It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door in Great Sphinx leading to the Hall of Records (Cover up!)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
From what I remember, that shaft has always been open. Local boys used to swim in it.

See, that's the deal. The way a lot of these "rooms" are positioned it seems like they would be well below the water line, particularly if you assume that they were built longer ago than the currently accepted dates. I suppose it would be a good way to hide things from thieves, but supposedly you would want access to them at some point.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

From what I remember, that shaft has always been open. Local boys used to swim in it.

See, that's the deal. The way a lot of these "rooms" are positioned it seems like they would be well below the water line, particularly if you assume that they were built longer ago than the currently accepted dates. I suppose it would be a good way to hide things from thieves, but supposedly you would want access to them at some point.

Obviously, whatever was done down there in ancient times was above the water line then.

Harte

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Obviously, whatever was done down there in ancient times was above the water line then.

Harte

Well, maybe or maybe not. The Sphinx supposedly shows water erosion on its body, and is believed to have once been mostly submerged underwater.

Of course, who knows...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

From the video above -

These next videos are found in the info section of the first video. They are short videos but they show the second entrance into the Sphinx from an access point on its back. Another video discusses the chambers underneath the plateau.

Water erosion and true date of the Sphinx.

Nice, I'll watch these vids later. I love that YT channel, Bright Insight.

What kills me is that Egypt is clearly loaded with the ruins of an ancient advanced civilization, that we can't even understand.

Yet the tunnels remain closed off, and mankind is barely living better than the level of animals... While such ancient advanced ruins remain hidden, and mankind remains stupid, lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Ok 2 questions:

1: Has the tomb of Osiris ever been established that it actually exists? Asking bc there seems VERY limited info about it...

If it’s established that it really does exist, what are the best videos about it? Bright Insight is great but AFAIK even that is very limited info about this topic...?

2. Since ancient Egypt was obviously an advanced civilization:

What do you imagine their day-to-day life was like?

For example, humans waste most of life chasing after resources... like animals. Food, rent, etc.

Assuming ancient Egypt was more advanced: then they didn’t waste their lives chasing after their basic needs, right?

Presumably they were far beyond our animalistic ways of life. Right?

So with their base needs met, for food, clothing, & shelter:

Ok so what did they actually do all day?

It’s almost impossible to imagine, in our primitive state of humanity lol

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Harte

Well, maybe or maybe not. The Sphinx supposedly shows water erosion on its body, and is believed to have once been mostly submerged underwater.

Of course, who knows...

The sphinx was never under water. People believe a lot of stupid things.

Harte

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Harte

What? Are you really trying to claim there is no evidence of ancient scuba gear? How else did they access all the submerged sites? Next you will be claiming that the Earth isn't flat........

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

The sphinx was never under water. People believe a lot of stupid things. Harte

People beleive a lot of stupid things because they dont cross reference there opinion against fact and by not using their noggins and seeing what is in front of their eyes.

The Sphinx is carved out of solid bedrock. As you know yourself. What is the best faculty for dating stone erosion. Geology.

What do the geologists have to say about this . he 1992 in a paper by geologist Dr. Robert M. Schoch, Redating the Great Sphinx of Giza, which deals with scientific investigations of the weathering and erosion.

I discovered that the geological evidence was not compatible with what the Egyptologists were saying. On the body of the Sphinx, and on the walls of the Sphinx Enclosure (the pit or hollow remaining after the Sphinx’s body was carved from the bedrock), I found heavy erosional features that I concluded could only have been caused by rainfall and water runoff. The thing is, the Sphinx sits on the edge of the Sahara Desert and the region has been quite arid for the last 5000 years

robertschoch.com...

The best thing to do as I said is to use your noggin. Here have a look at this image below and see if you can see erosion marks both on the body of the Sphinx and on the wall enclosure. The front of the body implicitly shows water erosion as does the enclosure behind.

And whilst we are on the Sphinx have you noticed how the head is not erorded as much as the body is. Strange that since the body has been under sand for a god while.

Certainly looks like the head has been re-carved or maybe even a geopolymer added at a later date. It does appear a different colour.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Has the tomb of Osiris ever been established that it actually exists? Asking bc there seems VERY limited info about it...

In my opinion the images I provided may well be the tomb of Osiris. It is evdently a very important burial site. It is situated at a good depth and sits between the second pryamid and the Sphinx. With tunnels leading off in the direction of the Sphinx and the Pryamid.

Legends have it that Osiris was buried on an island surrounded by water and other local stories talk about the well under the Cheops pyramid leading to the burial place of Osiris.

