It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Biography - On The Basis of Sex - Tops The Box Office.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Uh Oh.. this thread was moved to a forum I didn't know existed. The "Movies" forum doesn't show up when clicking on "Recent", to see the most recent activity at ATS. I Guess this is the end of this short-lived thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You do know that recent is recent right so if something isn't posted it isn't there.

Click on FORUMS across the top menu.
Tons of fourms listed.

As a side note you made a post about a movie, what forum should it be in if not the MOVIES forum?

edit on 30-12-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And that's a silly argument: There are thousands of references to "he" and "men" in legal documents that are well known to mean the universal "he" or "men." We live in a culture where the masculine is used when discussing a whole group of people that are mixed sexes.

I mean, she has argued and won some cases that I deem to be worthwhile in making laws be more equally applied to all, but she was an activist attorney and then judge far back into her career (and still remains so), so for that reason, I don't respect her as a Justice and judge in general, regardless as to her political ideology.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Okay, but can we agree that RBG never advocated the age of consent be lowed to 12?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, because I didn't research it, nor have I ever heard such a thing. I don't feel like believing it nor researching it, either, but it doesn't seem like something that she would have said, given her stances and ideology on things.

Good enough?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So you still agree with Ginsburg? I mean, arguably it is unwise to pick such a bad law for showcasing, but on the other hand it was good to bring attention to a bad law in legislative circles.

If she had wished to preserve that law, why would she even bring attention to it, let alone in a negative light?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thursday, March 14, 2019

Ruth Bader Ginsburg's 86th birthday is tomorrow March 15th. There are 500 supporters planning on coming to the Supreme Court in her honor.

Source: www.law.com...

The Supreme Court Justices have a meeting tomorrow. I wonder if RBG will at least look out the window and wave?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join