It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Miami Vice' Feature Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hot off the heels of Collateral and the season 1 DVD release, writer/director Michael Mann is bringing TV's hugely popular 80's cop show to the big screen. With an A-list cast, this could ride the wave of pop culture nostalgia and Oscar-nomination buzz to be a summer blockbuster.

ComingSoon.net

People magazine and the Colin Farrell Fansite have a first look at Colin Farrell in character on the Long Beach, California set of Universal Pictures' big screen Miami Vice adaptation. Michael Mann (Collateral) wrote and is directing the action-drama which hits theaters on July 28, 2006.

Farrell plays Det. James "Sonny" Crockett and Jamie Foxx is Det. Ricardo Tubbs in the movie version of the '80s cop drama. The original series starred Don Johnson as Crockett and Philip Michael Thomas as Tubbs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hollywood has spawned a number of TV-to-Movie action projects such as S.W.A.T and Charlie's Angels that had modest box office takes, but Mann's success with Collateral and his established reputation for handling action and drama (Heat, Ray) give this project a real shot at success. It would be hard to beat the casting. Foxx had an incredible year, swith nominations for Best Supporting Actor in Collateral and for Best Actor in Ray. Colin Farrell, well, he just needs a good movie after Alexander.

Miami Vice ran from 1984-1989, and will have a large base of fans to count on. Speaking as someone who is perpetually trapped in the 80's, this is one I am looking out for.

Related News Sources
FilmFOrce
Reality TV World

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This movie should bring the world together.

I was in Portugal a couple of months ago and I was walking to a pub with this Portugese guy. We literally had a hour long discussion about Miami Vice. Long live cheesy 80's series!

new topics

join