It is more than evident when you start looking at the Pyramids that they where all built by the same hand and same design. They are not separate entities and the conventional story does not add up. I will put a thread up about it sometime.

Yes there is very little evidence. But when you understand there is a coverup you begin to see why. We have a few minutes of footage from decades ago and no more. Those tunnels have been explored. We are just not privy to the information.

The Official secret act is a weapon of mass control and propaganda.

:-)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Allthough I have not agreed with you much in this thread. I still appreciate what you have to say.

Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Yet the tunnels remain closed off, and mankind is barely living better than the level of animals... While such ancient advanced ruins remain hidden, and mankind remains stupid, lol.

We are lied to about our history and our spirituality. These things are kept hidden from us.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

But there is water under the Sphinx, no?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Cool thread. I wouldn't doubt it for a minute! Ive seen some of this before

I still think the Egyptians recarved the head. Its too small for the body, and the erosion on the body looks thousands of years older

I seem to remember reading years ago that the theory was that it originally had a lion head but one of the pharos had it carved into their likeness, I could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There is today.

Harte

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Please.
I wrote the article about this that used to be in ATS' wiki (Tinwiki.) That was a decade ago.
"Use your noggin" indeed.
Read the report Schoch produced about his investigation.
He plainly and clearly states that his date for the sphinx is based entirely on subsurface weathering, and not on anything found on the surface of the monument.

Maybe you shouldn't assume that it's the other person that's not using their noggin.

BTW, the head of the sphinx in your pic has been heavily buttressed with concrete. Almost the entire right side of the neck is new concrete. The left side too, on the headdress.
The head itself is comprised of a different and much harder strata of the local limestone. No wonder it looks less weathered, eh?
Look at this old image: link

Compare to new:
www.worldbook.com...

Before you assume others haven't looked into this, maybe you would do better to learn a few more things about the sphinx.
Granted, the search function here isn't helpful, but you could do a site-specific google search, like this one:
Site specific search

Harte
edit on 1/16/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Harte

Of course, who knows...

Harte

Well I haven't personally gone to Egypt to study it, but it's widely-reported to show water erosion. Which, if correct, means that yes, it was underwater. If not submerged, then it was subjected to heavy rains.

Do you disagree that the body shows water erosion?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Harte

What? Are you really trying to claim there is no evidence of ancient scuba gear? How else did they access all the submerged sites? Next you will be claiming that the Earth isn't flat........

What do you think of the obvious water erosion on the body of the Sphinx?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

People beleive a lot of stupid things because they dont cross reference there opinion against fact and by not using their noggins and seeing what is in front of their eyes.

The Sphinx is carved out of solid bedrock. As you know yourself. What is the best faculty for dating stone erosion. Geology.

What do the geologists have to say about this . he 1992 in a paper by geologist Dr. Robert M. Schoch, Redating the Great Sphinx of Giza, which deals with scientific investigations of the weathering and erosion.

I discovered that the geological evidence was not compatible with what the Egyptologists were saying. On the body of the Sphinx, and on the walls of the Sphinx Enclosure (the pit or hollow remaining after the Sphinx’s body was carved from the bedrock), I found heavy erosional features that I concluded could only have been caused by rainfall and water runoff. The thing is, the Sphinx sits on the edge of the Sahara Desert and the region has been quite arid for the last 5000 years

robertschoch.com...

The best thing to do as I said is to use your noggin. Here have a look at this image below and see if you can see erosion marks both on the body of the Sphinx and on the wall enclosure. The front of the body implicitly shows water erosion as does the enclosure behind.

And whilst we are on the Sphinx have you noticed how the head is not erorded as much as the body is. Strange that since the body has been under sand for a god while.

Certainly looks like the head has been re-carved or maybe even a geopolymer added at a later date. It does appear a different colour.

Nice post, people call people stupid, for talking about water erosion, and all they have to do is look at a photo, and see it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I do.
And Schoch even admitted that how weathering looks on stone has much more to do with the stone than with the weathering method.

Salt exfoliation, along with the varying resistance to weathering across the several beds that make up the sphinx, is more than enough to explain the weathering found on the sphinx and enclosure.

Harte

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

robertschoch.com...

Nice post, people call people stupid, for talking about water erosion, and all they have to do is look at a photo, and see it.

Can you be specific regarding the qualifications you hold for making such a determination?
Are you aware that hardly a single Geologist agrees with Schoch?

If so, do you wonder why, or is there a Geologist's conspiracy to "conceal our past from us" to go along with the one in Egyptology?

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join