It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple and Amazon Believe Their Gay Customers Are Not Too Bright.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Why the eff not?

The key most of us who would never have such things are pointing out is that NO ONE FORCES YOU TO TAKE APPS OR KEEP THEM ONCE YOU DO.

So why the simple existence of a stupid or offensive app makes you want to scrub it out is beyond me. No one makes you have it.

I can live with knowing there are people who are gay, maybe even people who want to be instead of straight. I can live with knowing there might be people who want to make themselves asexual. I can think of MGTOW people who might try doing that. But as I can easily avoid ever touching that app myself ... It doesn't bother me to know such things exist.

So what's the big deal? Why do you care?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Some kid's grow up dreaming of being the gay police. To protect and serve.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
just WTF ?????????????????

by the " logic " employed in this thread

google , apple et-al - " should " allow the hosting of any scam app

because - caveat emptor ?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It is very popular for corporations and the media to jump on the Band wagon of popular cultural rifts. It sells and looks good for a public image. If you think for a minute they actually care about “whatever group or popular opinion seems important” then I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. My swamp land does not care who or what you claim to be.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

shouldn't the market decide the value of things? I think the app is ridiculous, but then, I'm not that into angry birds either. If I get 369 signatures, should I be able to remove other apps that might "offend" me?

This would be like offering a bag of crap for sale $5 plus shipping and handling. If someone will buy it, why shouldn't I get to sell it? If nobody buys it, I'd have to find something else to fund my retirement. It's a dumb argument, but the principal is worth at lest thinking about.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You, and your propaganda, never surprise me anymore. Nor does Jburns's. Just look at some of your ridiculous threads in the past.

Is real life, that dull for you?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: j4ckd4r1pp3r

originally posted by: rickymouse
If a gay person decides he does not want to be gay anymore, they should have access to help to transition back. So the gays don't think that they should be allowed to? I think that is typical liberal thinking, you are not allowed to change your mind unless it is in their direction.

Hmmm, so sexuality is a choice?
So when did you decide to be straight?
When did you find both sexes to be attractive but chose to go straight?

As a man, my sexuality was never a choice, I have always preferred women and never once found another man to be attractive but what you are saying is that at some point in your life, you found both sexes attractive but chose to go one way.

Not me, I have always preferred women. I don't even understand why a woman would even go out with us guys but am glad they do.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

They already do. They're called freemium games.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yep.

I worked for a man who bought a load of composted manure, parceled it out into fancy bottles, tied a ribbon around each one, and slapped a label on it calling it Prairie Kaka. He made $10 each on them and more than made back his investment because people thought they were funny and bought them.

Should someone who thought that was dumb have gotten 369 other people who thought that was dumb to sign a petition and gotten the product banned because they thought it was stupid ... or offensive ... or a scam?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: j4ckd4r1pp3r

As a man, my sexuality was never a choice, I have always preferred women and never once found another man to be attractive but what you are saying is that at some point in your life, you found both sexes attractive but chose to go one way.

Yes, yes it is, most of the time any way. Is any baby born with a fetish for leather or My Little Ponies?
Every time I have sex I choose what I am going to put where and how. Nearly everything we willingly participate in we choose to do so.
Funny though, Gays and Trans tell me they're normal and born that way, while telling me BDSM, Beastiality, Polygamy and more orientations are unnatural, or icky. But if you asked someone into bondage or with multiple partners they'd probably say it's just who they are, that they were born that way.

The irony and double standards of most humans is not lost on me. Very much do as I say, not as I do as a species.

I am poly-amorous by nature, even married I can fall in love with other people quite easily. (hey nobody makes me only love one parent or sibling) but I choose not to act on it. Mostly because I love my wife more than any other person and know it would hurt her.
But it is indeed a choice.

Just the same as every woman I have had sex with was a choice. I never had to act on my heterosexuality.
Just as no Gay person has to act on their desires. They choose to.

What people seem to confuse is biology and sexuality. Nobody has control over how they are physically born, but everyone has control over what they do with what they were born with.

People cannot just say "Hey I have sex with other guys/gals/ponies because I choose to."

Nope they have to be 'born that way' to validate it to, if not to themselves, then to their peers.

