limits that can confine potential understanding) with our own labelling systems! I quite like don Juan's term (from Castaneda books) 'inorganic beings' (see my above reply) - it avoids pinning paranormal encounters down too much with humanities current assumptions, and simply refers to beings that exist who have awareness but no physical organism (well, not the way humanity in general understands the physical)

I like to use the phrase, 'folk from Elsewhere' as a neutral place holder term. It encompasses ETI, faery, sentient entities in some consciousness eco-system and anything else that doesn't lend itself to prosaic, cultural or psychological explanations. It's also non-committal which is always a good stance to take.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Nice phrase
I like the word elsewhere - gives that extra feel of mystery

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I like to use the phrase, 'folk from Elsewhere' as a neutral place holder term. It encompasses ETI, faery, sentient entities in some consciousness eco-system and anything else that doesn't lend itself to prosaic, cultural or psychological explanations. It's also non-committal which is always a good stance to take.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No worries Aelfrede - Albert Rosales has collected quite a number of (very) freaky non-human reports over the years and mentions in this interview that small fairy/goblin like folk are actually still being reported.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yes. I mentioned in another post I’ve been surrounded by woods my whole life, and thanks to that I’ve seen some interesting things. I’ve seen faeries more than once and also a will ‘o the wisp.

The faeries I saw were orange glowing orbs. Extremely intense light that couldn’t be seen through. Solid. One time I saw an orange sphere (faerie, I’m sure of it) and so did one of our outdoor cats. The cat tried to catch it, following it a short distance before trying to leap up and grab at it, and the orb VANISHED instantly before the cat could touch it!

I regretted not reaching for it myself because I was SO close that I could have, but I didn’t dare because I’ve heard of people being cursed in folklore for touching faeries. I think it’s probably best I just watched.

The other time, the first time ever, I saw a faerie while swinging near a different part of the woods. Same area, but a different yard. Basically my dad owned two properties right across from one another, one of which we lived at. This sighting took place at the property across from where we lived (in fact, this is the area where most strange things happened).

I was on the phone with my best friend (this was years ago as a very young teenager, we’re still friends to this day ) when it happened. It was an ENORMOUS ball of orange light that came floating through the trees several feet across from me. I was so stunned my mouth just hung open and I stopped listening to whatever my friend was saying on the other end of the line. I think it was probably multiple faeries or maybe a Queen because of how large it was. It vanished very quickly. I couldn’t believe what I had seen and never expected to see it again (but I did, as you can see from the story above).

Both spheres of light were the same color and of the same intensity. The only difference was size.

The will ‘o wisp is a longer story so I guess I won’t tell it. But there’s a marsh at the edge of both properties and I’m sure that’s what it was- a friend at the time is actually the one who made me realize it was a will ‘o wisp and not a faerie. If I’m not mistaken I actually saw the will ‘o wisp before either of my faerie sightings, oddly enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join