It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door in Great Sphinx leading to the Hall of Records (Cover up!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Cool thread. I wouldn't doubt it for a minute! Ive seen some of this before

I still think the Egyptians recarved the head. Its too small for the body, and the erosion on the body looks thousands of years older

That's an interesting observation. I've never heard this before. If true then why would they recarve the head? Do you have any links to stories regarding this theory?

Take a close look at it. I think there may be a thread about it here. I did a lot of research on this some years ago. I was supposedly terrible frightening dog head before, many thousands of years ago

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Back in about the 1990's, I think it was, my wife and i watched a documentary about some earth penetrating radar work that had been done around the sphinx.

What they found was that under one of the paws of the Sphinx, cant remember which one now, the ground penetrating radar image clearly showed that at one time a shaft about 10 metres deep, and 2 meters wide, had been excavated under this paw. The interesting thing was is that the image also clearly showed that there was a large "bulb" at the bottom of the hole.

A few years ago (could be 5+ years) on this website there was extensive discussion about a mysterious excavation being carried out in the vicinity of the one of the Sphinx's paws. It was all done at night and a metal sheeting fence had been erected around, I think, the entire Sphinx.

The work went on for about a week.

I have never heard anything of this excavation to this day, no article, no doco, no public announcement or report of the event, nothing.

For sure, they may have found nothing but why the bulb shape at the bottom on the shaft, why the shaft at all if there was nothing there. Who commissioned, organised and paid for the night time excavation, how did they get permission to do the dig, why and how did someone target the area under a paw of the sphinx for a ground penetrating radar project.

if nothing was ever found why not a public announcement and report on it?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Very cool thread!

I believe world governments and media are hiding a number of secrets about Ancient Egypt and even Rome. If anyone hasn't noticed by now have u noticed how there are few of sphinx's top views? and there are more frontal and side views of the sphinx?

Just what are they trying to hide at the top? i find rather odd how there are more top views of the pyramid but not the sphinx.
edit on 1-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Good attitude.

The door is so secret that I found this photo....

www.gettyimages.com.au...

Lol interesting description. A ‘hole in the back’ that was ‘dug by robbers’ looking for treasure.
Ignorant description as a result of that chamber being purposefully underreported, or purposeful obfuscation to keep it that way?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
In 1914, Professor George A. Reisner of Harvard University excavated the hole on the head of The Sphinx. He came back with a story that has almost been erased from history.

Egyptian history is basically propaganda according to some...

Seen in a YouTube comment:

"It was also illegal to record any history in Egypt that made the Pharaoh look bad. That is why they did not record the God of the slaves whooping their butts. If any scribe did that, he probably would have been killed. As an Atheist friend of mine who loved Egypt told me, Egyptian history was basically propaganda.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Funny that you picked up that, which is just a generic description, but not the fact that someone was up there and able to photograph the super secret doorway, which was also....open...

There may very well be hidden chambers under the Sphinx, but an entrance from the top of the head seems unlikely.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

People can find reference to the construction of the Pyramids via ancient Egyptian records (hieroglyphics / etc). However the Sphinx and its purpose / construction are not found anywhere in those records. What we know about it is based on scientific guesswork.

As for water their is a tunnel system underneath the plateau. The tunnel system was located and confirmed however the old antiquities director, Zahi Hawass, later denied the existence of a tunnel system.

We could also go into debates about the age of the Sphinx and the fact is shows water erosion. If thats ever confirmed it would push the age of the Sphinx back almost 12k years. Images taken of North Africa by the former space shuttle program does show an ancient dried out river system that goes from the Nile, stretching across N. Africa and emptying into the Atlantic.

I will never understand what went wrong with our global scientific community. We seem to have moved from discovery and exploration and debate to denials and coverups.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oooweee I can't pass up a good Sphynx debate (However secretive the topic may be)

I spent many hours and sleepless nights drooling over countless articles, documentaries and amateur detailings of Egypt's skunkworks (the type of fishy scent that will lead you down a spirally rabbithole of juicy info) if only I had the foresight to write down ( R.I.P my old hard drive :cryb

Anywho... I recall the sphynx head being re-shaped after the (insert arbitrary number) Pharaoh Khafre (or possibly one of his daughters) during his reign over the providence.
*I'll put a link in if I can, but his face is a direct resemblance of the current face of said sphynx

www.khanacademy.org...
( apologies if that doesn't work im using my PS4 to post this... "Woe is me"