Just because you might think of having gay sex once, doesn't mean you're gay, or have to act on it. If you think of having sex with a dude or a chick then have sex with them, you chose to do that.

Seems simple enough.

For me personally every day. Just as I choose to not sleep around on my wife. Just as you choose everyday to be who you are and do what you do.
What's for dinner tonight? Were you born with the taste for it, or did you choose dinner?

Again for myself, every day.
But wait I'm not gaaaaaaaay? No I'm not. But just as I can admire women naked without getting aroused or rapey, and can control my urges, I can admire a man, I can say another dude is handsome, and see what the women see in them both aesthetically and sexually.
I can also love another man as I love any other human being. Heck I even joke with the wife when watching Supernatural with her that'd go gay for Jensen Ackles.
(Well not gay, it'd just be sex because it's only gay if you love the man lol)

Only reason I am not having sex with another man, woman, virgin in a wolf costume, dead fish or a running blender right now is because I am choosing not too.

Now when you're putting your junk into cereal boxes at the supermarket because the pink rabbit in your head told you to. Then you can maybe tell me you didn't have a choice in what you did.

But yeah everything in life is a choice. Unless a gun is held to your head, but even then you technically still have a choice.

Every ones different, everyone likes different things, we all make our choices.
Nothing wrong with that.
What is wrong is everyone has to shove their business in each others face, or go poking their noses into others lives.

Why do you care who sticks what where? Why do they need you to even know?

You do things in private who is gonna know? You scream for the spotlight you're going to get attention.
Regardless, we're all choosing the paths we are taking.
Anything else is just excuses.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I don’t think it’s a choice though like choosing the pasta over the salad is.

I think that homosexuality is more about nurture than nature if you like. That is to say I don’t think it’s a conscious decision. Either way I don’t care what bill and bob get up.
edit on 31-12-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
In my opinion this was a stupid app in the fist place and as such I agree with it being removed. In my view it was removed because of the offence it causes rather that Amazon thinking it’s gay customers are stupid.

It’s their platform so it’s their rules.

I understand why they have done this

We all understand why they did this, but only the deeper thinkers understand the significance of why they did this.
Voltaire comes to mind. History is doomed to repeat itself

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If someone is deciding to not be gay..they werent really gay in the first place. Maybe confused on who they are for some reason. Just as someone that comes out as gay later in life was likely repressing their feelings for one of any number of many reasons is happens.

You can say nobody is forcing someone to get this app, but thats simply not going to be true and its for the same general reason that in the next 5 years you're probably going to be hearing a lot about laws being made to stop gay conversion therapy camps. If you look at the stories that come out of those camps, it is horrifying. Almost across the board, and a major percentage of the people who go to those camps are younger adults and even kids who have been pressured or even forced into them by their families. Nearly the same idea, I believe would be happening with this app, it would be seen as a more socially acceptable form of the same thing, probably bought by a parent to make their kid do, or purchased by a church in case someone in their congregation was struggling with that feeling. I suppose it cant be quite as bad as the camps because you cant physically punish someone through this app.

Another thing is that there is a difference between "kinks" a person has at the gender they are attracted to. The same kind of BDSM/kinks go on between people both straight and gay.
edit on 1-1-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you like both pasta and salad, then that would be more like choosing if you're bi.

Homosexuality v. heterosexuality would be more like choosing pasta over liver and onions if you disliked liver. Technically, you can still choose liver.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty much agree. Everyone is different, the paths they took to get where they are are different, sharing a label with someone does not make you them.
Some people choose the Salad, some people just come with the Salad. Either way it is their choice if they eat it.

My hetero co-workers don't tell me they're straight every 5 minutes, they do not discuss their sex life at work because it has no baring on the job we're doing. They realize it would be inappropriate.

Straight, Gay, Trans. Be a damn unicorn for all I care. Just don't expect I should treat you differently or special based on where you insert things or have them inserted.

How I treat you, and you I, should be based on nothing but how you behave as a human being.

Born this way, or chose to be. Doesn't matter. What people do with it is always a choice, regardless of sexuality, colour, religion, gender etc.
Just tired of people not taking responsibility for themselves and their actions because of the birthmark they have on their ass.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

who wins?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join