Back to the secret doors/entrances/openings I do believe Mr Hawass was doing some spelunking down and around there a few years ago (around the year 2002 or so) his findings were all run past the Egyptian's (government)? and as someone mentioned here already they aren't too fond of sharing what they find, unless it glorifies them or their past rulers... coughJERKScough (Sorry bad throat) ...However I remeber hearing or reading him mentioning the Hall of Records as either the reasoning behind said spelunking OR from the scarcely distributed findings of the "chambers"

Either way "something" is down there, whatever it is was important enough to mark with a giant staue of, again, "something" (my guess is Anubus) it's hard enough finding your way around the dessert imagine having to ask your slaves where they dug that enormous hole in the ground everytime you wanted to pray worship to the sun gods (Just one of many theories)

en.m.wikipedia.org...
www.eyeofthepsychic.com...
(sorry again if links dw...)

I also can't get past the Atlantis theory... (Then again I have at least 5 different ideas as to that wonderlands locale
)

I'll jump back in if I dig up some stanky deets but for now I'll leave it your capable hands ATS'ers

Have fun, just rember to sleep

Peace N Love

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
fyi, Hawass is all over the place, probably as far from reliable as one gets, from corruption to biased behaviours he's one hell of a shady chap. Claims say he is "pretending to fight for Egypt whilst secretly trying to uncover the real mysteries... Sigh. Whatever he does know I doubt he will be risking his head to reveal it anytime soon. (coughPANSYcough) ..I gotta get this throat checked out..

Peace N Love

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Forgot about that giant stone... Hmm if there was one on the Great sphinx originally I wonder where it is/what happened to it. I doubt it would have fit with the Anubis depiction... Maybe it used to be a Khufu/previous pharoh head before Khafre got his hands on it ...And maybe he didn't like big rocks on his head lol
(Khafre is the son of Khufu)

Could also provide an explanation as for the original purpose of the head hole??? Hmm indeed

Another layer to this oh so delicious cake, ty

Peace N Love
edit on 1-1-2019 by AnsemxThexWisex because: Head holes

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Here below is an aerial photograph of the great Sphinx. It is worth noting that aerial photography in the area is restricted. If you look at the top of the head you will note a round lighter coloured patch. It looks like it has been altered

The image below show it a little more clearer.

and the close up.

Now if you go back in time and look at older ariel images you can clearly see that the top is open.

Photo taken 15 Dec 1925

Yes, the top is thought to have held some sort of headdress in ancient times. The hole, like all the other holes in the sphinx, is from treasure hunters, though it was enlarged back in the 1900's (I think it was) by one of those rollicking old-time Egyptologists (also treasure hunters.)

originally posted by: purplemerIn 1914, Professor George A. Reisner of Harvard University excavated the hole on the head of The Sphinx. He came back with a story that has almost been erased from history.

In 1914, newspapers around the world reported his findings, including a temple of the Sun and also the sarcophagus of the first Pharaoh #Menes. These findings have now been erased from history books and Egyptian authorities deny the Sphinx chambers' existence.
[

www.pinterest.co.uk...

Its an interesting story and worthy of attention.

Perhaps attention should have been paid, then.
Or perhaps you should have looked for an archived newspaper that reported this instead of relying on (apparently) pinterest.
Reisner never reported anything like that story as far as anyone can tell.
If you want to know what Reisner thought about the sphinx, click here
Sorry to burst bubbles. Reisner never did ANY major work on the Sphinx, as far as I can tell, other than to show that it was almost certainly created during Khafre's reign, and that was reported around the world.

Harte

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Funny that you picked up that, which is just a generic description, but not the fact that someone was up there and able to photograph the super secret doorway, which was also....open...

Yes we have established there is a door way. If its not secret could you show me some photos of whats down it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Also established that there can’t be something super important down it, due to the fact that they left the door open while a photographer was up there taking photos.

Have you asked him what’s down there?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Going by the guy standing in it, I believe its just a hole for something that once fixed on the head of the sphinx. Possibly a slanted tophat. Egyptians knew style.

I agree. If you consider that the head has not been drastically modified (and I doubt it has), then there i now way the proportions will allow a chamber the size of the one depicted. If you look the head is quite small in definitive. It would would only present a very small exploitable volumle. If you look at old pictures with people standing on the sphinx (at the time it was not a problem), you will understand it is quite incompatible with a chamber system inside the head as depicted in the first illustrations.
I am not saying there is no tunnels or chambers in the sphinx. Just keep in mind the exploitable volume in the head is very small.
Interesting as **** nontheless!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I can tell you this much...Don't keep your hopes up...if there is anything significant to find we.....the people...will be the very last to be informed, if ever. It is common knowledge that this Zahi Hawass is as corrupt as they come and has been treasure hunting for the former president of Egypt Mubarrak. He has been given dugg up ancient juwelry to the wife of this president. Then there is this promised to live feed the world with images when this little rover would crawl it way through the passage door in one of the shafts. He did not tell that he secretly peeked behind that door before this world premiere would start.

He is not at the wheel this moment but can assure you if there is any chance to find something somewhere on or in the grounds of Giza he already has been there. That is including what is behind that door on the head of the sphinx. Can you imagine how wonderful he would feel if his name is attached to the greatest archaeological find of the 21st century? Would you be really so naive to think that if there are tools discovered which would explain the stone processing or even building the pyramids "they" would go public and share this news with us? First this will be examined if there is anyway to weaponize the technology...and then if it can be sold. If it is some new powerful technology we will probably never learn from it excistance.

Sorry, I do not have much faith of what is going on there in Egypt.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hey just to throw some more charcoal on the barby here is an interesting video that claim's the pyramid's and gize were actually submerged and may be even older than Hancock and co claimed, this is very interesting but the whole argument rotates around a fossil sea creature found stuck on top of and NOT inside one of the limestone block's, the orthodox argument is that it weathered out but the person whom found it disputes that saying that it was a younger fossil and had attached itself to the block's surface which could only have happened had the pyramid been under water for a significant amount of time?.

This is not MY personal belief but neither do I disbelieve it and if true and correct then you would have to ask were the tunnels in the sphynx contemporary to it's original carving or could they too be much older than recorded history?, if so what does that mean for the like's of orthodox history believers.

Sorry Harte if we take your opinion with a pinch of salt here, remember that argument about puma punku and tiwanaku, turn's out those meso american sites were mostly REBUILT in the twentieth century and that the archaeologist that did that rebuilding did so as they believed? the ruin's should go back together, hence your visit and inspection of the site was almost definitely not on virgin ruin's and your opinion of that site is therefore also in question.

edit on 2-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

look at that picture with the guy standing inside, its clearly not very deep

Look at the ariel images and you can see it has depth. Has it not occurred to you that the man may have been standing on a ladder or something.

Something I also thought, given the positioning of his arms.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
Love this stuff, thanks for your effort and input.

Honestly though, after reading ATS for years,I just can't draw too many conclusions about ancient Egypt here on the boards without Harte and/or merka's input , even as disabling and disenchanting as it can be, haha.

Keep waiting. The 'experts' wont have much to say. Why do you think they have yet to comment on this thread?

They turn up to debunk. There not going to debunk this. Its there with plenty of photographic evidence and written account.

Yeah, because smugness encourages beneficial interaction & learning, right?

I would imagine nobody's wandered in probably because of the same reason I almost didn't click the thread in the first place -- it's really not that interesting a subject to debate fringe theories over, and trying to theorize sensible possibilities with brick walls gets extremely old quite quickly.

Sort of the same reason all of our highly knowledgeable earthquake folks left ATS eventually. It's not worth wasting time & effort on having info go in one ear & right out the other.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
I can tell you this much...Don't keep your hopes up...if there is anything significant to find we.....the people...will be the very last to be informed, if ever. It is common knowledge that this Zahi Hawass is as corrupt as they come and has been treasure hunting for the former president of Egypt Mubarrak.

BS.
Not to mention Hawass hasn't been in charge of anything in Egypt for years now, so why bring him up?
What has he to do with this fake claim?

Harte
edit on 1/2/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Pyramids are multi-purpose.

They are designed to survive a VGCDW...or a Noahs sized Global Flood.

Yes there are many pyramids buried all over the earth...just how do you think they were buried.....mother nature doesn't build hills she removes hills...something running counter to mother natures normal routine builds hills....do you think the overburden just fell out of the sky.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join